Author Topic: Marines: Most Female Recruits Don't Meet New Pullup Standard (3 Pullups)  (Read 10315 times)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
Re: Marines: Most Female Recruits Don't Meet New Pullup Standard (3 Pullups)
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »
I wonder what physical tests these beasts had to pass to be police officers.

Pathetic. This is not Sparta.  >:(

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 10:23:09 AM »
I grew up near Camp Pendleton (Oceanside,Ca) and have know many Marines, past & present. The first thing 99% of them would do would be to frag all female troopers in a serious online, life or death, combat zone, if given the opportunity. That would be a mercy killing, in some troopers minds.

Reasons is because the females would not have the abilities to keep up with the requirements needed in battle and be a total threat to the other marines around her. Not only getting her self  killed but also others in her combat unit. The weakest link, in other words.

A female trooper, if captured, will also  be the subject of a brutal  gang-bang, even if she is wounded or not. Have been known to go on for days at a time. Which had been the case in Gulf war 1 & 2. Something the U.S. government has tried to keep secret all these years. Common knowledge to the Marines I have listened too.

Sad news is the the Marines are becoming way too PC to be much of a  serious force in the future. Thank you Washingon DC and the current White House idiots.

F

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »
they can't even do 3 bastardised cross fit kipping pull ups?

They don't allow full kipping pull ups in the Marine Corps. I bet it's only a matter of time.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 10:28:16 AM »
;D Well played.

6 good pullups is a LOT  for a girl, even a gymnast.  Granted, the Marine interpretation of a pull up is less then strict, but still

So are my last 5 chins in every set but I'm counting them anyway.  Nothing beats a good neck stretch.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 10:59:25 AM »
just shoot dumb people up with steroids and talk them into it,

should be more than enough

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 11:04:49 AM »
There are exceptions with women. Seen a few do 10 or more chins and even reps doing one arm chins. Of course never with a pack or full equipment a combat soldier has to wear. That's where chinning power is a life or death thing. Or helping a wounded bud up and over something...in a hurry.
F

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »
A female trooper, if captured, will also  be the subject of a brutal  gang-bang, even if she is wounded or not. Have been known to go on for days at a time. Which had been the case in Gulf war 1 & 2. Something the U.S. government has tried to keep secret all these years. Common knowledge to the Marines I have listened too.

They forgot to mention it was their own colleagues who raped them, not the enemy.

'They threatened me with death and raped me': EIGHT female Marines claim gang rape and sex assault at prestigious Washington  Marines barracks
Eight former Marines allege that they were raped or sexually assaulted at Marine Barracks in Washington, D.C.

They say there were little or no punishments for their alleged rapists
Some were called 'walking mattresses' and 'sluts' by fellow Marines
Department of Defence said in January there were approximately 19,000 sexual assaults in the military

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2111016/8-female-Marines-claim-gang-rape-sex-assault-Washington-D-C-barracks.html

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 11:51:50 AM »
  I was Company Iron Man.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2013/12/27/257363943/marines-most-female-recruits-dont-meet-new-pullup-standard?utm_content=socialflow&utm_campaign=nprfacebook&utm_source=npr&utm_medium=facebook

Starting Jan. 1, every woman in the Marines Corps was supposed to meet a new physical standard by performing three pullups. But that has been put off.

The Marine Corps announced it quietly. There was no news conference — just a notice on its social media sites and an item on its own TV show, The Corps Report.

Lance Cpl. Ally Beiswanger explained that the pullup test had been put off until sometime next year, to gather more data and "ensure all female Marines are given the best opportunity to succeed."

So far, female Marines are not succeeding. Fifty-five percent of female recruits tested at the end of boot camp were doing fewer than three pullups; only 1 percent of male recruits failed the test.

The three pullups is already the minimum required for all male Marines. Now the Marine Corps has postponed the plan, and that's raising questions about whether women have the physical strength to handle ground combat, which they'll be allowed to do beginning in 2016.

Marine officers would not talk to NPR on tape. They said they delayed the pullup requirement to avoid losing not only recruits but also current female Marines who can't pass the test.

The Marine Corps has been using it to test upper body strength for men for more than 40 years. And that upper body strength, they say, is necessary to serve in ground combat: to pull yourself out of a canal in Afghanistan, to climb over a mud wall, to carry an ammunition box.

Setting A Tougher Standard

Related NPR stories

Pfc. Katie Gorz (center) served as a squad leader during the training at Camp Geiger, N.C.

National Security

Women Pass Marine Training, Clear First Hurdle To Combat Role

Women in the U.S. military will be integrated into front-line combat units by 2016, the Pentagon says. Here, female Marine recruits stand in formation during pugil stick training in boot camp earlier this year at Parris Island, S.C.

The Two-Way

'Days Of Rambo Are Over': Pentagon Details Women's Move To Combat

Women In Combat: Obstacles Remain As Exclusion Policy Ends

For years, female Marines have had to meet a different standard — an exercise called the "flexed arm hang" (holding one's chin above the pullup bar for at least 15 seconds).

But beginning in 2016, women in the Marine Corps and Army will be allowed to serve in infantry, armor and artillery units. And they'll need to be strong enough to climb those mud walls and carry ammunition.

Robert Maginnis, a retired Army lieutenant colonel, says the delay shows that women just can't meet the same standards.

"Young women, in spite of all the training and all the best intentions, are not going to be the equal of young men in terms of upper body strength," Maginnis says. "You've got to have a lot of upper body strength to lift the stuff. Been there, done that."

Maginnis just wrote a book called Deadly Consequences: How Cowards are Pushing Women into Combat. He says the issue has more to do with politics than protecting the nation.

A Former Marine Says It's Possible

However, Greg Jacob, a former Marine, says women can build the strength they need for pullups, and he has seen it done.

He served as a Marine infantry officer in the Balkans and Africa, and now he works for the Service Women's Action Network, a group that advocates for military women. When he was a Marine trainer in North Carolina, he required his female instructors to knock out pullups just like the guys.

"At first, a lot of women weren't able to do it," Jacob says. "They were able to do one, some were able to do two, but what happened was by having that standard and enforcing that standard, it made my Marines, it made the troops go to the gym and train to that standard."

Within six months, all of the women in his company were doing eight to 12 pullups, he says.

Jacob says the Marine Corps must do a better job of training women to reach the same standard as men. A small number of female Marines already have made it: So far, 13 women have passed advanced combat training. One of the requirements is three pullups.

"It's a squad-sized unit that's ready to go, and they're not sending them to their infantry unit simply because they're women," Jacob says.

Some Marine officers privately say only a handful of Marine women will show interest in combat or be able to pass the course.

Meantime, Corps Report TV anchor Lance Cpl. Ally Beiswanger wants to see if she can get over the first physical hurdle and do those pullups.

She admitted to her audience that she could only do one pullup last year.

"Now I'm up to eight, so I'm taking advantage of the extra time to complete my goal of 12 pullups," she said on the show.

And what about the larger goal of women in ground combat? That's still two years away.

________________________ ________________________ ___________

Most of the fatties in my gym , males, cant do three either. 

^^
Test for any Canadian Police, including RCMP is 10 pullups, 5km run, rescue 80lb. dummy from bottom of a pool.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 12:22:36 PM »
Muscle test for Gladiators TV show was 30 pull ups  :)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 03:01:29 PM »
Aren't these chicks now allowed on the front lines? Who the fukc wants to be on the front lines with a chick who can't do 3 pullups? May as well allow senior citizens in the military...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2013, 03:03:41 PM »
Lakers.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2013, 10:55:57 PM »
Aren't these chicks now allowed on the front lines? Who the fukc wants to be on the front lines with a chick who can't do 3 pullups? May as well allow senior citizens in the military...

Australian army reserve age limit is to 60, something like 1km running,few push ups every 100m & Styer machine gun can be yours  :)

HandsomeMOFO

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 01:41:23 AM »
"ensure all female Marines are given the best opportunity to succeed."

Welcome to the new America, shared mediocrity is the new law of the land.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 01:45:22 AM »
I grew up near Camp Pendleton (Oceanside,Ca) and have know many Marines, past & present. The first thing 99% of them would do would be to frag all female troopers in a serious online, life or death, combat zone, if given the opportunity. That would be a mercy killing, in some troopers minds.

Reasons is because the females would not have the abilities to keep up with the requirements needed in battle and be a total threat to the other marines around her. Not only getting her self  killed but also others in her combat unit. The weakest link, in other words.

Sad news is the the Marines are becoming way too PC to be much of a  serious force in the future. Thank you Washingon DC and the current White House idiots.

That can't be true, every single human is completely equal.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2013, 02:02:12 AM »

At least they look like they can do more than three pullups. I prefer being covered  ;D by a gay guy who is capable over a wannabe butch lesbian who can't lift her own pack.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2013, 02:08:31 AM »
they seem to struggle in pain and anguish .. rembrandt like picture

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2013, 02:33:59 AM »
That can't be true, every single human is completely equal.
Equal in that they are human...which is completely true.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2013, 04:28:26 AM »
Equal in that they are human...which is completely true.

That and we're also all completely equal in physical ability and intelligence, gender and race are a social construct. I can be a Girl Scout and Precious can be a US Marine, it's our right as humans.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2013, 11:52:38 AM »
 :D ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2013, 12:43:57 PM »
That and we're also all completely equal in physical ability and intelligence, gender and race are a social construct. I can be a Girl Scout and Precious can be a US Marine, it's our right as humans.

::) ::) ::)
 ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2013, 02:13:26 PM »
I dont give a damn how many they can do.