Author Topic: I have 1 bitcoin  (Read 5807 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
I have 1 bitcoin
« on: December 26, 2013, 05:56:30 PM »
Time to make a little dough.

I'll also be playing in some of the alternate crypto-currencies based on trends, economics and speculation.

Livin' the dream.

8)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: I have 1 bitcoin
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 06:01:28 PM »
Sure you do.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »
BTW, I had a chance to get in on this when it was with Silk Road.  It was 3 dollars per bitcoin then. Words can't describe the anger I feel not going through with it. It was part I didn't think it'd ever become a legitimate trading item and the other I was too high to figure out how to get my money to buy them. Oh well. Still in early enough to start flipping shit and making a little something.

This is here to stay whether it's btc or another crypto-currency.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 06:03:04 PM »
Sure you do.

Actually I do. Bet me .25 btc that I don't.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 06:08:01 PM »
Sounds like you're ready to retire, Wiggs.....that is, assuming you have a job to retire from  :D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 06:11:10 PM »
Sounds like you're ready to retire, Wiggs.....that is, assuming you have a job to retire from  :D

LOL. You got jokes.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 06:12:39 PM »
LOL. You got jokes.

Jokes, yes.  Bitcoins, no.

Is there a target price at which you are going to sell it?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 06:15:17 PM »
BTW, I had a chance to get in on this when it was with Silk Road.  It was 3 dollars per bitcoin then. Words can't describe the anger I feel not going through with it. It was part I didn't think it'd ever become a legitimate trading item and the other I was too high to figure out how to get my money to buy them. Oh well. Still in early enough to start flipping shit and making a little something.

Sure you did.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 06:26:28 PM »
Jokes, yes.  Bitcoins, no.

Is there a target price at which you are going to sell it?

I think it will become a legit form of trade with bigbox stores and online payments. I'm in it for the long haul. I will keep buying more as long as it's worth it. It all depends on so many factors but no, I don't have a set price. I'm not in it to be a little bitch and run if it drops though. It's volatile...for now.   

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »
I think it will become a legit form of trade with bigbox stores and online payments. I'm in it for the long haul. I will keep buying more as long as it's worth it. It all depends on so many factors but no, I don't have a set price. I'm not in it to be a little bitch and run if it drops though. It's volatile...for now.   

Well, that's not the approach I would take were I to buy a bitcoin...I buy in and try to profit as quickly as I could.  The chance of long-term instability is too much for my liking.

Best of luck with this though

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2013, 06:33:39 PM »
Well, that's not the approach I would take were I to buy a bitcoin...I buy in and try to profit as quickly as I could.  The chance of long-term instability is too much for my liking.

Best of luck with this though

Thanks. If I think the ship will sink, I have no problems pulling out...(pulling out. huh-huh)
I have the shit on my phone and am constantly reviewing any and all news worldwide about the currency. I spent a little over 750 dollars. If it goes up to 2000 is it worth pulling out? Too many variables to consider. I'm not in this to make $1,300 measly dollars though. If I get enough early enough, I will go full scumbag and start selling it at a profit and reinvest for more. I just need to get it down to a science on the numbers.

RRR

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »
Instead of buying bitcoin I invested in firms providing services for virtual currencies.

Bitpay for example.

When there is a new gold mine you want to be the guy selling the pickaxes and shovels.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 07:01:11 PM »
Instead of buying bitcoin I invested in firms providing services for virtual currencies.

Bitpay for example.

When there is a new gold mine you want to be the guy selling the pickaxes and shovels.

Good point
I didn't know you can invest in these. Are they penny stocks?

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 07:08:59 PM »
Great investment friend and great timing. Expect some big jumps in the price of bitcoin soon now that Overstock.com will be accepting bitcoin within the next 6 months.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/26/overstock-to-embrace-bitcoin-giving-the-currency-a-lift/?_r=0

"One obstacle to mainstream acceptance of Bitcoin may be its wildly fluctuating value, which could scare off consumers. Mr. Byrne, CEO of Overstock said Overstock would insulate itself from such fluctuations by using derivatives to hedge the risk from any Bitcoins it holds. Alternately, the retailer may simply convert its Bitcoins to dollars on a nightly basis".

