Author Topic: Woman discovers the fountain of youth  (Read 63223 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Woman discovers the fountain of youth
« on: January 02, 2014, 12:03:00 AM »
Ageless Woman

Her mother and grandmother both died of breast cancer at 47, and 36 years old, respectively.
Her grandmother’s sisters died of cancer at early ages. Diabetes runs in her family.

Annette Larkins is in perfect health and doesn’t take aspirin.  In fact, she doesn’t take any medication at all, at least by the conventional modern definition. She is a fanatic of REAL medicine and lives by the quote, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ― Hippocrates

Mrs. Larkins grows a plethora of fruit, vegetables, and herbs around and inside of her house.  She collects rainwater and makes gallons of juice from what she grows. Wheatgrass is one of her specialties. She grows her own and drinks the juice regularly. Yet another anecdotal case of raw food and juicing providing overall health and endless youth.

w

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Re: Woman discovers the fountain of youth
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 01:00:02 AM »
Incredible.......very motivational and I have no doubt eating that way helps her youthful appearance.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 03:53:46 PM »
Anyone here do a diet like this for any considerable amount of time?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 03:54:34 PM »
Fake hair, kilos of makeup.

I love eating a kilo of meat every day and taking HGH thanks.

That being said, growing organic food = win.

"Build computers, grow her own food, everything, speak languages "LMAO

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 08:00:02 AM »

Weird how someone would say that with pride.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 04:35:09 PM »
Anyone here do a diet like this for any considerable amount of time?

Yes, I will swear by it, it makes a HUGE difference towards maintaining a youthful appearance.

It's just EXTREMELY difficult to maintain.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 04:37:56 PM »

You have a problem with a man who is in awe of his wife?

Added to her list should be an adoring husbands ...cause one who treats his wife like crap,
or fails to appreciate her can be some of the biggest causes of wrinkles to a woman's brow.
w

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 06:05:24 PM »
You have a problem with a man who is in awe of his wife?

Added to her list should be an adoring husbands ...cause one who treats his wife like crap,
or fails to appreciate her can be some of the biggest causes of wrinkles to a woman's brow.

No just how clueless the guy sounds "she builds computers. she speaks languages" just sounds funny.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 06:06:25 PM »
You don't have to be a 'vegan' to be awesome like this:

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 06:18:06 AM »
Yes, I will swear by it, it makes a HUGE difference towards maintaining a youthful appearance.

It's just EXTREMELY difficult to maintain.

Doomed for failure which is why I'm hesitant to even attempt it.

No just how clueless the guy sounds "she builds computers. she speaks languages" just sounds funny.

Obviously all the excess heme iron has rotted grandpa's brain.

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 09:59:10 AM »
Rain water?  Oh, brother.

The only scientifically proven "fountain of youth" to date is "calorie restriction."  This woman's "youth" is most likely due primarily to very good genes, combined with unintentional calorie restriction from eating more filling, low calorie fruits and vegetables.

Being vegetarian or vegan has nothing to do with it.  In fact, a healthy vegan is more likely to age quicker than a healthy meat eater.

Would carnosine or a carnivorous diet help suppress aging and associated pathologies?

Hipkiss AR.

Centre for Experimental Therapeutics, William Harvey Research Institute, Barts' and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, UK. alanandjill@lineone.net

Abstract

Carnosine (beta-alanyl-L-histidine) is found exclusively in animal tissues. Carnosine has the potential to suppress many of the biochemical changes (e.g., protein oxidation, glycation, AGE formation, and cross-linking) that accompany aging and associated pathologies. Glycation, generation of advanced glycosylation end-products (AGEs), and formation of protein carbonyl groups play important roles in aging, diabetes, its secondary complications, and neurodegenerative conditions. Due to carnosine's antiglycating activity, reactivity toward deleterious carbonyls, zinc- and copper-chelating activity and low toxicity, carnosine and related structures could be effective against age-related protein carbonyl stress. It is suggested that carnivorous diets could be beneficial because of their carnosine content, as the dipeptide has been shown to suppress some diabetic complications in mice. It is also suggested that carnosine's therapeutic potential should be explored with respect to neurodegeneration. Olfactory tissue is normally enriched in carnosine, but olfactory dysfunction is frequently associated with neurodegeneration. Olfactory administration of carnosine could provide a direct route to compromised tissue, avoiding serum carnosinases.

