Author Topic: galeniko etc theory on squats, can someone explain biomechanics behind it?  (Read 8390 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
for i feel it is true what they say but wonder why

when you squat with 100kg you can somehow make it feel like pure quadriceps

when you squat with 140kg or something to the same depth it actually feels like still quads but also hips and back

therefor what is the point of heavy squats for quads

and why is this

Ropo

• Getbig IV
Re: galeniko etc theory on squats, can someone explain biomechanics behind it?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 02:41:49 AM »
for i feel it is true what they say but wonder why

when you squat with 100kg you can somehow make it feel like pure quadriceps

when you squat with 140kg or something to the same depth it actually feels like still quads but also hips and back

therefor what is the point of heavy squats for quads

and why is this

Dear dumb ass fuck, are you really mentally handicapped or something? When you do something like squats, what is your weakest link in that range of motion? Quads, which are able to press thousand pounds in leg press, or hips and back? You have more strength in your legs than you have your back and gluteus, because you don't train them properly. There is old thumb rule about the matter, which says that you must be able to do same reps of good morning with half of your squat weights, than you do squats with full weight. Like 20 reps with 140kg squat = 20 reps of 70kg good mornings. That way you can maintain balance between these muscles, and hips and back isn't the weakest link in your squat. Therefor the point is that if you do it right, squats are best exercise for quads, and if you do it like a moron, it is waste of time.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 02:59:18 AM »
Galeniko does NOT do squats.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 03:00:21 AM »
Muscle recruitment has NOTHING, ZERO to do with what you "feel".

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 03:01:33 AM »
Maybe your form is changes with the heavier weight, or the heavier weight stresses the glutes and lower back to a greater degree,

Like when barbell curling light weight it feels  all biceps, but when the weight gets really heavy you start to cheat and use more lower back.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 03:03:20 AM »
Maybe your form is changes with the heavier weight, or the heavier weight stresses the glutes and lower back to a greater degree,

Like when barbell curling light weight its all biceps, but when the weight gets really heavy you start to cheat and use lower back.

Interesting point.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 03:11:30 AM »
if this is true then the "mind muscle connection" is BS?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 03:20:40 AM »
if this is true then the "mind muscle connection" is BS?

Yes, it is. Your mind sends neural signals to the muscle all the same regardless of what your desire is. Your feelings may be an indicator of something but if your form remains the same then well, it doesn't matter what you feel.

When it comes to form your #1 priority should be joint safety.

- hip back, then knees
 - torso straight
 - deep but no bouncing at the bottom

Perfect squats.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 04:57:07 AM »
Limb lenght in proportion to spinal cord lenght also play a big roll in the tecnique execution.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 06:12:22 AM »

Perfect squats.

Perfekt form...

Ed Coen have ugly ass squats...but the world strongest...so. What is perfekt form?

What does perfekt form lead to? Bigger muscles -  NO. Less inguries - NO. Look good - YES.....so waht is perfekt form anbd what does it do? Straigt back need more quad power. Bent back need more back and ass power. Strong and thick quads lock better than big ass and back, so I guess u should be trying to keep your back stright!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 06:15:54 AM »
Yes, it is. Your mind sends neural signals to the muscle all the same regardless of what your desire is. Your feelings may be an indicator of something but if your form remains the same then well, it doesn't matter what you feel.

When it comes to form your #1 priority should be joint safety.

- hip back, then knees
 - torso straight
 - deep but no bouncing at the bottom

Perfect squats.
world class weightlifters generally have better skeleton for squats

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 06:24:37 AM »
What would thw Ronni Coleama training protocollookl like.
Quads- size+raw power
$

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 06:30:14 AM »
What would thw Ronni Coleama training protocollookl like.
Quads- size+raw power
well if he's a cuban (i think yes?)

then cuban champions train twice a day on monday wednesday friday, and once a day tuesday thursday saturday

sunday off

total of 9 times a week

more details in the weightlifting encyclopedia of arthur dresler

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 06:30:21 AM »

Yeah, give Kai some advice on how to "recruite" muscle properly

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 06:31:43 AM »
Yeah, give Kai some advice on how to "recruite" muscle properly

kai greene talks and talks and talks

but his actual training is good old lifting heavy ass weights

kohl

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 06:38:03 AM »
Once and for all: squat is a basic for bodybuilding, which means that you need to learn to squat in the beginning of your bodybuilding carreer, when you are more focused on power-bodybuilding.

Learn optimal form (perfect form sometimes can't be achieved due to specific built) and go as heavy as possible for at least 8 reps (you're still not a powerlifter).

Once you maxed out on that, you're ready to start juicing. Once you start juicing, squat little by little will move towards the end of your workout, finally to disappear. An advanced bodybuilder stimulates his quads with hack squats. Heavy juicing + heavy squats = big obliques and glutes.

And yeah, Ronnie used to squat real heavy in the beginning of his carreer when power-bodybuilding, and with fake weights for photoshoots later in his carreer.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 07:21:48 AM »
Anabolichalo, I like you for the pure comedy you bring to these forums BUT

you represent the reason why bodybuilders have a bad rep. Juicing up before even knowing how to train. I'm not saying tap out your natural genetic potential (the older I get the more I think this is a line of pure BS), but FFS learn how to train/diet first.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 08:00:35 AM »

Erm no.  Neural drive is something that can be trained (therefore "all the same regardless of desire" is way off base) and the the better high threshold motor unit recruitment the more fibers get involved leading to better hypertrophy. 

And of course you "feel it" more. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2013, 08:20:22 AM »
Your feelings may be an indicator of something but if your form remains the same then well, it doesn't matter what you feel.

Yup

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2013, 08:22:04 AM »
I trained fairly regularly with an IFBB pro (he competed in the Olympia in the late '90s), and while he was not known for his legs they were pretty amazing IMO (no homo).

He would squat twice a week and do about five working sets. His form was absolutely perfect. He would slowly squat all the way to the bottom, and then slowly come back up to just before lockout. He never did less than 15-20 reps per set and sometimes he would do double that, always with perfect form. As far as weight, I honestly cannot remember him doing so much as two plates (225). From what I recall, he would max out at something like 185 pounds. After squats he would go on and do leg extensions, hacks, etc., also with perfect form and relatively light weight.

Biomechanically, he was short with short limbs so he had the ideal physique for squatting but he spent a ton of time stretching his thighs and hams and could easily touch the floor with the palms of his hands while keeping his knees locked. I was in school at the time but he had the luxury of training full time and would get to the gym at least 45 minutes before me just to stretch.

How much did he grow during this period?

Most bodybuilders are maintaining 95% of the time.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2013, 09:06:50 AM »
careful, abolhalo has been olympic style lifter, he knows pretty well what and how :D

van b: my legs ,quads,grew better with the exact style cholo4life has desribed than with heavy squats.

i do not see how squats are any superior in building quads than curls are.

some have good build for heay squats ,most will gain only injuries long term from that.

ofc using 2 plates in the way cholo describes will give better gains thn using 1 plate.

we have powerlifters in the gym who i seen sqaut 7oolbs, piss poor legs, mine look a million times better, then we have some ppl who barely squat and they have pro cards,or on the way to earn one.

i remember myself wonderin about it years ago how can that kind of trining give them such legs, but theres a consistent pattern
n

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2013, 09:20:35 AM »

Of course not..http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBFullSquat.html.. Still, beside the quads, you use tons of weaker muscles to do the squat, so it matters. Stupid fucks tends to go around this fact by using all kind of lifting belts etc. crap, but if your mid section has strength, you will not need them.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2013, 09:26:09 AM »
Of course not..http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBFullSquat.html.. Still, beside the quads, you use tons of weaker muscles to do the squat, so it matters. Stupid fucks tends to go around this fact by using all kind of lifting belts etc. crap, but if your mid section has strength, you will not need them.
this cant be argues. a strong mid section will also have maxed out oblique muscles, they have great amount of receptors for meany, esp on steroids.

this is the one reason why i refuse to do heavy squats.

well that, and they not needed for my kind of development, which isnt going to win the mr o, but is better than some nat competitors here.
its a fair enough deal to me :D
n

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2013, 09:27:08 AM »

Like when barbell curling light weight it feels  all biceps, but when the weight gets really heavy you start to cheat and use more lower back.

Yes good point

I just do walking lunges and SLDL these days.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2013, 09:31:23 AM »
Anabolichalo, I like you for the pure comedy you bring to these forums BUT

you represent the reason why bodybuilders have a bad rep. Juicing up before even knowing how to train. I'm not saying tap out your natural genetic potential (the older I get the more I think this is a line of pure BS), but FFS learn how to train/diet first.

hey hey.

there was a huge trap in this thread with the warning label" careful huge trap" and you walked right into it nonetheless.

ahalo been olyimpic lifting for very long, has very very good legs, knows his squats, and trained naturaly for years and years before going on mere trt kinda cycle.

he also knows full well how to diet, have you seen the pics?hes very much lean.

@hulkotron, yeah the post you quated points it out perfectly
n