Author Topic: what do you guys think of my program  (Read 3341 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
what do you guys think of my program
« on: December 31, 2013, 12:59:24 PM »
day 1- chest/triceps
day 2- back/biceps/forearms/delts
day 3- quads/hamstrings/calves/abs/lower back
day 4- rest

Meal 1) 6 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 2 cups of whole milk, 25 grams whey isolate
Meal 2) protein shake
Meal 3) sandwich with some lettuce and tomatoe (turkey or chicken)
Meal 4) protein shake
Meal 5) I usually eat at outbeak or wild wings or something

3 excercises per each bodypart. 4 sets...10-12 reps to failure.

as you can see each bodypart is hit every 5th day. Workouts will last 45-60 minutes tops with very short rest periods to make sure gh production and test production remains at its peak...... Only free weights and absolutely no machines. Dropping the overhead pressing and going to switch to laterals and dumbbell raises exclusively.

l

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: what do you guys think of my program
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:02:53 PM »
Doesn`t really matter much with the roids you are on. Your muscles will grow/maintain regardless of what you lift.  Just be consistent is all.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 01:08:30 PM »
Similar to Levrone's main training program when he was a beast.  Classic push/pull split.  Except you do delts with back.  Why?  I have honestly never tried that in my life.  Seems like a lot to get done in one session.  Otherwise looks solid.  I always liked the three way splits better than 4 or even 5.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 01:11:04 PM »
It's decent, but why fore arms before delts? Cut the bread and milk.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »
It's decent, but why fore arms before delts? Cut the bread and milk.
yeah that one thing i would have changed if it was my schedule, and hit abs after lower back

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 01:17:10 PM »
imho.......don't train tris after chest.......don't train bis after back.......train arms together......just my 2 cents.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »
yeah that one thing i would have changed if it was my schedule, and hit abs after lower back

Yep, I oversaw that one. Some folks start even with their abs before hitting the squat rack...

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 01:22:12 PM »
day 1- chest/triceps
day 4- rest

Meal 1) 6 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 2 cups of whole milk, 25 grams whey isolate
Meal 2) protein shake
Meal 4) protein shake

as you can see each bodypart is hit every 5th day. Workouts will last 45-60 minutes tops with very short rest periods to make sure gh production and test production remains at its peak...... Only free weights and absolutely no machines. Dropping the overhead pressing and going to switch to laterals and dumbbell raises exclusively.

looks good
T

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 01:22:20 PM »
imho.......don't train tris after chest.......don't train bis after back.......train arms together......just my 2 cents.

I disagree.  My arms would be so sore after deadlifting and all the other back movements that I couldnt train them hard if i did it on the next day after back.  Doing them together works way better for me. my two cents thats all.  Reverse grip pulldowns, rows and such always pumped my arms so hard i would feel sore the next day.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 01:22:56 PM »
Legs
Chest
Back
Delts
Arms
REST
REST

or

Chest + Bis
Legs
REST
Back + Tris
Shoulders
REST
REST

Throw in abs 2 X a week on your shortest training days.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
day 1- chest/triceps
day 4- rest

Meal 2) protein shake
Meal 4) protein shake

You say tomatoe I say tomato.

Other than that it all looks good to me my brotha.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 01:38:17 PM »

Agreed.

Best to train arms on one day.
X

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 01:39:44 PM »
Doesn`t really matter much with the roids you are on. Your muscles will grow/maintain regardless of what you lift.  Just be consistent is all.

McGrath always inspired me as a teenager I thought the animal pack adds were cool. When your naïve you look up to the pros. then. somewhere along the lines you wake up ......You realize it's just a game of chemical warfare... and that the biggest leanest guys out there are for the most part not genetic freaks they  just take the most shit and can tolerate the most shit.   It was at this  point that I lost my passion for eating and training hard.

I was happier when I was passionate about training hard, eating clean, and living the lifestyle though so I am trying to get that passion to come from within again...even if I have to lie to myself a bit about the importance of diet and training.  (we both know deep down training and diet means fuck all)  

l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 01:42:29 PM »

Agreed.

Best to train arms on one day.

I DID notice better gains in my arms when I trained them together. so..maybe there is something to it.
l

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »
I DID notice better gains in my arms when I trained them together. so..maybe there is something to it.

