Author Topic: From the pages of FLEX Magazine  (Read 3799 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
From the pages of FLEX Magazine
« on: December 20, 2013, 08:27:13 PM »
I received in the mail today a copy of the latest Flex Magazine. I was surprised because I forgot they were giving away free year long subscriptions at the Olympia Expo this year.

I decided to flip through it and came across the HARD TIMES section written by a Greg Merritt, it is entitled, "Heath goes Greene'

Phil comes off like us Getbiggers would expect him to.  And I quote...

The Rivalry "Kai is an amazing person. As far as bodybuilding is concerned. He's an awesome champion. He's just not a Mr. Olympia champion. And I feel like he's a guy who wants what I have and I'm just standing in his way just like Jay and Ronnie his way. And it's a war. So I don't feel sorry for him at all. I'm trying to win. This is my title."

Hard Work " I just think he has the wrong idea about me. I think he thinks it's all about gifts and bullshit. But at the end of the day, hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard.  And I worked my ass off to be where I am in this world and he cannot discredit that anymore after what he saw tonight and last night."

Respect "I don't hate the dude, I just want him to respect me. Because I never disrespected him. He disrespected me first. As a champ you should never be disrespected by someone who isn't the champ. You aint cocky if you complete the task. If I say I'm going to win and then I win, that's not cocky. That's just telling it like it is.  I refuse to let anyone disrespect my  hard work and talent. I refuse to do that anymore.  I'm a three-time Mr. Olympia. I deserve his respect."

Hard Life "No one has gone through what I went through this year, period." And Kai has been able to tell his story about his hardships in life. But he's not the only person.  And I think the way I've been portrayed is as if Phil has this easy-ass life. They didn't know what I went through at 3 years old, having a broken home and stuff like that because it's not for them to know about. That's my personal life. I just feel like sometime Kai plays the victim. And people will come up to me and say, "Why do you have animosity towards him?" And I don't have animosity towards anyone.  It's just that he's not the only one that goes through stuff."

Disrespect "He disrespected me by signing that poster as Mr. Olympia and he's been signing his autographs all weekend as 2013 Mr. Olympia.  I have photos to prove it.  If I were to do that, people would say Phil is cocky. When did I ever do that? I never signed Mr. Olympia till I was Mr. Olympia. I never touched a Sandow until I was able to touch my own. So that's the respect I've had for this sport.  But why do people look at me as if I'm some arrogant asshole, but he can do it? I can't play by his rules. I can't get away with the same things that Kai Greene does. Fans should judge us on an even playing field, because if he were judged by the same standards that are applied to me they wouldn't be fans of him"

Role Model " When did I ever come after him? Never.  He always comes after me and said I was gifted as if I didn't have to work to be Mr. Olympia. He should know that I worked my ass off just like him and he can't accept it.  His fans don't like it because he's brainwashed them. It's very apparent. On paper, you put him and me together, and I'm going to be a better pick than he is for being a role model than he is.  And everybody knows what I'm talking about.  You look at my personal life, you look at my accomplishments onstage and offstage. I travel the world and promote this sport, and I give back to the community. And yet he gets looked at through a different lens and he gets to skate by. These are facts. I'm sorry. It may sound negative. But people do know this, and people don't address this ever".

Though Phil has some points, I think it's safe to say Kai may not own any Sandows but he owns Mr. Olympia's mind.

Discuss.

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: From the pages of FLEX Magazine
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:32:41 PM »
 all the the way alpha article right there

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »
I agree with everything he said and Kai is just a little whiner. You say Kai owns his mind, hello he holds a position where his views on matters is voiced, it has to be, he is Mr. O. he has no choice and if someone else came second and not Kai it would be referring to the bodybuilder who came second, wtf do you expect?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 08:47:47 PM »
Phil is a cool Hebrew 8)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 09:14:08 PM »
I received in the mail today a copy of the latest Flex Magazine. I was surprised because I forgot they were giving away free year long subscriptions at the Olympia Expo this year.

I decided to flip through it and came across the HARD TIMES section written by a Greg Merritt, it is entitled, "Heath goes Greene'

Phil comes off like us Getbiggers would expect him to.  And I quote...

