Author Topic: If you have a death wish....  (Read 870 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
If you have a death wish....
« on: December 22, 2013, 06:27:46 PM »
then take the ride solo, asshole.  >:(

Mozambique plane crash intentional

Preliminary investigations into a November plane crash that killed 33 people aboard show that the pilot intentionally brought the Mozambican plane down, an aviation official said.
The Mozambican Airlines plane was bound for Angola with six crewmembers and 27 passengers, including 10 Mozambican, nine Angolans, five Portuguese, and one citizen each from France, Brazil and China, according to the airline. The aircraft went down Nov. 29 in a Namibian national park near the border with Angola.

"There was an intention to crash the plane," Joao Abreu, chairman of the Mozambican Civil Aviation Institute said Saturday after gathering recordings and preliminary investigations.

The pilot's motives are unknown, and investigations will continue, he said, naming the pilot as Herminio dos Santos Fernandes. The co-pilot was in the bathroom at the time, he said.

Radar data showed that, at an obligatory reporting position over northern Botswana, the plane suddenly started to slow downwards rapidly. The plane's movements were normal before that, with no mechanical functions, he said. The altitude selector was then manually altered three times, bringing the plane's altitude down from 38,000 feet to 592 feet, Abreu said, reading the preliminary report to reporters.

Low and high intensity alarm signals can be heard on recovered recordings from the plane, along with the sounds of repeated banging on the cockpit door, he said. The investigation report does not say who was banging, but Abreu asserted that the co-pilot was not in the cockpit at the time of the crash and not responsible for the crash. The "black box" flight recorders were recovered intact and sent to the United States National Transport Safety Board in Washington to be decoded and transcribed.

Other indicators show manual operations were used, he said, adding that "all these operations required detailed knowledge of the plane's controls, and showed a clear intention to crash the aircraft."

The control tower had lost voice and radar contact and set search operations in motion. The wreckage of the plane was found in the following days.

http://www.aol.com/article/2013/12/22/official-mozambique-plane-crash-intentional/20793756/?ncid=webmail6#!slide=2120235

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: If you have a death wish....
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
truly fcked up.   I'd be fine with the airlines regularly giving the pilots psych evaluations or even polygraphs.  "Do you have suicidal thoughts" would be a great Q to ask.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 06:34:38 PM »
What's his religion? I read about this on BBC. Sucks for those folks, that's why I take Xanax to fly.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 06:36:18 PM »
guesstherace

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 06:36:41 PM »
truly fcked up.   I'd be fine with the airlines regularly giving the pilots psych evaluations or even polygraphs.  "Do you have suicidal thoughts" would be a great Q to ask.

How about "Do you intend to crash the plane on purpose?"   ;) :D

Also, what the fuck possesses people to ever go to Africa for any reason?  Unless you are you know African or smuggling blood diamonds.

vinnydountsnyc

• Getbig III
  • ''Billy is border line retarded'' Colette Nelson
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 07:33:21 PM »
Just going by his name he was Roman Catholic and not a Hayhab if that's what you think
911 INSIDE JOB !

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 07:35:47 PM »

damn straight.
l

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 07:56:39 PM »
maybe he was taking a selfie
n

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 08:42:09 PM »
maybe he was taking a selfie

LOL.   I used that word today and literally had to punch myself.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 08:43:25 PM »
Was doing some upright rows and the bar caught the flight stick on the way up.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 09:00:57 PM »
rumour has it, he was busy trying to get into his bunny costume,a grey one eyewitnesses reported in disgust and shock, and genitals got stuck i the hole supposed for the anal opening, and fell over etc, and the drama became unstoppable.

a chain reaction of misfortunes.
n

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 12:19:33 AM »
Back in the 80s my dad worked in a part of Africa where taking any kind of transport was a dice roll. one flight he was on went off the end of the runway because the pilot was drunk, but since an old alcoholic German ww2 pilot was the only person in the country qualified to fly the plane, he didn't lose his job.

Africa, not even once.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 01:39:22 AM »
There was a mad muslim pilot back in 1999 that deliberately crashed EgyptAir Flight 990 killing all 217 people on board.  The mad Muslim flew the plane into the ocean after repeatedly saying in Egyptian Arabic "Tawkalt ala Allah".  Both the American Government and the Egyptians investigated with the Americans claiming it was an act of terrorism and the Egyptians got pissed off. So in the end it was a stand off and I think they agreed to some sort of diplomatic resolution and labelled it a possible accident.
V