Author Topic: Open challenge to 240 is back.  (Read 4418 times)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
Re: Open challenge to 240 is back.
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 12:44:28 PM »
You one of those really smart, stupid people, aren't you?

probably. also bored and watching my phone update itself so i figured id drop in and see what the board's been up to lately.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 12:46:46 PM »
probably. also bored and watching my phone update itself so i figured id drop in and see what the board's been up to lately.

All good.

I set the criteria as stated, to avoid cswol-type reps.

As long as he hits full rom, I'll hold up my end of the deal.
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 01:38:51 PM »
You one of those really intelligent, but stupid people, aren't you?

;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »
haha yeah, I like a little swing when I do them :)  Pause at the bottom is a little new

but the bacon thing, I like that!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »
cswol and I made stupid failure videos... so it can't be that hard    :D ;D

Cswol did way better on that video than I ever imagined he would

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 01:55:49 PM »
This works 240

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 02:04:46 PM »
I do not believe that you can perform 12 body wight pullups with the chest touching the bar, full ROM, and pause at the bottom.   I am prepared to offer the following challenge - Post a video of said feat within 2 weeks with the following consequences:

If you fail, you suffer the humiliation of being another getbig bullshitter, must use the avatar of my choice for a month, and must do 10 workouts next month of 333386's choice.

If you are successful and prove me wrong, I will continue to post as I normally do, and will avoid this topic as much as possible.  When people confront me about it, I will reply with a mix of the rolleye smiley, "internet serious bidness", or "meltdown."

Do you accept?
In the other thread when I read that 240 said he could do 12 pullups I was going to post .........and you can also squat 405 for 20 reps but I got distracted here at home and forgot all about it.  LOL  :D

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 02:12:21 PM »
I do not believe that you can perform 12 body wight pullups with the chest touching the bar, full ROM, and pause at the bottom.   I am prepared to offer the following challenge - Post a video of said feat within 2 weeks with the following consequences:

If you fail, you suffer the humiliation of being another getbig bullshitter, must use the avatar of my choice for a month, and must do 10 workouts next month of 333386's choice.

If you are successful and prove me wrong, I will continue to post as I normally do, and will avoid this topic as much as possible.  When people confront me about it, I will reply with a mix of the rolleye smiley, "internet serious bidness", or "meltdown."

Do you accept?
That's not fair at all. You've made it too safe for yourself for you to 'win'.

A chin is legit if the bar clears your chin, and no pause required at the bottom or top.
follow the arrows

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »
In the other thread when I read that 240 said he could do 12 pullups I was going to post .........and you can also squat 405 for 20 reps but I got distracted here at home and forgot all about it.  LOL  :D

I could do 405 for 20 reps.  Buuuuut the range of motion wasn't quite what it should have been  ;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 02:48:55 PM »
That's not fair at all. You've made it too safe for yourself for you to 'win'.

A chin is legit if the bar clears your chin, and no pause required at the bottom or top.

I've put a shit ton on the line so I will do as I please.   You may challenge 240 with something that fits your own personal criteria, if you so desire.
Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 02:50:58 PM »
I could do 405 for 20 reps.  Buuuuut the range of motion wasn't quite what it should have been  ;D
Same here!!  LOL  :D

Just fucking with you Rob.  ;)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »
I've put a shit ton on the line so I will do as I please.   You may challenge 240 with something that fits your own personal criteria, if you so desire.
wait, LOL, what did you put on the line again? That you will post 'meltdown' when asked about this topic? Oh my! How can a poor soul ever be subjected to such indignity?!
follow the arrows

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2014, 11:07:41 PM »
were the 12 bodyweight pullups successfully performed?

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2014, 12:31:11 AM »
wait, LOL, what did you put on the line again? That you will post 'meltdown' when asked about this topic? Oh my! How can a poor soul ever be subjected to such indignity?!
Yes, fight sarcasm with sarcasm!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2014, 12:50:49 AM »
An Ape drinking Grape Drank aka Grank

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2014, 07:07:25 AM »
ITT: Feats of superhuman strength.

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2014, 07:38:59 AM »
were the 12 bodyweight pullups successfully performed?

It was causing to much of a shake up with some other posters in terms of the criteria of the challenge.  The board cannot afford a seismic rift at the moment, so 240 and I are now collaborating to get his bench to 300.   The pullups will have to wait.
Y

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2014, 07:45:34 AM »
it's not really "calling someone out" if you change the criteria on a whim. you're challenging him to something he never said he could do. if you're gonna do that, why not change the number? or say he has to do them one-handed, or on a smooth bar with bacon grease smeared all over it? pointless to issue a challenge if it's not what the person originally said.
youre taking this internet challenge thing a littke seriously. Especially considering the extreme bet that grape put out there if he loses.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2014, 09:06:02 AM »
It was causing to much of a shake up with some other posters in terms of the criteria of the challenge.  The board cannot afford a seismic rift at the moment, so 240 and I are now collaborating to get his bench to 300.   The pullups will have to wait.

Correct.   Also, I forgot about it :)  If I hit the playground this week, I'll still knock out as many pullups as I can.   I dunno about the pause thing tho... dont mean a thing without that swing :)

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2014, 09:12:31 AM »
very few can do 12 bodybuilding style pullups thatd be effetive on the back muscles.

swing ups ,yah, but that does fuck all for back development.

dont fool yourselves a back which can do 12 perfect rom slow all time tension pullups is gonna look very good.

that, or as mentioned, when one has sticks for legs, but even then,very hard.

for reference what cswol did for pullup was a disgrace, that was not 1 proper rep.

I feel special then. I can do quite a few strict pullups, not that kipping garbage. Don't know about SLOOWWWWW though. Guarantee at least twenty though, for going slow. And no, no stick legs. I've got my wheels back since I have been working around my jacked knee.

Some people can just do pull ups decently well. I wouldn't doubt 240 is one of them/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 03:50:57 PM »
I video'd myself doing 10.5 reps with a little swing.  I had been running sprints so I was gassed when I started.  I'll have to upload it this weekend.  I'll swing by the playground again next week and do it again with fresh lungs.  I was a little heavier than I remember :) 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 04:06:45 PM »
I do not believe that you can perform 12 body wight pullups with the chest touching the bar, full ROM, and pause at the bottom.   I am prepared to offer the following challenge - Post a video of said feat within 2 weeks with the following consequences:

If you are successful and prove me wrong, I will continue to post as I normally do, and will avoid this topic as much as possible.  When people confront me about it, I will reply with a mix of the rolleye smiley, "internet serious bidness", or "meltdown."

Do you accept?

this is a joke right?

what kind of bet is it when you give nothing in return if you lose

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2014, 04:22:56 PM »
You think you can just march in here a challenge 240? Hey, man, you don't talk to 240. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "Do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 04:49:19 PM »
I video'd myself doing 10.5 reps with a little swing.  I had been running sprints so I was gassed when I started.  I'll have to upload it this weekend.  I'll swing by the playground again next week and do it again with fresh lungs.  I was a little heavier than I remember :) 

So although I was correct, and I will adjust my internet ranking up as usual, I will also adjust 240's up slightly too, but will not enforce any of the other penalties outlined in the bet, due to 240's good sportsmanship, and the fact that somebody actually tried to back up what they say.
Y