Author Topic: WHEY  (Read 23665 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: WHEY
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »
healthy n fit or Beverly products they are more $$$$,,,

Thanks.  I'll pay more if it will reduce my chance of dying.  lol.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 04:21:18 PM »
There are four major wholesale suppliers of whey protein powder to the fitness industry. They supply whey concentrate and whey isolate. They add lecithin to the powder, otherwise the whey would solidify into solid blocks of whey. It can be further processed chemically, to whey hydrolysate.

I use Now Sports Whey Protein Isolate Powder, Natural Unflavored. No artificial ingredients. Specifically states on the label that it does not contain any Aspartame, Sucralose, nor Acesulfame-K. That's important because if you don't say that, then you are free to use them, as under the law if it isn't more than half a gram, per serving, then you don't have to list it, but if you say it isn't in there, then you can't use any of the crap. ON, and others, uses proprietary ingredients that are all less than half a gram each of carbs and chemical sweeteners, 12 of them in fact, that don't have to be listed, and that amounts to 6 grams of garbage per serving, instead of the whey protein that you are supposed to be paying for.

Now Sports serving per scoop, is 28 grams, of which 25 are protein, the other 3 grams are fat from the lecithin and a bit of butterfat that gets through the micro filtering process, and some lactose the gets through the micro filtering process too. Now Sports has the highest percentage of protein per scoop, of any whey isolate protein that I have found. On another thread, I pointed out how the Arnold Series Iron Whey has a serving of 32.4 grams, but only 22 grams of that serving are protein. Other "famous" brands are similar scams. Adding cheap carbs (sugar), and calling it a protein powder, should be a crime.

If you want safety, and quality, then Read the labels, and Do the Math.

im2large

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 09:27:50 AM »
LMAO! Where does some of this horsehit come from... LMAO at the above poster.