Author Topic: IAC PR exec fired over offensive AIDS tweet  (Read 5157 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
IAC PR exec fired over offensive AIDS tweet
« on: December 22, 2013, 11:03:12 PM »
IAC PR exec fired over offensive AIDS tweet

By HADAS GOLD |
12/22/13 2:51 PM EST

A public relations executive for Daily Beast owner IAC has been fired over an offensive tweet.

Justine Sacco, chief communications director at the company was boarding a flight to South Africa on Friday when she tweeted out to her 500 or so followers "‘Going to Africa. Hope I don't get AIDS. Just kidding. I'm white!’

The tweet quickly went viral and became an embarrassment for IAC, all while Sacco was out of contact while on her flight. Sacco's previous tweets, including one about people with autism, revealed more comments not exactly befitting a PR professional.

IAC quickly distanced themselves from Sacco's tweet, calling it "outrageous, offensive" while Sacco was still in the air. On Saturday, IAC announced they had "parted ways" with Sacco.

"The offensive comment does not reflect the views and values of IAC. We take this issue very seriously, and we have parted ways with the employee in question," an IAC spokesman said in a statement."There is no excuse for the hateful statements that have been made and we condemn them unequivocally."

"We hope, however, that time and action, and the forgiving human spirit, will not result in the wholesale condemnation of an individual who we have otherwise known to be a decent person at core."

In a statement to CNN, Sacco apologized for "being insensitive to this crisis" and added that she is "ashamed."

"I am very sorry for the pain I caused," she wrote.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/12/iac-pr-executive-fired-over-offensive-aids-tweet-180121.html

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: IAC PR exec fired over offensive AIDS tweet
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 11:06:07 PM »
 ::) it was a funny comment. Huge overreaction.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:07:14 PM »
::) it was a funny comment. Huge overreaction.

It wasn't funny.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 11:10:46 PM »
It wasn't funny.

Did you find it painful though, are you highly offended? Was such outrage warranted?

Most of the outrage directed at her probably came from despicable WHITE American liberals.

I realize it's ironic that a PR executive would do something so dumb... lol

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 11:13:24 PM »
Did you find it painful though, are you highly offended? Did she deserve to lose her job over it?

Most of the outrage directed at her probably came from despicable WHITE American liberals.

I realize it's ironic that a PR executive would do something so dumb... lol

You're a Public Relations exec for a large company whose owner owns other companies? Yeah, you're fired. This isn't 1990s Western Civ. Things are different now, and you people are beginning to understand this.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 11:20:44 PM »
You're a Public Relations exec for a large company whose owner owns other companies? Yeah, you're fired. This isn't 1990s Western Civ. Things are different now, and you people are beginning to understand this.

I understand that, they had no choice. What I mean to ask is do you think the outrage was warranted?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 11:24:20 PM »
I understand that, they had no choice. What I mean to ask is do you think the outrage was warranted?

Yes. there are consequences to using social media as a sounding board. She's learning this.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 11:28:03 PM »
Yes. there are consequences to using social media as a sounding board. She's learning this.

Were you personally offended by her comment?

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 11:29:38 PM »
I can see why and agree with it. But your full of shit wiggs that doesnt offend anyone, if it does your addy too  sensitive.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 11:34:08 PM »
I can see why and agree with it. But your full of shit wiggs that doesnt offend anyone, if it does your addy too  sensitive.

No, I'm not full of shit. It offended me. And I'm sure it offended many others white included. Anytime you pricks feel your rights have been trampled the other person is too sensitive or you were just joking. Sooner or later you morons will learn.

It offended me that she's making jokes about AIDS more than any black or white thing.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2013, 11:40:41 PM »
No, I'm not full of shit. It offended me. And I'm sure it offended many others white included. Anytime you pricks feel your rights have been trampled the other person is too sensitive or you were just joking. Sooner or later you morons will learn.

It offended me that she's making jokes about AIDS more than any black or white thing.

You've made dozens of comments online that could potentially jeopardize your employment and cause pain and outrage...  :-\

Thankfully you haven't been singled out the way this lady was. We read your crazy ass, offensive posts, and brush them off like any decent person should.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 11:45:15 PM »
You've made dozens of comments online that could potentially jeopardize your employment and cause pain and outrage...  :-\

Thankfully you haven't been singled out the way this lady was. We read your crazy ass, offensive posts, and brush them off like any decent person should.

Lol exactly, one of the most hypocritical comments Ive read on here.

BTW Roger, what was your name before this?I can't keep up with these name changes.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2013, 11:47:28 PM »
It wasn't funny.

It was too you fucking Hebrew!  Any intelligent person can see it wasn't intended as hurtful but more as a social commentary on the racial divide of the aids epidemic. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 11:47:40 PM »

Thankfully you haven't been singled out the way this lady was. We just read your crazy ass, offensive posts, and brush them off like any decent person should.

I'm on a website catered to this behavior. You don't hear me making jokes about white people being genetically inferior, or mutants or other shit I know that would hurt. I've said stuff people can perceive as being insane but I'm not in the business of making jokes about peoples race and misfortunes. The bitch got what she deserved.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 11:50:04 PM »
I'm on a website catered to this behavior. You don't hear me making jokes about white people being genetically inferior, or mutants or other shit I know that would hurt. I've said stuff people can perceive as being insane but I'm not in the business of making jokes about peoples race and misfortunes. The bitch got what she deserved.

Want me to go through your post history and quote all the posts that would cause outrage if said by a public figure?Rons server would crash.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2013, 11:51:32 PM »
It was too you fucking Hebrew!  Any intelligent person can see it wasn't intended as hurtful but more as a social commentary on the racial divide of the aids epidemic. 

I guess that would depend who are. Though she may not intended it to be hurtful, I don't feel intent should be the only reason someone is disciplined.

You can put whatever spin you want on it. The fact is you people are under a microscope for everything you say. You will learn the easy way or the hard way.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2013, 11:52:51 PM »
Want me to go through your post history and quote all the posts that would cause outrage if said by a public figure?Rons server would crash.

You quoted my post but did you even read it? 

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2013, 11:55:16 PM »
You quoted my post but did you even read it?  

Twitter is full of rants like that woman's, she just happened to be a pr exec.Ive seen lots of harsh shit on there.

This would get Hilary Clinton elected

Tay-Tay is turning into a tranny? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO L!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2013, 11:56:13 PM »
Twitter is full of rants like that woman's, she just happened to be a pr exec.Ive seen lots of harsh shit on there.

This would get Hilary Clinton elected

Tay-Tay is not turning into a tranny. What's your point? There are pros and cons to being in certain positions. She's learning the cons of what you can't do if you're an exec.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2013, 11:57:25 PM »
Insulted every homosexual man on the planet

I swear to God he always poses to the gayest music.  I thought Australians were supposed to be tough manly men. :-X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 11:58:53 PM »
Insulted every disabled person on the planet

what gives?  Two retard pics in a day? ???

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »
Insulted every homosexual man on the planet

Really bro? 2006 almost 8 years ago? Try harder. In addition, the homo shit wont work with me. It's a disgusting despicable mental condition. (How's that for political correctness?)  

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 12:07:20 AM »
Really bro? 2006 almost 8 years ago? Try harder. In addition, the homo shit wont work with me. It's a disgusting despicable mental condition. (How's that for politically correctness?)

This real Hebrew doth protest too much, methinks...

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »
The majority of blacks in africa have aids, stop getting offended over facts

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 12:29:29 AM »