Author Topic: Breaking Bad analysis  (Read 10786 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Breaking Bad analysis
« on: December 30, 2013, 06:46:04 PM »
So I'm watching breaking bad on AMC, I was a fan boy. So it's the episode he realizes Walt is Heisenberg. Can you imagine the shame he felt, embarrassment, foolishness, inferiority, and weakness he felt about his career as a DEA agent, and failure as a man to realize the Biggest meth dealer is his brother-in-law whom he's reasonably close with and you know jack shit about it. Not even a fucking hint. And you were played for a fool. You, and everyone by intellectually superior and devious human being.

My friends, I don't think this is something you ever recover from. I mean Hank had a panic attack and nearly took out his family on the highway when it happened to him and he touts himself to being a smart, tough guy. Boy did you see him realize his place in life really quick. Talk about humbled.  Anyway this is one of my favorite moments in the show when Hank realizes he's dealing what someone else right underneath his nose. Alright, I'll hop of Walt's kock now he did make alot of mistakes.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Breaking Bad analysis
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 06:49:44 PM »
inferiority

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
I could never get into that show. I think it's because I hate tweakers. Is it really as good as they say, like Sopranos good?

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 08:50:18 PM »
I could never get into that show. I think it's because I hate tweakers. Is it really as good as they say, like Sopranos good?

Better.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 08:52:49 PM »
Better.

No shit? I should probably give it a chance then. Just can't seem to commit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 09:11:29 PM »
yeah, probably better than sopranos.  It's just so interesting, witty, clever, emotional, funny, ironic, all at once.

Lost a little steam after the shootout, but hey. 

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 09:34:35 PM »
Best show I have ever seen, and it wraps up so damn satisfyingly well.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 09:47:51 PM »
Just watched the best episode of the show, hands. down.

Trivia
The episode is named after the 1818 poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley about the inevitable fall of kings and empires.
Hank Schrader is the third main character to die.
His death may have been foreshadowed in the episode One Minute, where he received injuries similar to that of which he got in this episode.
The posture Walter gets into after Hank's death is similar to Gus's posture after Max Arciniega's death. Walt and Hank are also brothers-in-law, just like Gus and Max were brothers in some form or another. This is also reminiscent of a picture portrayal of the poem "Ozymandias".
The pair of pants Walt passes while rolling his barrel are the same pants he lost while driving the RV, at the beginning of the pilot episode.
During the game of chess between the firemen, the WHITE king is cornered, but not checkmated or even in check. The king is simply going behind another pawn, buying time, but not advancing the game. The only remaining White pieces are a Knight (not a Queen) and two pawns.
The final shot is a stray dog crossing the street after Walt goes into hiding. This is the third of three major "dog" references in the show. The first is in "Problem Dog," where Gale Boetticher is described as such, albeit in metaphor, by Jesse to his therapy group. The second is "Rabid Dog," which describes Jesse as a dog that may have to be killed before he attacks. This final one, the "Stray Dog," is an obvious reference to Walt, who is now homeless and without his family.
This episode has the rare rating of a perfect 10 on IMDb.
The Koala Kare changing station logo seen when Walt is changing Holly can also be seen in episode 501, "Live Free or Die," when Walt is purchasing the M60 from Lawson. 
The firestation Walt leaves Holly at is 5 miles north of the actual location of the White residence.
The actor who plays the firefighter that discovers Holly is Noah Segan, who has had starring roles in two of Rian Johnson's films, Brick (2005) and Looper (2012).
Walt abducts Holly just like Marie tried to do a few episodes before.
The flashback at the beginning of the episode is full of symbols echoing the terrifying end of it:
Skyler packs and ships away a white statue of a clown crying blood belonging to Walt, that she's been able to sell for more dollars than Walt bought it, and that they both find now ugly. This symbolizes the end of the episode, when Walter White, sad clown with bloodied hands, is sent away by Skyler with his money, and everyone being disgusted by him.
They discuss the name of their upcoming child that Walt will abduct at the end of the episode.
The knives that Skyler will later use against Walt are conveniently set on the table, their handles offered in her direction.
Walt suggests a short break for the family the next weekend, like he will "suggest" they all pack up and leave for no return at the end.
Production
Bob Odenkirk (Saul Goodman) and Laura Fraser (Lydia Rodarte-Quayle) do not appear in this episode.
This is the final episode to feature all of the show's original cast in new footage, marking the final appearance of Hank who only appears in the series finale during a brief flashback to the pilot episode.
Hank's death scene was shot in one take.[1]
The poem "Ozymandias" was recited by Bryan Cranston as a promotion for the return of Season 5.
In a possible continuity error, the phone number for the White residence's land line in this episode differs from that shown on Skyler's divorce application papers in "Más".
Continuity error: The extractor's van picks up Walt at John B. Robert Dam in Northeast Albuquerque. When the van arrives, a long shot reveals that it is on Juan Tabo Boulevard, a 4 lane road, and is driving north. Walt enters the van, and when it starts moving, it is suddenly on a 2 lane road driving west, where Juan Tabo travels north and south.
Possible anachronism: The flashback at the beginning of this episode takes place during Walt and Jesse's first cook in "Pilot". During Walt's phone conversation with Skyler, they seem certain that they are expecting a baby girl, since they are dead set on the name "Holly", a girl's name. However, they did not officially learn the gender of the baby until Skyler had her ultrasound performed in the following episode, "Cat's in the Bag...".
Unusually, the cast and crew credits do not appear onscreen until after the second commercial break, to avoid interfering with the intensity of the first act.
This episode was the series' most-watched episode at the time of its airing with 6.37 million viewers, but was later passed by "Granite State", which had 6.58 million.[2]
In a September 13th  interview with TV Fanatic Vince Gilligan called the episode "Ozymandias" "the best episode we ever have had or ever will have."
In an interview, director Rian Johnson revealed that Holly's crying "Mama" in the bathroom scene was unscripted. The baby's mother was standing behind Bryan Cranston on set, and the baby locked eyes with her and started saying "mama" over and over again. Cranston simply went with it and the shot ended up in the episode.
Guillermo del Toro desperately wanted to direct this episode. When he expressed this desire to the episode's eventual director, Rian Johnson, Johnson responded "Yeah, sorry, I'm the one who gets to fuck the prom queen"

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 10:28:30 PM »
No shit? I should probably give it a chance then. Just can't seem to commit.