The Rivalry "Kai is an amazing person. As far as bodybuilding is concerned. He's an awesome champion. He's just not a Mr. Olympia champion. And I feel like he's a guy who wants what I have and I'm just standing in his way just like Jay and Ronnie his way. And it's a war. So I don't feel sorry for him at all. I'm trying to win. This is my title."

Hard Work " I just think he has the wrong idea about me. I think he thinks it's all about gifts and bullshit. But at the end of the day, hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard.  And I worked my ass off to be where I am in this world and he cannot discredit that anymore after what he saw tonight and last night."

Respect "I don't hate the dude, I just want him to respect me. Because I never disrespected him. He disrespected me first. As a champ you should never be disrespected by someone who isn't the champ. You aint cocky if you complete the task. If I say I'm going to win and then I win, that's not cocky. That's just telling it like it is.  I refuse to let anyone disrespect my  hard work and talent. I refuse to do that anymore.  I'm a three-time Mr. Olympia. I deserve his respect."

Hard Life "No one has gone through what I went through this year, period." And Kai has been able to tell his story about his hardships in life. But he's not the only person.  And I think the way I've been portrayed is as if Phil has this easy-ass life. They didn't know what I went through at 3 years old, having a broken home and stuff like that because it's not for them to know about. That's my personal life. I just feel like sometime Kai plays the victim. And people will come up to me and say, "Why do you have animosity towards him?" And I don't have animosity towards anyone.  It's just that he's not the only one that goes through stuff."

Disrespect "He disrespected me by signing that poster as Mr. Olympia and he's been signing his autographs all weekend as 2013 Mr. Olympia.  I have photos to prove it.  If I were to do that, people would say Phil is cocky. When did I ever do that? I never signed Mr. Olympia till I was Mr. Olympia. I never touched a Sandow until I was able to touch my own. So that's the respect I've had for this sport.  But why do people look at me as if I'm some arrogant asshole, but he can do it? I can't play by his rules. I can't get away with the same things that Kai Greene does. Fans should judge us on an even playing field, because if he were judged by the same standards that are applied to me they wouldn't be fans of him"

Role Model " When did I ever come after him? Never.  He always comes after me and said I was gifted as if I didn't have to work to be Mr. Olympia. He should know that I worked my ass off just like him and he can't accept it.  His fans don't like it because he's brainwashed them. It's very apparent. On paper, you put him and me together, and I'm going to be a better pick than he is for being a role model than he is.  And everybody knows what I'm talking about.  You look at my personal life, you look at my accomplishments onstage and offstage. I travel the world and promote this sport, and I give back to the community. And yet he gets looked at through a different lens and he gets to skate by. These are facts. I'm sorry. It may sound negative. But people do know this, and people don't address this ever".

Though Phil has some points, I think it's safe to say Kai may not own any Sandows but he owns Mr. Olympia's mind.

Discuss.

Good interview. I sure would like to hear more about the above in bold. ^^^^^^^^^^^^. Does anyone know more about that?

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 01:50:13 AM »
Iceman - The highlighted stuff comes from Kai's comments in Generation Iron.
My advice to Kai would be come in as conditioned as possible like 2012 and hope
Phil has an off night. Anything can happen in those last 48 hours and like Dexter does;
if someones off, he's there to pick them off.
Kai's shape rivals Phil's and in some ways is better when he comes in like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED03dGi7UY8

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 01:55:15 AM »
Phil has an off night. Anything can happen in those last 48 hours and like Dexter does;
Kai's shape rivals Phil'sand in some ways is better when he comes in like this.

Really?? Kai looks awkward as fuck! There's no flow to him ,a bunch of body parts thrown together

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 02:01:42 AM »
Uh Oh, He went there...
"On paper, you put him and me together, and I'm going to be a better pick than he is for being a role model than he is.  And everybody knows what I'm talking about.  You look at my personal life, you look at my accomplishments onstage and offstage."

But, to Kai's credit, Phil was seen as the heir apparent and was groomed for the title. He may have had to work, but as soon as he got his first two Pro wins during his Rookie year, the handwriting was on the wall.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 02:05:41 AM »
That was the brutal truth there

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 02:06:46 AM »
Really?? Kai looks awkward as fuck! There's no flow to him ,a bunch of body parts thrown together

Only when he's in shape like 2012. Check the video link in my post.
Kai's midsection is much more appealing and he has better flow in quite a few poses.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 02:13:49 AM »
Only when he's in shape like 2012. Check the video link in my post.
Kai's midsection is much more appealing and he has better flow in quite a few poses.