PMID: 16804013 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16804013?ordinalpos=5&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 04:23:07 AM »
avoid meat and dairy and you wont age to fast.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 07:07:58 AM »
avoid meat and dairy and you wont age to fast.

No.  Eat a low calorie balanced diet that includes meat and dairy, and you won't age faster than you should.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 01:18:57 AM »
I ain't no scientist but I have an aunt who for the last few years has noticeably gotten younger looking once she switched over to a all-fiber veggies and fruits diet (non-cooked). The transformation is pretty amazing. Both in the body and in the face, and her skin just looks younger.

I myself seem to have slowed down the aging once I cut out red meat and  dairy. I mostly eat fish and lots of vegetables these days. I didn't see changes cuz I saw myself in the mirror everyday but when i look at pics i clearly look younger now than a couple years ago.

Dicki_Nurmom

• Getbig II
  • FILT RULES!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 02:16:12 AM »
jaguar has been peddling this kind of noise on getbig for a generation

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 03:39:57 AM »
Rain water?  Oh, brother.

The only scientifically proven "fountain of youth" to date is "calorie restriction."  This woman's "youth" is most likely due primarily to very good genes, combined with unintentional calorie restriction from eating more filling, low calorie fruits and vegetables.

Being vegetarian or vegan has nothing to do with it.  In fact, a healthy vegan is more likely to age quicker than a healthy meat eater.

Would carnosine or a carnivorous diet help suppress aging and associated pathologies?

Hipkiss AR.

Centre for Experimental Therapeutics, William Harvey Research Institute, Barts' and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, UK. alanandjill@lineone.net

Abstract

Carnosine (beta-alanyl-L-histidine) is found exclusively in animal tissues. Carnosine has the potential to suppress many of the biochemical changes (e.g., protein oxidation, glycation, AGE formation, and cross-linking) that accompany aging and associated pathologies. Glycation, generation of advanced glycosylation end-products (AGEs), and formation of protein carbonyl groups play important roles in aging, diabetes, its secondary complications, and neurodegenerative conditions. Due to carnosine's antiglycating activity, reactivity toward deleterious carbonyls, zinc- and copper-chelating activity and low toxicity, carnosine and related structures could be effective against age-related protein carbonyl stress. It is suggested that carnivorous diets could be beneficial because of their carnosine content, as the dipeptide has been shown to suppress some diabetic complications in mice. It is also suggested that carnosine's therapeutic potential should be explored with respect to neurodegeneration. Olfactory tissue is normally enriched in carnosine, but olfactory dysfunction is frequently associated with neurodegeneration. Olfactory administration of carnosine could provide a direct route to compromised tissue, avoiding serum carnosinases.

PMID: 16804013 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16804013?ordinalpos=5&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

interesting, good post.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 07:38:29 AM »
interesting, good post.

Thanks Dr!   ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 01:38:09 PM »
Thanks Dr!   ;D

fuck off.

seriously though, carnosine has all kinds of cool properties and makes me wonder how effective it is as a medication for some things. It appears to have some interesting effects on epilepsy as well. It may raise cortisol as well, well in rats it did. I find it stimulating also.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 01:45:18 PM »
fuck off.

seriously though, carnosine has all kinds of cool properties and makes me wonder how effective it is as a medication for some things. It appears to have some interesting effects on epilepsy as well. It may raise cortisol as well, well in rats it did. I find it stimulating also.

LOL

Interesting stuff!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 01:56:27 PM »
LOL

Interesting stuff!

You got nerded on.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.