Author Topic: Weidman vs Silva II and Rousey vs Tate II  (Read 2828 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Weidman vs Silva II and Rousey vs Tate II
« on: December 22, 2013, 09:57:33 AM »
Predictions:

Weidman vs Silva II

Anderson wins however and whenever he wants.

Anyone arguing that the first fight was anything other than a man clowning around a little too much and paying for it is out of their minds...

New Yorkers in general tend to be a little delusional but Long Islanders take it to another level. Lets take a look at Weidman's coaches.

His striking Coach Ray Longo, a poorly written Soprano's character straight outta central casting. Obese with a famously short temper, worryingly for Weidman, Ray Longo possesses very little technical muay thai knowledge, leaving Chris Weidman with a one dimensional stand up game with the inability to give or take powerful kicks (particularly leg kicks, one the most under trained aspects in MMA, a tactic that could absolutely turn Weidmans lower body into jelly)

Weidman essentially possesses the stand up skills of a lower level amateur boxer.

Granted he's an excellent wrestler, but once it hits the ground he has to rely on the Grappling skills learned from his Coach Matt Serra, a guy famous for handing out BJJ black belts like Halloween candy. Weidman has been practicing BJJ for 4 years. Don't let anyone fool you, the guy is a brown belt under Matt Serra, he's no wizard on the ground. Hell, even a black belt these days means fuck all in BJJ, the rate they're being handed out.

The only chance Weidman has of winning this fight is an unlikely 5 round lay and pray. Pinning Silva to the ground and throwing some short elbows to "stay busy" (just enough to fulfill the UFC's ridiculously "Wrestler friendly" ground rules)

Rousey vs Tate II

Rousey by Armbar whenever.

I'm no Rousey fan but she's competing in a division with almost zero depth and Tate is just a pretty face. Rousey vs Cyborg will never happen in the UFC. Ronda would get smashed to pieces and Cyborg refuses to suck down to 135lb. The most exciting and deep division in womens mma is the 115lb division, which will be debuting in the UFC later next year. Here are some of the athletes who will be competing in the UFC next year at 115lbs.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Weidman vs Silva II and Rousey vs Tate II
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:35:28 AM »
Weidman wins over Anderson Silva via Omaplata

Tate wins over Rousey via Heelhook

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 10:41:22 AM »
Granted he's an excellent wrestler, but once it hits the ground he has to rely on the Grappling skills learned from his Coach Matt Serra, a guy famous for handing out BJJ black belts like Halloween candy. Weidman has been practicing BJJ for 4 years. Don't let anyone fool you, the guy is a brown belt under Matt Serra, he's no wizard on the ground. Hell, even a black belt these days means fuck all in BJJ, the rate they're being handed o

^

Wow

Max

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 11:05:32 AM »
I'd love to see Tate win.
It would make for a great 3rd encounter. But as Cat Zingano took out Tate earlier in the year it's hard to see it happening.  But should be good to watch.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
Anderson wins round 1 or 2 tko
Rousey armbar round 1
Barnett arm-triange choke round 2

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me