Author Topic: Number of Suicides Surpasses fatalities from Car Accidents in America  (Read 7679 times)

HandsomeMOFO

Re: Number of Suicides Surpasses fatalities from Car Accidents in America
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 05:54:56 AM »
So if the vast majority of society are religious and society has no moral standards, what does that say about religion?  Kind of seems religion leads people to have no moral standards.

What are you smokin dude?  The vast majority of people in the USA are not religious at all.   Just look at the posters on this board.  We are a society of hedonists.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 06:05:50 AM »
What are you smokin dude?  The vast majority of people in the USA are not religious at all.   Just look at the posters on this board.  We are a society of hedonists.
I think you might find that Getbig probably isn't a large enough sample size to accurately asses the Religious affiliation of a large first world country.  Most studies suggest 70%-80% of the US population identifies as Christian.  I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone who would label the US as godless or an atheist country.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 06:09:30 AM »
What are you smokin dude?  The vast majority of people in the USA are not religious at all.   Just look at the posters on this board.  We are a society of hedonists.
Religious people are notorious for being hypocrites, that's why you are a nation of hedonists.  Also a nation of warmongers, thieves and adulterers, usually committed by someone of faith.  Just look at the Catholic Church, hoarders of wealth and finery.  One of the richest organisations in the world and yet they preach modesty and frugality and to shun wealth.  Religion is poison, always has been, always will be.

V

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 06:20:52 AM »
These findings are good news.  This means that cars are finally getting safer.   :D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 08:35:37 AM »
and you are making an assumption that it's not - where is the difference?

Mine is based in scientific fact. 

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/Mobile/article.aspx?articleID=177228

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »
Mine is based in scientific fact.  

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/Mobile/article.aspx?articleID=177228
Oh Brother, only the religious Nutters would conduct such a study to be used as propaganda for religion.  What does this study prove, how repressed, hypocritical and full of lies religious people are.  Not only that, this was not a sample of the population at large.  The starting group is a small sub set of very depressed people. Additionally, this is not a blind study (forget double blind).

I also could not find in the study how they decided who did or did not have a “religious affiliation”.  The study itself admits as much, "This study has some limitations. For example, it did not assess religious upbringing, religious practice, or the level of personal devotion.  You think it would be worthwhile when trying to determine if someone is an atheist or not whether they follow any religious practise or personal worship of a deity don't you think.  The study did also acknowledge that religious people were likely to under-report suicidal ideations due to the religous taboo on the matter, in other words religious people will lie when it suits them.  And after all the studies semantic bullshit and vague innuendo, what did they discover, that hopelessness and depression scores were similar in the religious and nonreligious group.  What a surprise, a bunch of clinically depressed individuals all score similarly when quizzed on their levels hopelessness and depression <--- Their all clinically depressed you morons

And of course if you ask a religious person about suicidal ideation they will lie knowing suicide is a sin or they may not even be consciously aware of such ideations, as their religious indoctrination has drummed it into them how much of a sin it is and any such thoughts get stored out of conscious awareness.  The study was also based on self reporting, and we all know what chronic liars religious people are when admitting to being sinners.

I literally vomited reading that study, it literally is a blatant attempt to promote religion, it has zero to do with any facts based on reality.  This is so typical of what religious people do, they make stuff up and then they find devious ways to add credibility to their nonsense.  The whole study was like, it is commonly accepted that religious people are less aggressive, and yes, that's what we determined also, it is commonly believed that atheists are the devil in disguise, and that's what our study concluded also.  

The study is just littered with logical fallacies just as religion is.  This is the problem such studies are being done by deluded and incredibly biased individuals with a vested interest in the outcome.  The people who produced this study could just as easily present a study claiming that God did actually create the Universe in a week.  Anybody who can't see through this study is likely to be religious.

And none of this study actually researches the religious affiliation of those who have successfully committed suicide, only the supposed religious affiliation of clinically depressed people who may or may not have had suicidal thoughts or attempts.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2013, 09:27:37 AM »
Atheists More Motivated by Compassion than the Faithful new study finds
http://www.livescience.com/20005-atheists-motivated-compassion.html
V

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2013, 09:43:18 AM »
BAN SUICIDE !

That will just increase the demand...

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2013, 09:45:06 AM »
Atheists More Motivated by Compassion than the Faithful new study finds
http://www.livescience.com/20005-atheists-motivated-compassion.html

Uh oh, Say it ain`t so...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2013, 09:45:12 AM »
It is because of "no standards" that the west is collapsing.  No moral standards. 