No shit. The series starts off with lots of humor and comedy.  Yet as it the series progresses, it  gets darker and the stretches between the jokes get longer.  There are messages in every  nook and cranny,  even in the episode titles for season two (look at the titles in quotation marks).
 Commit? This isn't a marriage proposal or military enlistment.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 01:09:16 PM »
Breaking bad is awesome.

That and True Detective are easily the best "current" shows.

I don't know what the hell I am going to watch now :(

Tried looking at the Wire.. but meh. Should I give that another chance?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 01:24:54 PM »
Breaking bad is awesome.

The Wire is awesome, but can be slow for some.

The Shield will kick you in the balls on the first epsioide, and never stop for 7 seasons.
Y

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 01:29:20 PM »
hank gets whats coming to him, he should of just backed the fuck off

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 01:39:37 PM »
Best Tv series I've ever seen bar none. Currently watching The Walking Dead but to be fair it's slow going.

Going to try True Detective next.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 01:51:11 PM »
Best Tv series I've ever seen bar none. Currently watching The Walking Dead but to be fair it's slow going.

Going to try True Detective next.

season 1 is the best of walking dead. 

after that, you have to watch cause you know the characters, but it's not as good.  season 3 had some cool parts, but really, they could put DOUBLE the amount of content in each show, and have an amazing show.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 01:58:21 PM »
Love BB, but True Detective took a TV show to an all new level.  The intensity of that show left me gasping for air at times

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »
season 1 is the best of walking dead. 

after that, you have to watch cause you know the characters, but it's not as good.  season 3 had some cool parts, but really, they could put DOUBLE the amount of content in each show, and have an amazing show.

Yep, I've just started Season 3 now (where they're in the prison). The special effects are great - smashing up all the Walkers but the story itself is poor, you wish they'd find a cure and get it done with.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 03:18:59 PM »
The Wire is awesome, but can be slow for some.

The Shield will kick you in the balls on the first epsioide, and never stop for 7 seasons.

Thanks.

Guess I'm firing up s01e01 of The Shield and give it a go.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »
Love BB, but True Detective took a TV show to an all new level.  The intensity of that show left me gasping for air at times

Just finished True Detective that was a great show.  Lot of intense and creepy moments!

spach23

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 04:48:38 PM »
My top 3: Breaking Bad
                  The Walking Dead
                  Vikings

NightTrain

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 04:51:52 PM »
So I'm watching breaking bad on AMC, I was a fan boy. So it's the episode he realizes Walt is Heisenberg. Can you imagine the shame he felt, embarrassment, foolishness, inferiority, and weakness he felt about his career as a DEA agent, and failure as a man to realize the Biggest meth dealer is his brother-in-law whom he's reasonably close with and you know jack shit about it. Not even a fucking hint. And you were played for a fool. You, and everyone by intellectually superior and devious human being.

My friends, I don't think this is something you ever recover from. I mean Hank had a panic attack and nearly took out his family on the highway when it happened to him and he touts himself to being a smart, tough guy. Boy did you see him realize his place in life really quick. Talk about humbled.  Anyway this is one of my favorite moments in the show when Hank realizes he's dealing what someone else right underneath his nose. Alright, I'll hop of Walt's kock now he did make alot of mistakes.

Great post... for a Hewbroid.  ;D

Seriously yea, that's a pretty good analysis.

To make a bodybuilding analogy, Hank has been training for 3 solid  fucking years, eating clean, posting on the boards and envying Groink, A23, MOS, BigRo, Roger Bacon, Avesher. He's making ok gains but nothing that pops out too much. In the meantime, his training partner Walt goes from an ectomorphic 180lb to a 245lb single digit bf monsters of peace in half the time.

While on the shitter at Walt's, Hank picks up a book entitled "Building the perfect BEast" and reads a note on the front page:

"Fella, take 4000mg of testorona EW, 300mg of trenbolona ED and 12IU of kigs I provided you. Love, GH15."

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 04:57:53 PM »

IMO hank is smarter than Walt . Walt had the upper hand the entire time cause he knew who hank was and what he did. Eventually Walt had to show his hand due to hank's persistence and intuition and he eventually backed Walt into a corner although they both didn't realize it as it was happening.

NightTrain

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 05:02:44 PM »
IMO hank is smarter than Walt . Walt had the upper hand the entire time cause he knew who hank was and what he did. Eventually Walt had to show his hand due to hank's persistence and intuition and he eventually backed Walt into a corner although they both didn't realize it as it was happening.

Good point chief but I don't think it's a question of who's "smarter"... Hank wasn't, clearly... he was just more experienced.

End of the day he croaked before Walt so Dar-wins.  8)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
im enjoying helix, and resurrection
A

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 05:39:34 PM »
Breaking bad is awesome.

Try Southland

its fucking tragic that it was cancelled twice, by 2 separate networks.

Easily one of the best cops show ever made, and as good as The Wire, and certainly the most authentic