Author Topic: Are steroids worth taking if used in moderation?  (Read 7859 times)

M1

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Are steroids worth taking if used in moderation?
« on: January 08, 2006, 11:57:12 AM »
what do yous think? are they worth taking or like safe enough if used in moderation? 

Beyond Genetics

Re: Are worth taking if used in moderation?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 12:13:01 PM »
what do yous think? are they worth taking or like safe enough if used in moderation? 

Am I missing something?

M1

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: Are worth taking if used in moderation?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 12:33:03 PM »
yeah, an answer to my question  ;D

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Are steroids worth taking if used in moderation?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 12:51:44 PM »

Stop for just one minute and think about what you are asking. You just raised a question to a group of guys who obviously use gear and like it...I mean come on, just read a few of the threads on this board, it's not to hard to figure out that most of us here think it's worth it. With that in mind, reading the already posted threads on this board would be a good idea. You will get a good feel of what most of the guys on here think about the amount of gear that should or that they recommend taking. As far as moderation, most of the guys who post here regularly don't advise steroid miss-use or irresponsible doses. Now what is considered "moderat" might vary little bit from one guy to another, but you will find that there is a pretty consistant base approach here. Read up, and you'll be able to better answer your own questions.

ERIN GO BRAGH

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 12:53:32 PM »
Moderation is the key to everything in life!
Play time is over kids!

sportingsteroids

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 03:04:19 PM »

i think it is  only your decision !
w

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 07:59:58 PM »
I think they are worth more when taken in abundance.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 08:07:51 PM »
I think they are worth more when taken in abundance.

Opinions vary.   ;D

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 03:47:58 PM »
i feel if i dont over do gear, taking proper lenghts post cycle, and try nothing too crazy, yeah, it is worth taking in my opinion.

muscle
muscle

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 04:20:45 AM »
Stop for just one minute and think about what you are asking. You just raised a question to a group of guys who obviously use gear and like it...I mean come on, just read a few of the threads on this board, it's not to hard to figure out that most of us here think it's worth it. With that in mind, reading the already posted threads on this board would be a good idea. You will get a good feel of what most of the guys on here think about the amount of gear that should or that they recommend taking. As far as moderation, most of the guys who post here regularly don't advise steroid miss-use or irresponsible doses. Now what is considered "moderat" might vary little bit from one guy to another, but you will find that there is a pretty consistant base approach here. Read up, and you'll be able to better answer your own questions.

Very nice response to that arnie!

In the end, what is "safe" or "worth it" may only be known on the day of our last breaths...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 04:59:15 AM »
In the end, what is "safe" or "worth it" may only be known on the day of our last breaths...

^True.

Each man chooses his own destiny.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 03:09:23 PM »

Very true.

This is something I have often thought about, there may come a day when the decisions I have made are what cause me to breath my last breath, possably even before it should occur. But even so I like my odds.

Even though some of my habits would be questioned by the general public, in terms as to what is healthy and generally safe, I still feel that my decisions are better placed then that of the majority...but it's true, only time will truly tell, and as for that I guess that is all in God's hands, not mine or anyone else's.

Funny story, a few months ago a very close friend, someone I've known most of my life confronted me about AAS use. I told him the truth, yeah, I use them. He didn't bust my balls, but he was concerned and he questioned my decisions to use them. What's funny about this, well, maybe not funny, it's actually sad, is that this guy is a severe alcoholic, he drinks more whiskey in a week then any human should in their entire lives, but that's his decision. Needles to say, me and this old friend don't hang out much anymore, our lives as we have grown up have taken very different paths.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 03:14:02 PM »
Funny story, a few months ago a very close friend, someone I've known most of my life confronted me about AAS use. I told him the truth, yeah, I use them. He didn't bust my balls, but he was concerned and he questioned my decisions to use them. What's funny about this, well, maybe not funny, it's actually sad, is that this guy is a severe alcoholic, he drinks more whiskey in a week then any human should in their entire lives, but that's his decision. Needles to say, me and this old friend don't hang out much anymore, our lives as we have grown up have taken very different paths.

The ironic thing is that you may very well out live your old friend.

Even if you abused the hell out of AAS, I don't see the damage being as great as liver cancer from years of alcoholism.

The society we live in will never accept AAS, while cigarettes and alcohol are readily accepted.

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 03:36:10 PM »
The ironic thing is that you may very well out live your old friend.

Even if you abused the hell out of AAS, I don't see the damage being as great as liver cancer from years of alcoholism.

DIV
Your right, more than likely I will out live him if he continues the path he's on. I confronted him about his problem a couple of years ago, and he just blew up, so I have had to just sit back and hope for the best. It's a shame, he is a really good guy otherwise, he is only 25, has a thriving realestate career, already better off than people who have been at it for 40yrs, but he is absolutely throwing his life away with this crap. Again, I absolutely hate it for him, he is someone I have grown up with, and I know he would be in my corner in any situation where I needed him...but again, if he keeps pushing the envelope with his drinking, he may not be here for long.

The society we live in will never accept AAS, while cigarettes and alcohol are readily accepted.

DIV
Your probably right, society will more than likely never accept AAS. But what do you think it would take for society to change its view on AAS use, or do you believe this is an impossibility?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 04:59:13 PM »
Moderation is the key to everything in life!

u irish of from ireland. what part if so ur name is irish

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 06:19:07 PM »
But what do you think it would take for society to change its view on AAS use, or do you believe this is an impossibility?