With cultural Marxism expanding across the globe, the numbers are only going to rise...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2013, 09:52:58 AM »
Oh Brother, only the religious Nutters would conduct such a study to be used as propaganda for religion.  What does this study prove, how repressed, hypocritical and full of lies religious people are.  Not only that, this was not a sample of the population at large.  The starting group is a small sub set of very depressed people. Additionally, this is not a blind study (forget double blind).

I also could not find in the study how they decided who did or did not have a “religious affiliation”.  The study itself admits as much, "This study has some limitations. For example, it did not assess religious upbringing, religious practice, or the level of personal devotion.  You think it would be worthwhile when trying to determine if someone is an atheist or not whether they follow any religious practise or personal worship of a deity don't you think.  The study did also acknowledge that religious people were likely to under-report suicidal ideations due to the religous taboo on the matter, in other words religious people will lie when it suits them.  And after all the studies semantic bullshit and vague innuendo, what did they discover, that hopelessness and depression scores were similar in the religious and nonreligious group.  What a surprise, a bunch of clinically depressed individuals all score similarly when quizzed on their levels hopelessness and depression <--- Their all clinically depressed you morons

And of course if you ask a religious person about suicidal ideation they will lie knowing suicide is a sin or they may not even be consciously aware of such ideations, as their religious indoctrination has drummed it into them how much of a sin it is and any such thoughts get stored out of conscious awareness.  The study was also based on self reporting, and we all know what chronic liars religious people are when admitting to being sinners.

I literally vomited reading that study, it literally is a blatant attempt to promote religion, it has zero to do with any facts based on reality.  This is so typical of what religious people do, they make stuff up and then they find devious ways to add credibility to their nonsense.  The whole study was like, it is commonly accepted that religious people are less aggressive, and yes, that's what we determined also, it is commonly believed that atheists are the devil in disguise, and that's what our study concluded also.  

The study is just littered with logical fallacies just as religion is.  This is the problem such studies are being done by deluded and incredibly biased individuals with a vested interest in the outcome.  The people who produced this study could just as easily present a study claiming that God did actually create the Universe in a week.  Anybody who can't see through this study is likely to be religious.

And none of this study actually researches the religious affiliation of those who have successfully committed suicide, only the supposed religious affiliation of clinically depressed people who may or may not have had suicidal thoughts or attempts.

Yeah, I'll take ole E-Kul's word over an actual peer reviewed published research paper in the American Journal of Psychiatry.  I'm sure all those PhD's just want to promote religion.   ::)

You can blather on for 18 paragraphs if you want but I provided scientific research to back-up my contention from a VERY well respected source.  Unless you can do the same, dont bother responding.  Your argument is purely emotional and reeks of a guy with an ax to grind against religion. Simple as that. 

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2013, 10:01:40 AM »

Highest number of suicides, number 1 country in the  drug abuse.

Hmmmmmmmmm... if life is so good in Murica... why so many suicides and why so drug addicts?
Gracie Rules

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2013, 10:06:46 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmm... if life is so good in Murica... why so many suicides and why so drug addicts?

Because we can actually afford drugs and we have the steel balls to finish what we start with suicide.  Whatever 3rd rate dump you are from is so irrelevant that nobody bothers to keep statistics on it. 

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2013, 10:11:01 AM »
Because Obama is doing his best to destroy America.
You better believe if Bush was still president the Liberal pussies in the media would be throwing this stat up on the evening news every night and trying to blame Bush for it.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2013, 10:12:07 AM »
Stop acting so butthurt. ::) You are not helping whatever beliefs you are trying to promote by being so bitter.

You judge an ideology, any ideology, by its PRINCIPLES, not its adherents.
The whole religious debate started because some religious moron attributed the skyrocketing suicide rate to religion, as if religion is some force for good.

And you don't judge an ideology on it's principles, but how well it lives up to them.  Nobody cares about what religious people hope to do, it's what they have done that matters.  And religion has wreaked some pretty serious havoc across humanity, and no amount of principles is going to change that.

