Author Topic: GDP  (Read 2340 times)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Re: GDP
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »

Interesting clip from two years ago, that touches on percentages for military spending:

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2013, 01:02:33 PM »
maybe thats the number I was thinking of....
syntax made a good quote about how we dont spend as much on our military as everyone likes to bitch about.

It isn't all that much in relation to our GDP, I think most people (idiots) get it confused with amount of yearly spending, i.e. the overall yearly fiscal outlays.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2013, 01:38:16 PM »
http://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/43-taxes-and-economy/1991-obama-tripled-the-deficit-now-brags-he-cut-it-in-half

So what did Obama do with that “unpatriotic” level of deficit spending?

He tripled it.  From a deficit of $498 billion in 2008, it shot up to $1.539 trillion in 2009.

Before Obama, America had never witnessed a deficit of $1 trillion or more.  Since Obama, America suffered four consecutive years in excess of that amount.  His 2010 deficit reached $1.387 trillion, his 2011 number hit $1.350 trillion and the 2012 shortfall was $1.120 trillion.  The just-completed fiscal 2013 deficit came in at $759 billion.

Thus, the “halved” 2013 deficit over which Obama brags is larger than the largest deficit of any president who preceded him.  Even at the height of World War II in 1943, the deficit only reached $737 billion in current dollars.

I'm sorry, but while I don't like Obama, any debt in 2009 was under the budget produced by GWB.

That's just a fact.

Now, if you you want to start at the end of 2009 and move forward to today, then yes... Everything from Jan 1, -> Jan 1, 2017 will be Obama.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 11:07:14 AM »
uh no

if you spend the money u created the debt

peter schiff
john allison
tom woods
anyone with a brain
said the idea the economy would implode if we let aig and goldman sachs go under, which many also say they wouldnt have, is total crap

let gm go under as well, rip up all union contracts n pensions, and let ford n whoever buy the assets adn make them successful
same with failed banks

end the fed and clintons madate that homeless get house loans that caused 2008 and end fannie n freddy

simple

obama instead handed out 20T to cronies and ranup 11T debt
bush had already paid for his war u goons

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 11:09:33 AM »
uh no

if you spend the money u created the debt

peter schiff
john allison
tom woods
anyone with a brain
said the idea the economy would implode if we let aig and goldman sachs go under, which many also say they wouldnt have, is total crap

let gm go under as well, rip up all union contracts n pensions, and let ford n whoever buy the assets adn make them successful
same with failed banks

end the fed and clintons madate that homeless get house loans that caused 2008 and end fannie n freddy

simple

obama instead handed out 20T to cronies and ranup 11T debt
bush had already paid for his war u goons

What did he (Bush) pay for it with?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »
December 20, 2013

Gross domestic product grew at an annual rate of 4.1 percent in the third quarter, the fastest pace in almost two years, and exceeding the 3.6 percent pace reported earlier this month. Business spending was also stronger than previously estimated.

The deficit has been cut in half.

Unemployment is down to 7.0%

The stock market is at all-time highs.

Your mother :)

AWWWWW!  I see the democratic machine is teaching you about fun with numbers. that's cute.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »
AWWWWW!  I see the democratic machine is teaching you about fun with numbers. that's cute.

It's andre.  He gets all his info from thinkprogress.com
A

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »
maybe thats the number I was thinking of....
syntax made a good quote about how we dont spend as much on our military as everyone likes to bitch about.

It should still be much less though. A recent article in Foreign Affairs estimates that if the Pentagon can get a handle on personnel costs by slowing the growth of military salaries and increasing Tricare fees, it will still need to cut about 10% of personnel to be in line with the spending limit set in the Budget Control Act of 2011 -- and all that did was cap spending at 2007 levels.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »
It should still be much less though. A recent article in Foreign Affairs estimates that if the Pentagon can get a handle on personnel costs by slowing the growth of military salaries and increasing Tricare fees, it will still need to cut about 10% of personnel to be in line with the spending limit set in the Budget Control Act of 2011 -- and all that did was cap spending at 2007 levels.
youll get no argument from me. There is so much waste in the military that its mind boggling.... usually because of the politics at the top of the chain of command... corruption, contracts being awarded to companies because of how many kick backs theyre giving to a general somewhere, making vast sweeping unnecessary changes thay cost shit tons of money.... etc etc

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 06:40:34 PM »
youll get no argument from me. There is so much waste in the military that its mind boggling.... usually because of the politics at the top of the chain of command... corruption, contracts being awarded to companies because of how many kick backs theyre giving to a general somewhere, making vast sweeping unnecessary changes thay cost shit tons of money.... etc etc

In my humble opinion....much of the waste comes from bureaucratic personnel/beauro-waste and not enlisted personnel. But much of the cuts, if they come, will come from combat manpower and the training/equipment etc that it requires.

Units aren't combat effective but General Do Nothing sure does have a shiny limo to ride around in.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 06:49:59 PM »
In my humble opinion....much of the waste comes from bureaucratic personnel/beauro-waste and not enlisted personnel. But much of the cuts, if they come, will come from combat manpower and the training/equipment etc that it requires.

Units aren't combat effective but General Do Nothing sure does have a shiny limo to ride around in.
of course. ... because the giys at the top wasting all the moneh arent just going to cut their lifestyles/power/influence..... theyre just going to cut it from someone else, who just so happens to be the guys that actually do all the work.