Bitcoin has captivated the imaginations of many technology entrepreneurs and investors, who it as a low-cost payment system that could disrupt established players like Visa and MasterCard. Paypal and Ebay will follow suite with Overstock. 100k per full unit of bitcoin is in the horizon and that's a low estimate as to where it's headed.

RRR

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 07:11:29 PM »
Good point
I didn't know you can invest in these. Are they penny stocks?

You can't invest in bitpay yet unless you are an accredited investor in your country of residence.

I just used them as an example. I'm not a native speaker sorry if it is not clear.

Jizzacked

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 07:13:43 PM »
I remember debating buying some at $7 per bitcoin, and deciding against it.  wasn't the first or last poor financial decision I will make in my life

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »
You can't invest in bitpay yet unless you are an accredited investor in your country of residence.

I just used them as an example. I'm not a native speaker sorry if it is not clear.

Ah, got it. Thanks.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 07:31:26 PM »
Great investment friend and great timing. Expect some big jumps in the price of bitcoin soon now that Overstock.com will be accepting bitcoin within the next 6 months.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/26/overstock-to-embrace-bitcoin-giving-the-currency-a-lift/?_r=0

"One obstacle to mainstream acceptance of Bitcoin may be its wildly fluctuating value, which could scare off consumers. Mr. Byrne, CEO of Overstock said Overstock would insulate itself from such fluctuations by using derivatives to hedge the risk from any Bitcoins it holds. Alternately, the retailer may simply convert its Bitcoins to dollars on a nightly basis".

Bitcoin has captivated the imaginations of many technology entrepreneurs and investors, who it as a low-cost payment system that could disrupt established players like Visa and MasterCard. Paypal and Ebay will follow suite with Overstock. 100k per full unit of bitcoin is in the horizon and that's a low estimate as to where it's headed.

Thank you. I feel that Bitcoin will eventually be challenged and perhaps even overcome by a challenger. Which one I don't know but it will have to take advantage of Bitcoin's shortcomings. That'll be a good one to get in early on. I couldn't tell you which one of the dozens it could be. I'll be buying some quark coin also as of right now, that's my guess. It's only .12 right now. Alot of positive news on it.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 07:37:35 PM »

OOFAA.  Fucking hell, you would have made a mint at 3 dollars per coin.  Hindsight though you know so dont beat yourself up to much Wiggins....

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »
OOFAA.  Fucking hell, you would have made a mint at 3 dollars per coin.  Hindsight though you know so dont beat yourself up to much Wiggins....

Yeah man, I'd be sitiing pretty nice right now. Not gonna dwell on it. Live and learn.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 07:57:35 PM »

::) Not this guy again.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2013, 08:02:05 PM »
I just setup a Lemonade stand 1 bitcoin for 2 glasses.

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2013, 08:12:21 PM »
Thank you. I feel that Bitcoin will eventually be challenged and perhaps even overcome by a challenger. Which one I don't know but it will have to take advantage of Bitcoin's shortcomings. That'll be a good one to get in early on. I couldn't tell you which one of the dozens it could be. I'll be buying some quark coin also as of right now, that's my guess. It's only .12 right now. Alot of positive news on it.

Great minds think alike. I have a position in Quark too. Meanwhile at Target, the credit card information for 40 million customers was stolen. Wow! I’m sure some of those folks might consider bitcoin in the future where theft like this is impossible.

http://www.womencitizen.com/business-2/hackers-steals-target-store-s-credit-card-data-5076.html

“Target may have been an easy bull's-eye for criminal hackers intent on stealing credit card information, but the theft of records for 40 million store customers was hardly the worst security breach among big retailers in recent years. And the incident revealed Thursday is unlikely to be the last.”

BOW

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »
Look into litecoin its the strongest crypto after bitcoin. I bought a few when they were in single digit prices. They peaked at $40 something dollars which made me 2 grand. I should have sold them as they crashed recently i could have bought back in for even more gains but live and learn.