Author Topic: just watched 'Elysium"  (Read 4453 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
just watched 'Elysium"
« on: December 23, 2013, 06:17:24 AM »
Another 'Tarzan" like story.

Tarzan was a white boy who survived a plain crash in the middle of the jungle  raised by apes.... yet he became the king of jungle natives and black had to look for Tarzan  who spoke english/spanish/french  fluent knew hot to drive,pilot etc....(all this while raised by monkeys)  
Biggest act of disrespect to minorites

Elysium Planet earth (USA) becomes a spanish speaking dumpster every human (latinos Asians and blacks) born in earth becomes illegal and the hope of a better life is an outer space place called Elysium  ....

Among the Blacks/latinos in LA you have Matt Damond a white dude that speaks spanish and saves the day ......

LOL

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHH

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: just watched 'Elysium"
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 06:23:13 AM »
Just trying to stir the pot, Hollywood is.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 06:23:50 AM »
JAWS - About a killer great white shark that regularly attacks and kills beachgoers

RAMBO - disenfranchised ex-vet who goes on a one man vigilante spree of violence and destruction.
V

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 07:15:42 AM »
Tracy Takes Paris: Tracy really takes Paris

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 07:39:49 AM »
Just watched it too, it was just one big pro-immigration propagada peice. All the stupid cliches were there. The funny part tho is how they correctly made near-future LA one big latin american ghetto where everyone speaks spanish ;D

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 07:43:57 AM »
Just watched it too, it was just one big pro-immigration propagada peice. All the stupid cliches were there. The funny part tho is how they correctly made near-future LA one big latin american ghetto where everyone speaks spanish ;D

Exactly my point , If the hired a latino to play Matt Damon's role it would have made more sense....

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 08:05:54 AM »
Movie tried to preach way to hard and wound up making no sense. Theybhave those magical insta healing shuttles just sitting there and no one uses them but suddenly when everyone a citizens, theyre going to be dispatched and heal everyone? Cmon. Even the us sends billions in aid around the globe.

plus, now everyone is a citizen of elysium so now itll be just as big of a shithole. How does that nake any sense? Yes, now we can move 1/100000th pf the population to a nice area, and everyone lives like shit! Hallelujah everyone is saved!

Movie was entertaijkng except for thepolitixcal aspect. Dude was obviously an idealogical idiot and didnt thinkbhis point through.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 08:43:22 AM »
Exactly my point , If the hired a latino to play Matt Damon's role it would have made more sense....

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
They felt Edward James Olmos was too old to play the lead.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 08:47:48 AM »

Tarzan was a white boy who survived a plain crash in the middle of the jungle  raised by apes.... yet he became the king of jungle natives and black had to look for Tarzan  who spoke english/spanish/french  fluent knew hot to drive,pilot etc....(all this while raised by monkeys)  

Elysium Planet earth (USA) becomes a spanish speaking dumpster every human (latinos Asians and blacks) born in earth becomes illegal and the hope of a better life is an outer space place called Elysium  ....

Among the Blacks/latinos in LA you have Matt Damond a white dude that speaks spanish and saves the day ......

LOL

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHH
watched 2 guns on sat good movie
p

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 09:05:31 AM »
... now everyone is a citizen of elysium so now itll be just as big of a shithole. How does that nake any sense? Yes, now we can move 1/100000th pf the population to a nice area, and everyone lives like shit! Hallelujah everyone is saved!

Didn't like the movie, and your point above is a big reason why. How is saving all the inhabitants of an overly-populated planet gonna help the situation?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 09:37:52 AM »
Didn't like the movie, and your point above is a big reason why. How is saving all the inhabitants of an overly-populated planet gonna help the situation?

Typical liberal utopian ideology. Every white character other than damon was evil and heartless, and loved oppressing the mexicans on earth (who, ironically, has completely overtaken LA, where it predicably became one giant slum). Also ironically, it was the whites who had developed both the technology and the civilized society, and were 'evil' for not just giving everything to the poor ethnic masses and throwing open their borders to them. And yet another irony, the mexicans were trying everything to smuggle themselves into the prosperous county (elysium) so they could get get free healthcare and take advantage of the great society the white people had built. Of course, once the hordes came into elysium, it too would just become a third world slum.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 09:38:16 AM »
What's funny thing about the movie is the ending is deceptively upbeat.  Realistically the influx of people to Elysium would destroy it.  It would be overrun and people would fight over it, causing many deaths.  More than likely, a despot would arise to control it, ultimately recreating the original problem.  With the technology to cure all disease the population on earth would explode.    It's my opinion the director was aware of this but liberals will see the film as an example of a successful proletariat uprising.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »
What's funny thing about the movie is the ending is deceptively upbeat.  Realistically the influx of people to Elysium would destroy it.  It would be overrun and people would fight over it, causing many deaths.  More than likely, a despot would arise to control it, ultimately recreating the original problem.  With the technology to cure all disease the population on earth would explode.    It's my opinion the director was aware of this but liberals will see the film as an example of a successful proletariat uprising.
right? What is opening the borders going to do for anyone? Now elysium is just going to be another shithole, and instead of at least SOME lucky few living a decent life, now everyone is going to live in poverty. Opening elysium isnt going to raise the rest of earths quality of life, its going to drop down the few lucky ones in line with everyone else.