It just makes sense to keep all the blood in one area. Plus, after a good chest or back work out, your biceps and triceps are going to be shot.
X

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »
I was happier when I was passionate about training hard, eating clean, and living the lifestyle though so I am trying to get that passion to come from within again...even if I have to lie to myself a bit about the importance of diet and training.  (we both know deep down training and diet means fuck all)  

Training and diet is very important. Don't let c unts trick you into thinking otherwise. Just because it's not as powerful in terms of building muscle as chemical aids doesn't mean it isn't great for the body.

Don't take advice from people that spend their days talking about shizzo.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »
I see no real problem with the split. There are so many ways to skin a cat. Champions have used all different types of splits. I think the most popular through the ages is chest and back, legs and delt/arms used by such guys as Scott, Padilla, and Robby. Another is chest/arms, legs, back/delts used by Yates before he went to his 4 way split. So many in the 70's split the body in half every training session. Dickerson and Mentzer were fond of Legs, chest, tricep and the next day back, delt and bicep.  It's really popular now to train a body part directly once a week. Five day splits are the latest thing it seems.

I use splits but I have made really good progress with whole body routines. Contrary to popular opinion they are a lot harder than doing a split. Start with legs and work down to the smallest body part. With a whole body routine 3 times a week is ideal but if you get 2 or even once a week you are still moving forward.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 02:10:43 PM »
I see no real problem with the split. There are so many ways to skin a cat. Champions have used all different types of splits. I think the most popular through the ages is chest and back, legs and delt/arms used by such guys as Scott, Padilla, and Robby. Another is chest/arms, legs, back/delts used by Yates before he went to his 4 way split. So many in the 70's split the body in half every training session. Dickerson and Mentzer were fond of Legs, chest, tricep and the next day back, delt and bicep.  It's really popular now to train a body part directly once a week. Five day splits are the latest thing it seems.

I use splits but I have made really good progress with whole body routines. Contrary to popular opinion they are a lot harder than doing a split. Start with legs and work down to the smallest body part. With a whole body routine 3 times a week is ideal but if you get 2 or even once you are still moving forward.

Solid post!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 02:12:20 PM »
McGrath always inspired me as a teenager I thought the animal pack adds were cool. When your naïve you look up to the pros. then. somewhere along the lines you wake up ......You realize it's just a game of chemical warfare... and that the biggest leanest guys out there are for the most part not genetic freaks they  just take the most shit and can tolerate the most shit.   It was at this  point that I lost my passion for eating and training hard.

If we take McGrath's arms for example, he genetically has way way more muscle fiber in them than the average man. WAY more. And the attachments are great too.

Now if you said Platz's or Gaspari's arms were only average then you might have a case. Even then, they had other genetically outstanding bodyparts which overrid the poor parts.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 02:19:01 PM »
Legs
Chest
Back
Delts
Arms
REST
REST

or

Chest + Bis
Legs
REST
Back + Tris
Shoulders
REST
REST

Throw in abs 2 X a week on your shortest training days.

wesley, most guys from your generation believe in hitting each bodypart 2 or 3 times a week. Did you ever try that? Why do you prefer low frequency over high?

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 02:56:19 PM »
Looks pretty good, but I would do legs on day #2.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 03:05:28 PM »
I prefer 7 to 8 days a week 45-70 sets per bodypart and 5000 calories a day.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 03:09:39 PM »
wesley, most guys from your generation believe in hitting each bodypart 2 or 3 times a week. Did you ever try that? Why do you prefer low frequency over high?
I prefer once weekly,high volume,high intensity.

A few years ago,Coach (who posts here..little short stocky fucker with a great physique.....  ;) ) advised me to hit everything 2 X a week,I made good progress,but I overtrained.

If I was to do it over again training 2 X a week,I`d do the entire body in 3 days, and then repeat for 3 more days using moderate weight,short rest periods,and training by how I feel on any given workout day.

I`d do this setup:

Chest Super-Setted with Back on M-Th.

Delts + Arms on T-F

Legs on W+ Sat.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 03:10:25 PM »

Day #1 chest/arms
Day #2 legs
Day #3 back/delts
Day #4 off or cardio

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 03:15:06 PM »
I prefer 7 to 8 days a week 45-70 sets per bodypart and 5000 calories a day.
LOL @ 5000 cals a day.......I follow the Go 4 It method and eat that piddly amount at breakfast alone!  :D

Pffffttt !  ;D