Author Topic: Balding, shaved head, sunglasses and a goatee (and an optional baseball cap)  (Read 32229 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: Balding: "Like being a ghost, only you feel pain"
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2014, 06:16:07 AM »
You hit the nail on the head, buddy.   
i know a thing or two about hair loss

:-\

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2014, 06:17:09 AM »
A guy I work with just spent 10 grand on hair transplant to cover bald spot. Well it's still there! Waste of money!
are you aware it takes 6-12 months for a hair transplant to take full effect?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2014, 06:20:27 AM »
i know a thing or two about hair loss

I know you do. I give you props when you drop knowledge.
A

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2014, 06:25:47 AM »
I know you do. I give you props when you drop knowledge.
I'm just horribly confused on the whole "DHT derivatives VS DHT" issue in hairloss and steroids

Proviron is 1-dht not dht and is good to go. Only pure dht is bad such as dht creams. No excess dht occurs with proviron simply because there is no dht conversion in the first place with proviron. Itchy scalp can be remedied with nizoral.

So for which steroids does this theory apply as well? Which others can I take?

All of them except pure DHT which I think now is only available in cream and usually not used by anyone.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2014, 02:40:16 PM »
Some hair transplants look horrible.  A good surgeon with an artistic eye can do wonders.  A lot depends on what a patients hair is like pre-transplant.  

It's still just a band-aid. Future balding with most of these guys is inevitable, then what do you do? It will most likely look worse, even embarrassingly so, and donor hair is finite.

Not following you around, btw, just coincidental.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2014, 02:42:27 PM »
It's still just a band-aid. Future balding with most of these guys is inevitable, then what do you do? It will most likely look worse, even embarrassingly so, and donor hair is finite.

this is retarded logic i read it so often

yeah so if they go bald in the end they still looked much better for years than the guy who goes bald right away

end of the road they both shave their head

your point?

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2014, 02:46:25 PM »
Gordon Ramsey a couple of days ago. Follicular Unit Extraction.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2014, 02:46:49 PM »

A person with slow recession or a bald spot on the crown could benefit from a transplant.  Someone with a horseshoe pattern is to far gone.  
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2014, 02:53:03 PM »
this is retarded logic i read it so often

yeah so if they go bald in the end they still looked much better for years than the guy who goes bald right away

end of the road they both shave their head

your point?

Sorry, I was merely looking at the end game. You're right, though, you will buy time. Lots of money shaved off ultimately.

And if you ever call me retarded again, I will kill every chemically-enhanced, balding mudshark in Cuba.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2014, 02:55:43 PM »
Sorry, I was merely looking at the end game. You're right, though, you will buy time. Lots of money shaved off ultimately.

And if you ever call me retarded again, I will kill every chemically-enhanced, balding mudshark in Cuba.
no point in bodybuilding either

in the end we are all fragile old men

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2014, 03:00:51 PM »
no point in bodybuilding either

in the end we are all fragile old men

Not hating, just giving you something to consider was all. Do what you will.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2014, 05:16:33 PM »
Songwriting, I am not gonna argue. It's subjective. But Kerry is definitely the more refined and accomplished guitarist.

I disagree. (You're 100% right about it being subjective however).

I go back to their Seasons in the Abyss solos as an example. King plays first and his solo is quite generic, one dimensional, lots of fancy pitch bends and pinched harmonics. Hanneman's is instantly more interesting and melodic. He switches up the cadence and has a much livelier approach. The pre-Rubin material was similar - Hanneman, while maybe not as technically proficient, was much more creative with his playing. (I will concede that King was a MUCH better live player however).

After Seasons in the Abyss Hanneman became less relevant in the band and King became the unofficial band leader.

(4:05 for beginning of solo's):

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »

I go back to their Seasons in the Abyss solos as an example. King plays first and his solo is quite generic, one dimensional, lots of fancy pitch bends and pinched harmonics. Hanneman's is instantly more interesting and melodic. He switches up the cadence and has a much livelier approach. The pre-Rubin material was similar - Hanneman, while maybe not as technically proficient, was much more creative with his playing. (I will concede that King was a MUCH better live player however).

After Seasons in the Abyss Hanneman became less relevant in the band and King became the unofficial band leader.

Love Hannemans solo there.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2014, 05:57:11 AM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2014, 06:51:42 AM »

The solo is kinda weak compared to Hannemann's because it carries zero mood. The worst comparison would at the end of "Spill The Blood" - King's making some noises and the record ends.
On the other hand King has some incredibly impressive heartless solos which are cool as fuck though - "Criminally Insane", "Ghosts Of War". His leads on divine Intervention are extremely cool too.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
My dad was bald as a coot at 25 and I've still got mine at 43.

I did sport a shaved head for a long time but with the influx of bald English yobs in Thailand, it sort of lumped me in with that lot, so I grew it out again.

I'd go bald again in a heartbeat where it not for that association. Easy to maintain, very comfortable in the hot weather and looked decent - even when suited & booted.

As for involuntary baldness when/if it does hit - I guess I'd be 50 or so and getting chicks is hardly going to be a major consideration at that point - so who gives a shit?

I think it's all about how you carry yourself anyway.

If you feel good, you look good.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
My dad was bald as a coot at 25 and I've still got mine at 43.

I did sport a shaved head for a long time but with the influx of bald English yobs in Thailand, it sort of lumped me in with that lot, so I grew it out again.

I'd go bald again in a heartbeat where it not for that association. Easy to maintain, very comfortable in the hot weather and looked decent - even when suited & booted.

As for involuntary baldness when/if it does hit - I guess I'd be 50 or so and getting chicks is hardly going to be a major consideration at that point - so who gives a shit?

I think it's all about how you carry yourself anyway.

If you feel good, you look good.

TRUE

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I'm just grateful I'm 55 with a full head of hair.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2014, 02:50:36 PM »
I'm just horribly confused on the whole "DHT derivatives VS DHT" issue in hairloss and steroids

Proviron is 1-dht not dht and is good to go. Only pure dht is bad such as dht creams. No excess dht occurs with proviron simply because there is no dht conversion in the first place with proviron. Itchy scalp can be remedied with nizoral.

So for which steroids does this theory apply as well? Which others can I take?

All of them except pure DHT which I think now is only available in cream and usually not used by anyone.

I don't know a whole lot about the chemistry of steroids but doesn't a certain amount of all testosterone get converted into DHT? So pure testosterone and any steroids that are derivatives of testosterone (dianabol, sustenon, propionate etc) will undergo some conversion to DHT.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2014, 02:58:24 PM »
Gordon Ramsey a couple of days ago. Follicular Unit Extraction.

he'll be getting botox injections next  ::)

thebrink

• Getbig V
Baldness although a sign of virility is no doubt a tragedy to men, but why the TOP of the head? Does gravity have anything to do with it? (too lazy to research myself)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Baldness although a sign of virility is no doubt a tragedy to men, but why the TOP of the head? Does gravity have anything to do with it? (too lazy to research myself)

Where you been, guy?

thebrink

• Getbig V
Where you been, guy?

Repenting and eating mac+cheese, things are good.

Glad to see you're still persisting on here dude  :)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »
i know a hair or two about hair loss

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
If a chicks dad was bald, she will be more open to dating a balding man. Even if she tells her friends she doesn't like bald men, there will be an attraction to it...Something she won't be able to deny, it will be in her subconscious...