I think it's already whitewashed in the media due to the baseball and olympics, so it's impossible at this point.

It's more profitable for the Feds to keep it illegal.

I don't understand it, but that's the way it is.

DIV

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 07:11:16 AM »

i have friends like this. one of my friends swears i've been on gear for years because i'm muscular. i'm really not that big but compared to him i'm large. this guy smokes dope all day everyday and drinks until he literally passes out 7 nights a week. then he tells me what i need to do with my life when i'm "wasting" my time lifting weights and eating loads of food...i will never understand this. most of my friends kind of look up to me because i don't get drunk all the time and do narcotics. alot of friends ask me how training is going and what my goals are, these guys understand me.

i truely think AAS get a bad rap because alot of idiots abuse them like the true life MTV show last night, notice how none of those guys even mentioned PCT. then people who know nothing about AAS judge them by that stupid show.

8)

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 08:34:07 PM »

It depends. Think about it this way: you already ARE on steroids, only that you're on 35-50 mg of T a week. When you were in middle and high school, this amount was enough to deepen your voice, give you facial hair and an increase in the size and squareness of your jaw-line. It was also enough to give you incredible boners in inappropriate times, such as when looking at the cheer-leaders cheer--or the boys in the locker-room, if you happen to be gay.

If all you care about is maintaining your secondary sexual characteristics, including a muscle mass which is larger than a woman's, then your current amount of androgen, produced by your testes, is enough. However, if you want a muscle mass which is much larger than the average man's, then you need to dramatically increase your levels of anabolic hormones--AAS and/or GH andinsulin. Why? Because weight training can only cause muscular hypertrophy within the limits established, by your physiology, for protein synthesis. There was never an evolutionary reason, for a man, to carry 100 lbs more of muscle than what is normal for Human Males. Therefore, genes that would code for a degree of protein synthesis high enough, to allow for the production of this much muscle tissue, were never selected for. Larger muscles increase your basal metabolism. In a world where food was scarce, this could mean death. It is also the reason why, when faced with a caloric deprivation, a person's muscles are the first thing to go. Muscles HATE growing, and there is only so much that challenging gravity can do to force them to do it.

This is why I laugh when they say, that the extreme muscularity of pro bodybuilders, is due to great genes. This is absurd and non-sensical, because no such genes, which would allow a 5'10 man to weight 300 lbs with single-digit bodyfat, could ever have been selected for. The flow and tapper of muscles, characteristic of the professional bodybuilder, ARE genetically mediated traits. However, their VOLUME is the result of massive alterations of their bodies' biochemistries, not the result of any gene or hard work. So, in answering your question, M1, what is it that you want? To become big and ripped? Well, I think your own testosterone and hard training can get you there. Now, if what you want is to pack dozens upon dozens of pounds of lean body mass, like a calf growing into a bull, then you'll have to make your physio-chemistry similar to that of a growing calf, and the only way to do that, as I mentioned, if through the consumption of massive doses of exogenous anabolic hormones. There is no other way. It is as simple as that. Regards. :) ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 09:00:18 AM »
 It depends. Think about it this way: you already ARE on steroids, only that you're on 35-50 mg of T a week. When you were in middle and high school, this amount was enough to deepen your voice, give you facial hair and an increase in the size and squareness of your jaw-line. It was also enough to give you incredible boners in inappropriate times, such as when looking at the cheer-leaders cheer--or the boys in the locker-room, if you happen to be gay.

If all you care about is maintaining your secondary sexual characteristics, including a muscle mass which is larger than a woman's, then your current amount of androgen, produced by your testes, is enough. However, if you want a muscle mass which is much larger than the average man's, then you need to dramatically increase your levels of anabolic hormones--AAS and/or GH andinsulin. Why? Because weight training can only cause muscular hypertrophy within the limits established, by your physiology, for protein synthesis. There was never an evolutionary reason, for a man, to carry 100 lbs more of muscle than what is normal for Human Males. Therefore, genes that would code for a degree of protein synthesis high enough, to allow for the production of this much muscle tissue, were never selected for. Larger muscles increase your basal metabolism. In a world where food was scarce, this could mean death. It is also the reason why, when faced with a caloric deprivation, a person's muscles are the first thing to go. Muscles HATE growing, and there is only so much that challenging gravity can do to force them to do it.

This is why I laugh when they say, that the extreme muscularity of pro bodybuilders, is due to great genes. This is absurd and non-sensical, because no such genes, which would allow a 5'10 man to weight 300 lbs with single-digit bodyfat, could ever have been selected for. The flow and tapper of muscles, characteristic of the professional bodybuilder, ARE genetically mediated traits. However, their VOLUME is the result of massive alterations of their bodies' biochemistries, not the result of any gene or hard work. So, in answering your question, M1, what is it that you want? To become big and ripped? Well, I think your own testosterone and hard training can get you there. Now, if what you want is to pack dozens upon dozens of pounds of lean body mass, like a calf growing into a bull, then you'll have to make your physio-chemistry similar to that of a growing calf, and the only way to do that, as I mentioned, if through the consumption of massive doses of exogenous anabolic hormones. There is no other way. It is as simple as that. Regards. :) ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Very good post . . . .
1 life 1 liver