Author Topic: Who is the greatest Mixed Martial Artist of all time?  (Read 18116 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Who is the greatest Mixed Martial Artist of all time?
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 01:56:13 AM »
Rixson in his prime I would have to say is better than anyone else has ever been in their prime.  He may not be the best now cause of age obviously but back in the day his skills then would have been superior today.  He punched, kicked and submitted.  He had good size.  But of course he wasn't the best at everything.............. ........

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 09:45:34 AM »
lol but i bet he could beat the shit out of you mate!  ;D He ever make you tap?
Scouser on Tour

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 10:27:51 AM »
Actually yes.  When we trained part of it was to know what it felt like to almost pass out.  It was fun back then cause the class was one on one.  Rorian had his garage completely covered from floor to walls in wrestling mats.  It got so hot in there.  Then afterwards we would go inside and eat funny food that the girls made.  They really wanted me to get serious about it because of my size and strength they saw I would have been good especially with my background.  But, I gave it up and passed it on to Craig Kukuk who I introduced to them.  And he ended up lving it and becoming I think the first American Black Belt in GJJ.  Then he went on to make allot of money from it.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 04:18:51 PM »
They really wanted me to get serious about it because of my size and strength they saw I would have been good especially with my background.

they lied to ya !

they just wanted ya around because you always brought beer over !

MassInMass

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2006, 03:00:50 PM »
Don Frye?!?

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 04:42:13 PM »
I know he made a lot of money from it, its just in wrestling they never let him get anywhere. He could have reamed them all and still had energy to take out half the audience but they just stuffed him around with the political bullshit. I cant watch wrestling anymore I am so sick of that sucking up to the right people crap.

I  still wonder what ken shamrock would have done if he'd focussed exclusively on the mixed martial arts. He still gets my vote on the best.

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 01:52:02 AM »
i dont know, hes posibly the most famous MMA fighter, but he lost too many fights to be considered the best. Hes the mike Tyson of MMA, by carrying on hes ruined his reputation
Scouser on Tour

SDMF

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 03:21:10 AM »
Don Frye

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2006, 07:00:21 PM »
Frank Dux  ;)
RIP Bob Probert

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2006, 07:07:36 PM »
Rixson in his prime I would have to say is better than anyone else has ever been in their prime.  He may not be the best now cause of age obviously but back in the day his skills then would have been superior today.  He punched, kicked and submitted.  He had good size.  But of course he wasn't the best at everything.............. ........

id have to disagree about the punching and kicking ... granted you met and trained with the dude and all i have to go by is the fight footage ive seen ... but he didnt look like he had much game on his feet other than keeping an opponent from hittin him ... in fact in the interviews he read he says his style of fighting is entirely self defense

did he train alot in boxing/kickboxing?

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006, 03:43:25 AM »
are you a RedMeatKid wannabe? You couldnt fight your way out of Pee Wee Hermans bedroom
Scouser on Tour

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2006, 05:21:07 AM »
are you a RedMeatKid wannabe? You couldnt fight your way out of Pee Wee Hermans bedroom
He would not want to. Lets not forget who your writing about,

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2006, 05:24:07 AM »
rickson by armbar ;D
I agree Rickson look at his record, no one else can brag about that many fights plus a 99.99% win record

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2006, 06:13:15 AM »
ROYCE GRACIE

armbar3

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2006, 03:08:31 PM »
ROYCE GRACIE
Royce has said in interviews that Rickson was a better fighter.Royce is only more popular because Rickson wanted more money than Royce tofight in the Ufc and Rorian would not give it to him.In all actually the UFC was susposed to be Rickson not Royce

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2006, 04:31:48 PM »
Royce has said in interviews that Rickson was a better fighter.Royce is only more popular because Rickson wanted more money than Royce tofight in the Ufc and Rorian would not give it to him.In all actually the UFC was susposed to be Rickson not Royce
Really...that is interesting....personall y I wouldn't want to f*** with any of them...lol 

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 08:35:19 PM »
Fedor right now or Rickson in his prime truly 2 legends in the sport

NYCDVR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2006, 06:09:25 PM »
Greatest? Tough but I think Bruce Lee is a legitamate name he did train and know submissions(in enter the dragon he uses a submission) the guy knew jui jitsu. The reason I mention Bruce is because he took whatever technique worked please do not forget that jui jitsu came from asia not brazil. Additionally on his feet he was way faster than anyone mentioned above. He was the first to actual mix martial arts.

Bruce actually accepted challenges and regularly wooped peoples asses on sets

He knocked out the Karate gold medalist who said he was on a different level

He trained with weights before it was common and did things that people still talk about

The guy was in phenom shape and knew multiple styles and brought martial arts to the western world

I think you have to list him if your talking top mixed martial artist and I think he would take rickson out

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2006, 05:31:40 AM »
Ali, no no no. If there was ever a boxer who could have beaten the modern UFC champions its the 22 year old mike Tyson

Ive said thopse things about Bruce many times but it continuously gets thrown back in my face as bullshit. Hence i dont bother anymore
Scouser on Tour

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2006, 06:46:32 AM »
Royce is only more popular because Rickson wanted more money than Royce tofight in the Ufc and Rorian would not give it to him.In all actually the UFC was susposed to be Rickson not Royce

I'm not to sure about that one.  i was there in the beginning and Royce and Rorian were always very close.  I saw Royce at the house nearly everytime I went.  Royce did their first promotional video t with my friend Craig Kukuk.  Royce was young not mean looking but could fight.  That is what they wanted to show.  They wanted to show that Gracie Jiu Jitsu was superior and it didn't matter how big you were.  Rickson was way bigger and stronger and more experienced than Royce.  It was more impressive when a skinny young kid went out there and kicked everybody's ass than a seasoned fighter with a muscular body.  This was back in 1987 or so.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2006, 08:13:20 PM »
Bruce Lee walked his talk though. One tough dude. He truly was on a whole other level. You only need to see others trying to copy his intensity to see its chalk and cheese.

I just wish I got to see Ken Shamrock in a shoot fight with Triple H. No holds barred, no outside interference and no time limit.

I'd pay to see that. 
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2006, 05:10:29 AM »
That's d be a short damn fight :)

NYCDVR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »
Shamrock knocked out Kimo with a knee pretty quick in there last fight and I would say kimo is as strong as HHH

Even though Ken is no longer the man I still think he would take HHH

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2006, 05:58:38 PM »
Shamrock knocked out Kimo with a knee pretty quick in there last fight and I would say kimo is as strong as HHH

Even though Ken is no longer the man I still think he would take HHH

I'm sure he would.  Professional wrestlers are stuntmen/actor's, not fighters.  i respect what they do, but Ken would handle HHH in a heart beat in a real shoot.  Just ask Kurt Angle about Daniel Puder.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2006, 07:42:47 PM »
Man ................. and I love Kurt Angle. I accept the explanation his neck was playing up and thats why Daniel Puder got even close to taking him down. Angle is one of the few wrestlers I respect.

Prolly why they gave Puder the ass, cos he made them scared he could make them look bad.

(imagines the tough boys all feeling scared and vulnerable in the locker room. "Vince.... that puder kid is all wroooooooong. He aaiiint wrestler material............") guh!!! I hate politics.

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy