Author Topic: Another ? about creatine mono...  (Read 1221 times)

Ledd

• Getbig III
Another ? about creatine mono...
« on: January 08, 2006, 11:51:26 AM »
Well I've been taking monohydrate for a week now.  Just want to say thanks to those who suggested using unflavored mono with grape juice.  This is by far the best way I've ever had creatine.  I dont know how the effects will be, I have none yet, but it is by far the most tolerable by way of taste and texture.

My questions are:
1)Is 5grams enough per day?  I am not doing a loading phase.

2)The instructions say "One heaping tea spoon per 8oz juice", what classifies as "heaping"?  I use a measuring spoon but my scale is off I think and it doesnt show anywhere near 5g per teaspoon.  I just want to make sure I am not jipping myself on creatine, or getting too much either.  I have probably a quarter inch "heap" outside of the bowl of the spoon, do you think thats a good amount?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: Another ? about creatine mono...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 12:29:55 PM »
5 grams per day is enough, take it after you train, if you have a bodypart or exercise you're trying to improve take it before training that bodypart with some simple carbs, the heaping teaspoon means that the creatine should form a mini mountain on the spoon.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Another ? about creatine mono...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 11:26:37 PM »
Yes, 5-10 grams/day is all you need for maintenance.  The loading phase is really unnecessary and a waste of money.  The only advantage to loading is that the muscle cells will get saturated faster with the creatine.  But even without loading, saturation will take effect in about 3-4 weeks anyway.