Sadly he most likely can't replicate that kind of condition since he's been chasing the size game

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 03:31:22 AM »
Genuine dislike for one another or not rivalry is good for the sport. I personally think Heath's big threat next year will come from Wolf with Kai coming in third.

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »
Agree 100% with everything he said.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 08:57:07 AM »
"talent"?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2013, 09:01:43 AM »
It's good to see it's not just warriors battling it out for a muscle trophy.  It's about feelings too.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 09:03:17 AM »
Genuine dislike for one another or not rivalry is good for the sport. I personally think Heath's big threat next year will come from Wolf with Kai coming in third.
It will be Kai again, unless Rhoden or someone else other than Wolf steps up. Wolf is lethal, but let's face it, he hasn't fixed the lower back, and he will never do so. If Roelly gets a better back, thicker chest and better conditioning, he'll pass Wolf.

Kai has Phil's number like nobody else. If Phil is off by a little bit, and Kai is larger and more cut, Phil is done.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »
It's good to see it's not just warriors battling it out for a muscle trophy.  It's about feelings too.

Rob what do you think about this part? "As a champ you should never be disrespected by someone who isn't the champ. You aint cocky if you complete the task. If I say I'm going to win and then I win, that's not cocky. That's just telling it like it is.  I refuse to let anyone disrespect my  hard work and talent. I refuse to do that anymore.  I'm a three-time Mr. Olympia. I deserve his respect."

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 09:12:09 AM »
It will be Kai again, unless Rhoden or someone else other than Wolf steps up. Wolf is lethal, but let's face it, he hasn't fixed the lower back, and he will never do so. If Roelly gets a better back, thicker chest and better conditioning, he'll pass Wolf.

Kai has Phil's number like nobody else. If Phil is off by a little bit, and Kai is larger and more cut, Phil is done.

Yep, it's Kai. Wolf and Rhoden have too many flaws. What I don't understand is after getting so close last year, Kai decided to come in as big as he did. He has too much muscle and it exaggerates his flaws. Phil must understand because he's the champ, people will always be after him and root for the underdog. So yes, Kai does play by a different set of rules.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 09:20:41 AM »
Kai will never win the O.. Everybody knows this and everybody knows why  ;)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 09:27:41 AM »
Yep, it's Kai. Wolf and Rhoden have too many flaws. What I don't understand is after getting so close last year, Kai decided to come in as big as he did. He has too much muscle and it exaggerates his flaws. Phil must understand because he's the champ, people will always be after him and root for the underdog. So yes, Kai does play by a different set of rules.
Wolf is being pushed up, his conditioning is freaky and despite his flaws a lot of gossip post Olympia hype was about his place with Kai could have gone either way. I had him in 2nd and Kai third

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 09:42:50 AM »
Rob what do you think about this part? "As a champ you should never be disrespected by someone who isn't the champ. You aint cocky if you complete the task. If I say I'm going to win and then I win, that's not cocky. That's just telling it like it is.  I refuse to let anyone disrespect my  hard work and talent. I refuse to do that anymore.  I'm a three-time Mr. Olympia. I deserve his respect."
To be the man you have to beat the man! But then again it is Bodybuilding!

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 09:50:16 AM »
To be the man you have to beat the man! But then again it is Bodybuilding!

I wish you could beat thE man like in boxing.
$

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2013, 09:56:16 AM »
I wish you could beat thE man like in boxing.
Exactly my point, there is usually no clear cut winner, purely subjective! So all the rules go out the window!

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2013, 09:57:56 AM »
Kai's shape rivals Phil's and in some ways is better when he comes in like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED03dGi7UY8

Thanks SKM. I have to check out Generation Iron.

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013, 10:04:49 AM »
Exactly my point, there is usually no clear cut winner, purely subjective! So all the rules go out the window!
The winner is usually the one who gives the judgea the best hard-on.....on that moment.
Now lets talk about coming in shape.
Seems the ladies and the homos like big and shredded men....
;D
$