Author Topic: Do you tell people youre a BB or do you just say you lift weights/go to the gym  (Read 3653 times)

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers

'You look good for your age' is good enough for me.

dustin

I get asked all the time if I compete. I try to distance myself as much as possible from bodybuilding. The permabulkers and juice pigs who always seem to be getting ready to do a show (yet never compete) have played a large role in ruining the culture of the gym. I say it's more desirable to have aesthetics everyday than to be fat and " diet" down to look good for one weekend a year.....

SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!

I wish someone told me something like this 5 years ago. I used to think being a sweaty, fat juice pig permabulker was the SHIT. I hope not too many people think I'm a fucking idiot because of that phase.

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
I tell people I am into calisthenics and never even entered the gym.
They find it hard to believe. I justify it all by telling them that I am one of the genetic elites of the human race.
Lmao
$

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!

I wish someone told me something like this 5 years ago. I used to think being a sweaty, fat juice pig permabulker was the SHIT. I hope not too many people think I'm a fucking idiot because of that phase.
We all go through that phase early on bro,then we finally realize that quality over quantity is what makes a good looking physique.

I got up to a whopping 190 pounds once!  LOL  :D

galeniko

• Getbig V
some dumb whore actualy once asked me if its required to lift weights and stuff to get my physique ;D
n

dustin

We all go through that phase early on bro,then we finally realize that quality over quantity is what makes a good looking physique.

I got up to a whopping 190 pounds once!  LOL  :D

I got past 200lbs once but I swear the last 40lbs I put on had nothing to do with muscle whatsoever. I felt like the biggest dude in the world though, and all my twinky friends giving me props sent my ego through the ROOF!! My only regret is that I didn't take any pictures. I've never been fat in my life but it was amazing to actually be a fat ass for once. ;D

Mawse

• Getbig IV
SPOT ON!!!!!!!!!

But bro, be a 280 lb bodybuilder you have to eat like a 280 lb bodybuilder.

Since I went on straight trt and stopped doing cardio people stopped asking me if I compete. Ah well.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Used to be a bodybuilder in my 20's, now at 48 I'm just someone who lifts heavy things and puts them down.

The funniest thing is how normal people perceive you.  Questions like:

1. Are you a wrestler?
2. Are you in the military?
3. Are you a police officer?
4. You must workout?
5. Are you a power lifter?
6. You go to the gym a lot?
7. Are you a fighter? -lol

etc...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I got past 200lbs once but I swear the last 40lbs I put on had nothing to do with muscle whatsoever. I felt like the biggest dude in the world though, and all my twinky friends giving me props sent my ego through the ROOF!! My only regret is that I didn't take any pictures. I've never been fat in my life but it was amazing to actually be a fat ass for once. ;D
I`ve got the bone structure of an anorexic mouse.....at 190 I looked like as Gal would say................... a tub of shit.  :(

I was big in clothes for my frame,but I never took my shirt off.

These days,I go shirtless when I hit the mall,go to church,work,drive my car,grocery store................... .......  ;)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Used to be a bodybuilder in my 20's, now at 48 I'm just someone who lifts heavy things and puts them down.

The funniest thing is how normal people perceive you.  Questions like:

1. Are you a wrestler?
2. Are you in the military?
3. Are you a police officer?
4. You must workout?
5. Are you a power lifter?
6. You go to the gym a lot?
7. Are you a fighter? -lol

etc...

I get "Do you play football?" a lot. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
One time, and this is no shit,a guy asked me if I was a professional bodybuilder.

I told him yes.  ;D

tom joad

• Getbig V
i get "Are you a model?" a lot.  

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i get "Are you a model?" a lot. 
That`s a given,along with movie star,and celebrity.  :D

Meaningless

• Getbig III
If prompted I will say about going to the gym/eating but if somebody asks me and uses the term bodybuilder then yes I will say I am.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
I get asked all the time if I am a wrestler. The general public does not understand the difference between a weight lifter, bodybuilder or power lifter. They just clump us all together as a bunch of dumb meatheads. So I always have to explain the difference to them when they ask. You should see the look on their faces when I explain that bodybuilders do Gay for Pay!
Hahahha settle down Fuckers its a joke :)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
I get asked all the time if I am a wrestler. The general public does not understand the difference between a weight lifter, bodybuilder or power lifter. They just clump us all together as a bunch of dumb meatheads. So I always have to explain the difference to them when they ask. You should see the look on their faces when I explain that bodybuilders do Gay for Pay!
Hahahha settle down Fuckers its a joke :)

Typical bber...boring people as if they care.

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
Typical bber...boring people as if they care.

Ummm wrong!!! I am probably the farthest thing from a BBer on this page. Nothing typical about this guy. And I only explain if they ask whats the difference.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Ummm wrong!!! I am probably the farthest thing from a BBer on this page. Nothing typical about this guy. And I only explain if they ask whats the difference.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself bro, no worries.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
I've gotten cage fighter or bouncer...and I'm not even big by GB standards :-\

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
or are you proud to be a BB or embarrassed/ashamed to call yourself a BB?

discuss

Bodybuilders usually wax their entire body, oil up, get into small trunks and pose for an audience.

I lift weights.

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
I tell people I like to train.

Mostly for golf nowadays.

And, I honestly want to get back on my bicycle.

I have a very nice frame/fork I want to build up.  I want to find a NOS Campagnolo C Record gruppo to put on it.

JasonH

• Getbig V
I get asked if I play rugby.

I've never heard any lay-persons who don't know about bodybuilding use the word "bodybuilder". It's just not on their radars.

People at work know I go to the gym but even then for some reason they don't equate this with bodybuilding.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
I guess if people cant tell if you lift then you must look like shit.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
I get asked a lot, but I tell them na im a cage fighter who lifts weights as part of his training

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
  I just say that I did grappling sports in the USMC.

Judo, Sambo, Greco, Free