Author Topic: Slavery in Hollywood  (Read 4114 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: Slavery in Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 01:07:02 PM »
been a few slavery cases in england just lately

The Missouri Surprise

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
make it legal and end the lawlessness

same argument the potheads use

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »
long article... but very good read...

The Idol

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 07:38:30 PM »
long article... but very good read...
That's just wonderful.  You can go away now.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »
I feel like a slave every single time i get my paycheck.   >:( :'(   
FICA, social security, medicare, etc etc etc etc.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 08:40:19 PM »
Thats because we are.
Work so the machine can take that money and keep turning, and giving it to those that don't work, in order to buy votes to keep the machine turning....

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 08:44:04 PM »
Thats because we are.
Work so the machine can take that money and keep turning, and giving it to those that don't work, in order to buy votes to keep the machine turning....

Right.  But what libs don't get or don't care to understand is that you can only take 100% from someones income.  Math limits them to that ceiling.  Most working people will say fuck it and just stop working at some point and then who do you tax?  I honestly believe that is what their goal is.  Cloward-Piven at its worst.  Complete collapse and then institute a totalitarian regime.  Scary but true. 

HandsomeMOFO

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 11:09:47 PM »

You are a slave.  You work to house and feed the non workers.  They know you will do this - they have your number.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 11:14:02 PM »
Why was Missouri suprise put in time out?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 11:20:24 PM »
Dumb article Arce

Hollywood does what's good for Hollywood. If they're not making enough black movies it's because it's not a good money maker, or people aren't interested. I don't think Hollywood owes any race anything.

If Hollywood isn't interested in financing these films, maybe some of the millions of mega rich black Americans can?

I thought Black people were actually over represented in Hollywood?

???

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 12:29:42 AM »
Dumb article Arce

Hollywood does what's good for Hollywood. If they're not making enough black movies it's because it's not a good money maker, or people aren't interested. I don't think Hollywood owes any race anything.

If Hollywood isn't interested in financing these films, maybe some of the millions of mega rich black Americans can?

I thought Black people were actually over represented in Hollywood?

???

Let Will smith, get a ensemble black cast and make a "expendables" it wont work, not even blacks with go for it.
 I have seen a few all black cast movies and they are fucken terrible. I like Kevin hart and watched a movie he was in "Think like a man" and it was fucken horrible.

I agree, no one owes any race anything, if I like the actor/trailer/storyline I watch, im not going to watch fucken Red tails cause George lucas funded it cause the studio knew it was going to flop cause of a all black cast, even Samuel L. Jackson threw the script away, and told lucas this is bullshit.

All I know is, if a movie has chris brown, ja rule, any rapper, or wannabe stand up comic, its going to tank and deservedly so. I say Yes to Bad Boys, no to Red tails.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2013, 06:45:39 PM »
‘12 Years a Slave’ Star Backs Out of Italian Premiere Following Poster Controversy

December 27, 2013 | 09:17AM PT
Lupita Nyong'o had been scheduled to attend the "Slave" Italo preem

The Italian premiere of “12 Years a Slave” officially kicked off Italy’s 18th annual Capri Hollywood film festival on Friday without talent in tow, following controversy sparked by the pic’s teaser posters that placed the focus on Brad Pitt and Michael Fassbender rather than Chiwetel Ejiofor, the star of the film.

As previously reported, Italo distributor BIM Distribuzione, which will release the Steve McQueen-helmed drama in Italy on Feb. 20, has apologized, pulled the posters that sparked a racial discrimination uproar on the Internet, and announced they will be using the original U.S. materials for “Slave,” translated into Italian, for the pic’s Italo campaign going forward.

Kenyan actress Lupita Nyong’o, who is nominated for a Golden Globe for her role as Patsey in “Slave” and had been expected to attend the “Slave” Italo bow in Capri to introduce the pic, bowed out of the event. No reason was given.

However, a robust contingent of Hollywood and international stars is set to disembark on the Italo isle for the Dec. 27-Jan. 2 event, which is packed with Oscar hopeful titles this year.

read more: http://variety.com/2013/film/news/twelve-years-a-slave-star-backs-out-of-italian-premiere-following-poster-controversy-1201003148/

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 07:13:57 PM »
Brad pitt will sell more tickets then the no name black actor that decided not to show up.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2013, 07:57:10 PM »
http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/the_greatest_lie_ever_told_to_the_black_filmmaker#.Urwcgc7Xbkk.facebook

Tyler Perry's net worth is 400 million...Oprah's is almost 3 billion...Spike Lee hides a lot of his money.

We doing ok.
A

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 08:02:06 PM »
Right.  But what libs don't get or don't care to understand is that you can only take 100% from someones income.  Math limits them to that ceiling.  Most working people will say fuck it and just stop working at some point and then who do you tax?  I honestly believe that is what their goal is.  Cloward-Piven at its worst.  Complete collapse and then institute a totalitarian regime.  Scary but true. 

Agreed. Many politicians favorite books/movies is 1984 regardless of what side of the isle the pretend to be on...

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 08:09:21 PM »

Tyler Perry's net worth is 400 million...Oprah's is almost 3 billion...Spike Lee hides a lot of his money.

We doing ok.

Yes, all 3 examples clearly represent all nignogs nationwide.   ::)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
I honestly believe that is what their goal is.  Cloward-Piven at its worst.  Complete collapse and then institute a totalitarian regime.  Scary but true.

^

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 09:50:44 PM »
Julianne Hough Blackface: Crazy Eyes Actress Breaks Silence About Controversial Orange Is the New Black Costume

http://www.eonline.com/news/483505/julianne-hough-blackface-crazy-eyes-actress-breaks-silence-about-controversial-orange-is-the-new-black-costume