Author Topic: Obesity problem solved - Lets put calorie info on vending machines  (Read 1310 times)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Requiring calorie information to be displayed on roughly 5 million vending machines nationwide will help consumers make healthier choices, says the Food and Drug Administration, which is expected to release final rules early next year. It estimates the cost to the vending machine industry at $25.8 million initially and $24 million per year after that, but says if just .02 percent of obese adults ate 100 fewer calories a week, the savings to the health care system would be at least that great.

http://www.aol.com/article/2013/12/28/health-law-to-put-calorie-info-on-vending-machines/20796636/?ncid=webmail2

You ever wonder what most of the people on the FDA board look like?  I know when McDonald's posted their calorie count on the menu, it really raised "awareness" and improved our country's overall health. Damn, are people this dumb who are in charge?  Don't answer that.
N

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Obesity problem solved!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 12:01:35 AM »
make a daily limit of 1,000 calories per person.

who will be obese then?

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 12:07:53 AM »
Requiring calorie information to be displayed on roughly 5 million vending machines nationwide will help consumers make healthier choices, says the Food and Drug Administration, which is expected to release final rules early next year. It estimates the cost to the vending machine industry at $25.8 million initially and $24 million per year after that, but says if just .02 percent of obese adults ate 100 fewer calories a week, the savings to the health care system would be at least that great.
http://www.aol.com/article/2013/12/28/health-law-to-put-calorie-info-on-vending-machines/20796636/?ncid=webmail2

You ever wonder what most of the people on the FDA board look like?  I know when McDonald's posted their calorie count on the menu, it really raised "awareness" and improved our country's overall health.
Damn, are people this dumb who are in charge?  Don't answer that.

love this

really love team mel gibson pic on avatar

how do I join team mel?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 12:13:03 AM »

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 12:53:44 AM »

who will be obese then?

I ate 1000 calories once

wanted to comit mass murder was so hungery

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »
love this

really love team mel gibson pic on avatar

how do I join team mel?

You're a good man! I'm an original member of Team Mel Gibson, I nominate you!

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
Re: Obesity problem solved - Lets put calorie info on vending machines
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »
Putting nutrition info on menu boards and the likes actually makes people consume more in some cases... It gives people the "fuck it" attitude and they order even more. Unless you go in with the mindset that you're only going to eat X amount of calories, it isn't helpful. It only matters for the people who are already watching what they eat.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 11:40:53 AM »
 If the USA mandates a 1,000 calorie per day maximum... will there still be obesity?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 11:42:08 AM »
If you cant discipline yourself not to eat then kill yourself.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 11:56:41 AM »

who will be obese then?
Nobody, but why would you want to live in such a place?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 01:23:55 PM »
Putting nutrition info on menu boards and the likes actually makes people consume more in some cases... It gives people the "fuck it" attitude and they order even more. Unless you go in with the mindset that you're only going to eat X amount of calories, it isn't helpful. It only matters for the people who are already watching what they eat.
^This. Its kind of like posting speed limits. After a while its a game - how much can I break it by?

Meanwhile, when I go to Germany I notice the people smoke, drink lots of beer, eat lots of bread and are generally skinny. They walk a lot. And then go drive on the Autobahn now and then at 200 Km/hr. And nobody is the worse for it.