Author Topic: Open challenge to 240 is back.  (Read 4412 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Open challenge to 240 is back.
« on: December 27, 2013, 11:42:12 AM »
i'm a skinnyfat twink human toilet that worships obama's cokehead ways, and even I can knock out 12 body weight pullups without stopping.   

I do not believe that you can perform 12 body wight pullups with the chest touching the bar, full ROM, and pause at the bottom.   I am prepared to offer the following challenge - Post a video of said feat within 2 weeks with the following consequences:

If you fail, you suffer the humiliation of being another getbig bullshitter, must use the avatar of my choice for a month, and must do 10 workouts next month of 333386's choice.

If you are successful and prove me wrong, I will continue to post as I normally do, and will avoid this topic as much as possible.  When people confront me about it, I will reply with a mix of the rolleye smiley, "internet serious bidness", or "meltdown."

Do you accept?
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Open challenge to 240 is back.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:50:56 AM »
A little worried about using the camera in the gym.  They're pretty strict.

But yeah, I'll do it once I find a place.  But despite my sad bench numbers (nowhere near 300 yet) and scrawny arms, I can do pullups, I've always been pretty good at those. 

So gimme a day or 3 to find something to hang from.  If I drive past an empty playground, I'll definitely lean up the iphone and record myself doing them.    I don't see this as any major huge feat of strength.   No making fun of the "thinning" spot in the hair, although I do keep it trimmed pretty close these days  ;D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
 cswol and I made stupid failure videos... so it can't be that hard    :D ;D

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 11:56:39 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
A little worried about using the camera in the gym.  They're pretty strict.

But yeah, I'll do it once I find a place.  But despite my sad bench numbers (nowhere near 300 yet) and scrawny arms, I can do pullups, I've always been pretty good at those.  

So gimme a day or 3 to find something to hang from.  If I drive past an empty playground, I'll definitely lean up the iphone and record myself doing them.    I don't see this as any major huge feat of strength.   No making fun of the "thinning" spot in the hair, although I do keep it trimmed pretty close these days  ;D

Are you trying to bench 300?  If so, I've done a few programs that got me there in the past I could send you the links to.

I've always kind of sucked at pullups - even when I was at my strongest.  I'm wondering just doing them 4 times a week would solve it.
Y

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 11:58:05 AM »
Guys with no legs can do plenty of pull-ups.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
uh not hard when you weigh a buck 50

240 my ass

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 11:59:13 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »
haha yeah, I'll never reach 240.   I'm low 190s these days, and 5 of those pounds are safety fat :)  I've always been able to do bunches of pullups.  I'm narrow, my legs are okay, but my back is probably my strongest area.  I have to build a bunkbed this weekend, maybe I'll do 12 pullups off that.  

bench press... yeah... I had a rotator cuff and/or biceps strain which cost me 12 weeks of upper body training (maybe 3-4 years ago).  I have never been able to regain the intensity I used to enjoy for chest day.  It used to be 25 sets of free weights every time, and chest was my best area probably.  Now my lower pecs just look deflated :(  I'd definitely appreciate any links!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 12:04:25 PM »
I do not believe that you can perform 12 body wight pullups with the chest touching the bar, full ROM, and pause at the bottom.   I am prepared to offer the following challenge - Post a video of said feat within 2 weeks with the following consequences:

If you fail, you suffer the humiliation of being another getbig bullshitter, must use the avatar of my choice for a month, and must do 10 workouts next month of 333386's choice.

If you are successful and prove me wrong, I will continue to post as I normally do, and will avoid this topic as much as possible.  When people confront me about it, I will reply with a mix of the rolleye smiley, "internet serious bidness", or "meltdown."

Do you accept?
Hmm? Never thought you were at another's bidding!? Grape?   

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »
Hmm? Never thought you were at another's bidding!? Grape?   

Figured those type of workouts would improve pullup performance.
Y

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 12:10:46 PM »
Are you trying to bench 300?  If so, I've done a few programs that got me there in the past I could send you the links to.

I've always kind of sucked at pullups - even when I was at my strongest.  I'm wondering just doing them 4 times a week would solve it.

http://twentypullups.com

Helped increase my pull ups. Never got to 20, though.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 12:13:07 PM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 12:16:05 PM »
http://twentypullups.com

Helped increase my pull ups. Never got to 20, though.

Thanks, aki.  Will definitely give it a read.
Y

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 12:19:13 PM »

Finally! A tread worth follering!  :D

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »

uh, slight problem dude. he never said he did dead-stop C2B pullups. just 12 bodyweight pullups. if you want to actually call him out on his claim all he needs to do is get his chin over the bar 12 times.

shit i can bang out pullups without a problem but doing 12 like you just described would be a fight.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »
Figured those type of workouts would improve pullup performance.
Strength through conservatism?   ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 12:30:28 PM »
uh, slight problem dude. he never said he did dead-stop C2B pullups. just 12 bodyweight pullups. if you want to actually call him out on his claim all he needs to do is get his chin over the bar 12 times.

shit i can bang out pullups without a problem but doing 12 like you just described would be a fight.

I put a lot on the line on my side, so I set the criteria how I saw fit.
Y

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 12:33:12 PM »

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 12:39:25 PM »
very few can do 12 bodybuilding style pullups thatd be effetive on the back muscles.

swing ups ,yah, but that does fuck all for back development.

dont fool yourselves a back which can do 12 perfect rom slow all time tension pullups is gonna look very good.

that, or as mentioned, when one has sticks for legs, but even then,very hard.

for reference what cswol did for pullup was a disgrace, that was not 1 proper rep.

n

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 12:40:23 PM »
I'm sure they will cancel his membership if someone catches his buddy using a phone to record 12 pull ups in 20 seconds. not worth the risk imo. And no playgrounds or schools to be found in Florida this time of year that aren't covered in snow. Lol at bunkbed!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 12:40:28 PM »
I put a lot on the line on my side, so I set the criteria how I saw fit.

it's not really "calling someone out" if you change the criteria on a whim. you're challenging him to something he never said he could do. if you're gonna do that, why not change the number? or say he has to do them one-handed, or on a smooth bar with bacon grease smeared all over it? pointless to issue a challenge if it's not what the person originally said.

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 12:41:45 PM »
very few can do 12 bodybuilding style pullups thatd be effetive on the back muscles.

swing ups ,yah, but that does fuck all for back development.

dont fool yourselves a back which can do 12 perfect rom slow all time tension pullups is gonna look very good.

that, or as mentioned, when one has sticks for legs, but even then,very hard.

for reference what cswol did for pullup was a disgrace, that was not 1 proper rep.

not at all true. if you're willing to give me a little leeway i can hit 12 on a good day (chest can't QUITE hit the bar on all 12, but within an inch) and my back doesn't look that great.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 12:43:42 PM »
it's not really "calling someone out" if you change the criteria on a whim. you're challenging him to something he never said he could do. if you're gonna do that, why not change the number? or say he has to do them one-handed, or on a smooth bar with bacon grease smeared all over it? pointless to issue a challenge if it's not what the person originally said.

You one of those really intelligent, but stupid people, aren't you?
Y