I guess it's that entitlement complex.... they shouldnt have more than I have, so lets tear them down and make everyone have a shitty life instead of being happy for those few that had the luck/fortune/dedication to rise above.

what really bothered me was that they showed everyone on elysium as heartless, horrible people that had these super 1st aid shuttles capable of healing instantly and at no cost just sitting in the hanger bays being unused... when in reality we send how manu billions of dollars of humanitarian aid to 3rd world countries? We dont let our "shuttles" sit and collect dust, theyre out actively helping....

the movie was a terrible political propaganda piece and it didnt even make any sense. ... yay the borders are open now everyone moves to elysium and its relatively small resources instantly run out and it too becomes an overcrowded shithole filled with corruption, violence, sickness, and death. Yeah, good job Damon, youre sure a hero.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 10:29:49 AM »
right? What is opening the borders going to do for anyone? Now elysium is just going to be another shithole, and instead of at least SOME lucky few living a decent life, now everyone is going to live in poverty. Opening elysium isnt going to raise the rest of earths quality of life, its going to drop down the few lucky ones in line with everyone else.

I guess it's that entitlement complex.... they shouldnt have more than I have, so lets tear them down and make everyone have a shitty life instead of being happy for those few that had the luck/fortune/dedication to rise above.

what really bothered me was that they showed everyone on elysium as heartless, horrible people that had these super 1st aid shuttles capable of healing instantly and at no cost just sitting in the hanger bays being unused... when in reality we send how manu billions of dollars of humanitarian aid to 3rd world countries? We dont let our "shuttles" sit and collect dust, theyre out actively helping....

the movie was a terrible political propaganda piece and it didnt even make any sense. ... yay the borders are open now everyone moves to elysium and its relatively small resources instantly run out and it too becomes an overcrowded shithole filled with corruption, violence, sickness, and death. Yeah, good job Damon, youre sure a hero.

Nothing will get better, only worse.  Elysium is doomed to become Detroit in space.  Without capable people to maintain and run it, Elysium will quickly deteriorate.  If the people left on earth can't even manage themselves, how they ever going to run Elysium?  They won't be able to.  And now, what employment and livelihoods the people left on earth had is gone.
A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
That is what the Left doesn't understand, or more likely refuses to acknowledge.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 01:24:37 PM »
Movies where there is an overt agenda are annoying.  Just fucking entertain us.  Seen several movies recently where there are very obvious liberal agendas...guess its not suprising since it is hollywood.  Just make a good movie for christ sakes, stop trying to recruit.  I don't want the religious right agenda either.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 01:28:26 PM »
watching it now.   i just enjoy sci-fi and cool explosions.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 01:28:38 PM »
 American Hustle was good!

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 01:39:54 PM »
Movies where there is an overt agenda are annoying.  Just fucking entertain us.  Seen several movies recently where there are very obvious liberal agendas...guess its not suprising since it is hollywood.  Just make a good movie for christ sakes, stop trying to recruit.  I don't want the religious right agenda either.

The ironic thing about Elysium is that it disproves the very argument it's trying to make.  I should say, the argument I think it's trying to make about the poor and immigration.   A part of me thinks the actual message is a lot darker and more negative than the audience of the movie assume it be.  I don't know how anyone with a brain can watch the film and come away thinking the good guys won and everything will be great.
A

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 01:56:10 PM »
watching it now.   i just enjoy sci-fi and cool explosions.

splosions.....word

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2013, 02:01:22 PM »
Battle Angel Alita Matt Damon

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2013, 02:46:45 PM »
The ironic thing about Elysium is that it disproves the very argument it's trying to make.  I should say, the argument I think it's trying to make about the poor and immigration.   A part of me thinks the actual message is a lot darker and more negative than the audience of the movie assume it be.  I don't know how anyone with a brain can watch the film and come away thinking the good guys won and everything will be great.
As a sci fi flick, I enjoyed it, as I can tune out the obvious political themes... in that respect it was an enjoyable flick.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2013, 02:55:35 PM »
As a sci fi flick, I enjoyed it, as I can tune out the obvious political themes... in that respect it was an enjoyable flick.

I agree it was a very good sci-fi movie.
Looking forward to Prometheus 2, many did not like the first one but I think it is one of the best sci-fi movies ever made.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2013, 03:03:11 PM »

LOL

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHH

scathing analysis

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2013, 03:18:21 PM »

I agree it was a very good sci-fi movie.
Looking forward to Prometheus 2, many did not like the first one but I think it is one of the best sci-fi movies ever made.

I so wanted to like Prometheus.
A