Author Topic: Which wrestling territory or current Indy promotion produce the best talent?  (Read 1727 times)

ckanyon99

• Getbig II
Always thought Bill Watts Mid-South and Jerry Jarrett USWA produced the best talent back in the day.
What do you guys think?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
USWA is one of those tricky type organizations cause they took over a legendary organization like World Class Championship wrestling but no doubt around 1990 they had a ton of big time talent, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Kerry Von Erich, Sid vicious  and Percy Pringle. I think maybe Shawn Michaels too but I can't really remember.

People tend to look at the transition from WCCW to USWA as a sad moment in wrestling history but there was a ton of quality talent down there in 1989 - 1990

yates fan

• Getbig III
yeah,uswa was really good back in the day.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Verne's AWA roster in the 70's & 80's was very impressive. MN was a stepping stone for guys like Flair, Steamboat, Snuka, Martel, Hennig, Michaels, and many more!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Verne's AWA roster in the 70's & 80's was very impressive. MN was a stepping stone for guys like Flair, Steamboat, Snuka, Martel, Hennig, Michaels, and many more!

I couldn't agree more, but Mid-South was a close second.

Montague

• Getbig V
I couldn't agree more, but Mid-South was a close second.

How about the UWF?

The "other" UWF... ;)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Its interesting how grest Mid-Atlantic was but very little homegrown talent.

ckanyon99

• Getbig II
Championship Wrestling from Florida
Johnny Valentine,
Abdullah the Butcher,
Bob Orton Sr and Jr,
Chief Jay Strongbow,
Wahoo McDaniel,
Terry and Dory Funk, Jr,
Jack and Jerry Briscos,
Dusty Rhodes,
Barry Windham,
Ect...

Have to thank the people at the gym for this
I forgot about this one

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Championship Wrestling from Florida
Johnny Valentine,
Abdullah the Butcher,
Bob Orton Sr and Jr,
Chief Jay Strongbow,
Wahoo McDaniel,
Terry and Dory Funk, Jr,
Jack and Jerry Briscos,
Dusty Rhodes,
Barry Windham,
Ect...

Have to thank the people at the gym for this
I forgot about this one

Windham wrestled as Blackjack Mulligan Jr in mid-atlantic previous to Florida. Dusty worked all over before Florida.  Same with Abby. 

In fairnes it's hard to pin down where a guy came from.  As most worked multiple territories until shitbag Vince drove the nail in the coffin with ni chance to ever recover. 

Montague

• Getbig V
Windham wrestled as Blackjack Mulligan Jr in mid-atlantic previous to Florida. Dusty worked all over before Florida.  Same with Abby. 

In fairnes it's hard to pin down where a guy came from.  As most worked multiple territories until shitbag Vince drove the nail in the coffin with ni chance to ever recover. 

Yes, while CWF was a top-notch promotion, it's not fair to say that they produced all of the above talent. And, that's one point that drives me nuts about the Hart's: they like to toss around all of these names of guys like Dynamite, Benoit, Davey, etc. to come out of "the Dungeon." Over half of the names they boast had either prior or additional training elsewhere