And have you not seen some of the principles of religion, I do judge it on it's perverse principles.  Religion has perverse commandments like 'Honor thy Mother and father' backed up by the biblical endorsements to beat children with rods and any manner of perverse child rearing practices which has led to serious dysfunction in societies worldwide.  Abused children are expected to be grateful to the adults they depend on for abusing them.  A more perverse principle you won't find.  Then there's the bizarre principle condemning thought crimes such as 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.' when coveting something someone else has got is a primary motivator to find ways to achieve similar outcomes for oneself. To dictate that one cannot even think of something is a totalitarian ideal.

And what about the verses of the Bible that actually recommend enslavement, mutilation, stoning, and mass murder of civilians? And there are many more than 10 commandments in the Old Testament, and I live for the day when Americans are obliged to observe all of them, including the ox-goring and witch-burning ones

And it makes you wonder about a god that creates you sick (a sinner) and then commands you to be well with threat of eternal damnation if you don't.  Such a god is beyond sick, I mean you have to wonder what evil is like if this is truly what GOD is all about.

You would think that any principles worth their salt would condemn child fucking, genocide, war, rape, slavery, gender inequality etc etc.. but strangely the bible, the basis of religion doesn't mention anything about that.
V

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2013, 10:12:52 AM »
Because Obama is doing his best to destroy America.
You better believe if Bush was still president the Liberal pussies in the media would be throwing this stat up on the evening news every night and trying to blame Bush for it.

Andolutely.  Did you see the latest poll on Obamacare?  Lol. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2013, 10:14:06 AM »

Kind of odd that, because America is considered a religious country, and supposedly religious people don't kill themselves, it's all atheists.
V

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2013, 10:15:22 AM »
Andolutely.  Did you see the latest poll on Obamacare?  Lol. 

I didn't, but I did see he has the lowest Presidential approval rating since Nixon in the midst of Watergate.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2013, 10:27:26 AM »
I didn't, but I did see he has the lowest Presidential approval rating since Nixon in the midst of Watergate.

The "support" for it has dwindled dramatically.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2013, 10:28:28 AM »
Because we can actually afford drugs and we have the steel balls to finish what we start with suicide.  Whatever 3rd rate dump you are from is so irrelevant that nobody bothers to keep statistics on it. 

No bad.. huh?

Funny thing is, you will only have such view by taking drugs. lol

Gracie on the other hand....
Gracie Rules

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2013, 10:54:13 AM »
He was sixteen at the time, and it wasn't his anti-religious stance that caused him to want to kill himself, he was being held hostage by some religious nutjobs.  He was simply able to work out early on religious indoctrination was child abuse, and by the time he was a teen he had enough.  He left home shortly after that, became a qualified electrician, made some good money, started a family and as far as I know he is doing good, but he now has nothing to do with his religious nutjob family.  I have a healthy sense of self preservation, yet force me to co-cohabitate with some religious zealots and I don't know how long it would be before hellfire and brimstone looked the more attractive option.

I am grateful to my parents I escaped a mind numbing, mind limiting, brain cell destroying religious indoctrinated childhood.
I believe you have a skewed view of reality...
That so called religious indoctrination is "child abuse"...you've said this a lot.
So going to church is child abuse, or having a child learn scriptures. And being held hostage? Come on, you use these extreme terms...it's either the extremes with you. No middle ground.
If a teen is living at home, and his folks are religious, and he is rebellious, one may find themselves to at odds with their folks convictions.

Now, were the cops called? And if they were what did he say to them? That he was forced to pray? To respect father and mother? What was the so called child abuse?
Unless they were being physically abusive to him---leaving marks, I see no child abuse.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2013, 10:57:04 AM »

With cultural Marxism expanding across the globe, the numbers are only going to rise...

cultural Marxism. What are you talking about?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2013, 11:02:58 AM »
Kind of odd that, because America is considered a religious country, and supposedly religious people don't kill themselves, it's all atheists.
In name only...maybe "religious freedom" but that is quickly being a misnomer now. The only constant religions in America are "I-can-do-what-I-wantism", "Greed", "Narcissism", and "I am Offendedism".

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2013, 11:17:13 AM »
the socalled marxism is a historical reply to the feudal times, kinda.

best to have bit social security and unions, if not, many would find themselves cotton picking again :D
n

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2013, 11:24:08 AM »
In name only...maybe "religious freedom" but that is quickly being a misnomer now. The only constant religions in America are "I-can-do-what-I-wantism", "Greed", "Narcissism", and "I am Offendedism".

Good point Parker, sad but true. Interesting how this could happen when the majority of Americans claim to be Christians.