Author Topic: I seriously don't think it's possible for the politial left to have commonsense  (Read 4801 times)

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
The deal with Coach is that after you have proven with 1,327,827 facts what he has posted is wrong he simply goes off on another tangent or falls back on his "you just don't get it do you" reply.

I have pretty much determined that refuting and debunking what he posts, along with watching any video 333 posts to be a complete and utter waste of time and no longer do it.

well thats because you are a religious commy who wont see reason

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Unfortunately Joe is quite typical. He holds practically immutable positions and talks quite loudly about things he knows, at best, only superficially. When his statements are challenged, he's claims vast political conspiracies and accuses everyone else of wearing partisan blinders and not getting it. He posts walls of text that others wrote and expects those who disagree with him to answer those walls of text. And if they do, he doesn't bother reading or addressing anything; instead he posts something like "Whatever you say Chief" and then moves on to a new thread.

I've expressed my sentiments about Joe before. I've seen this kind before: a hoodlum that walks from proverbial block to proverbial block, flinging shit at all the different storefronts he comes across. When the owners come out, he runs away and does the same thing to some store in the next block. And this is the person we're supposed to debate (i.e. try and chase the shit-flinger from block to block) with? The only thing I haven't quite figured out yet is whether he proves or disputes the maxim that superficial knowledge is far worse and way more damaging than ignorance.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Hahaha, axvo still trying to make his case? Good job, not sure what you attempted to prove here except that Reagan had a difficult time in 81'. Something that was common knowledge but he also knows that he won't tell you is that The Reagan economy in his second half probably had the biggest turn around of any president. All presidents raise taxes at one point or another, this is nothing new but axvo seems to in his own way, without really saying it, defending the left by calling me out. Personally I can give a shit. But you also seem to leave put the end result of the Reagan legacy and what he had accomplished. If I remember correctly. It was Bush that had adopted Reagan's policies that Obama kept in despite Obama saying he would recall everything Bush had enacted....he didn't do that...in the beginning. No axvo, hate to burst your little intellectual bubble but I stand by what I say about the left having no commonsense especially when it comes to the economy.

avxo

• Getbig V
Hahaha, axvo still trying to make his case? Good job, not sure what you attempted to prove here except that Reagan had a difficult time in 81'. Something that was common knowledge but he also knows that he won't tell you is that The Reagan economy in his second half probably had the biggest turn around of any president. All presidents raise taxes at one point or another, this is nothing new but axvo seems to in his own way, without really saying it, defending the left by calling me out. Personally I can give a shit. But you also seem to leave put the end result of the Reagan legacy and what he had accomplished. If I remember correctly. It was Bush that had adopted Reagan's policies that Obama kept in despite Obama saying he would recall everything Bush had enacted....he didn't do that...in the beginning. No axvo, hate to burst your little intellectual bubble but I stand by what I say about the left having no commonsense especially when it comes to the economy.

As I explained, my original point was that partisans from both sides lack common sense. Shit, you yourself are a prime example of a right-wing partisan who lacks common sense.

The salient point of my other post was that your copy-pasted defense of Reagan was pointless in that you weren't really defending Reagan but the hagiography of a man that never existed. Reagan was just another politician. He did some good things, he did some bad things and that, in toto, he was better than average but less than we deserve.

You asked to know where I got my information. I quoted my sources. Can you challenge a single thing I wrote and prove it incorrect or inaccurate? You cannot.

Now you try to play it nonchalant while you backpedal and struggle to make me out as the unreasonable one. Do you think that anybody on here buys the shit you peddle? I'm defending the left? Show me one instance where I defend leftist policies on the subject of the economy, or hell... any subject at all.

Reagan's legacy on what topic? That he cut taxes? Not only is that statement not entirely accurate, it actually whitewashes a lot of other things (some good, some bad) but that's irrelevant.

On the taxes bit: He did drastically reform the tax system with the '81 and '86 tax cuts, cutting the number of brackets but his record on actually cutting taxes isn't as cut and dry. He cut the top rate significantly (and he should have cut it more) but he also raised the rate for the lowest brackets, expanded the applicability of the AMT and a few other things. You can't ask that Reagan get credit for the good stuff and a pass for the bad stuff; that's not how it works. He presided over tax cuts and tax raises.

But that is a secondary issue really: the thrust of my argument was twofold.

One part of it focused around the horrible spending policies that Reagan had which resulted in a tripling of the federal debt taking it from under a trillion to just shy of three... that's pretty damn significant.

The other part focused on the bad policies that Reagan and his administration implemented in the Middle East in general and, more specifically, in Afghanistan. Those policies and those decisions led, inexorably, to Osama bin Laden the terrorist and al-Qaeda the terror network.

You may refuse to acknowledge these facts, but that doesn't change them. Role-play an ostrich if you must, but don't think that other, reasonable people are going to play along with you.

How anything I said above or in my earlier posts qualifies as a defense of leftists is beyond me. That you think it is only shows how blindly partisan you are and how constrained and dependent your mind is. Anything that doesn't completely agree with your viewpoint you brand "leftist".

You are an idiot Joe and no different from the rabid leftists you so despise. You and them, you are brothers in spirit and you are, together, fucking this country up more and more with every passing election.

I've told you before: you offend me and you are a disgrace to the appellation "American".

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
As I explained, my original point was that partisans from both sides lack common sense. Shit, you yourself are a prime example of a right-wing partisan who lacks common sense.

The salient point of my other post was that your copy-pasted defense of Reagan was pointless in that you weren't really defending Reagan but the hagiography of a man that never existed. Reagan was just another politician. He did some good things, he did some bad things and that, in toto, he was better than average but less than we deserve.

You asked to know where I got my information. I quoted my sources. Can you challenge a single thing I wrote and prove it incorrect or inaccurate? You cannot.

Now you try to play it nonchalant while you backpedal and struggle to make me out as the unreasonable one. Do you think that anybody on here buys the shit you peddle? I'm defending the left? Show me one instance where I defend leftist policies on the subject of the economy, or hell... any subject at all.

Reagan's legacy on what topic? That he cut taxes? Not only is that statement not entirely accurate, it actually whitewashes a lot of other things (some good, some bad) but that's irrelevant.

On the taxes bit: He did drastically reform the tax system with the '81 and '86 tax cuts, cutting the number of brackets but his record on actually cutting taxes isn't as cut and dry. He cut the top rate significantly (and he should have cut it more) but he also raised the rate for the lowest brackets, expanded the applicability of the AMT and a few other things. You can't ask that Reagan get credit for the good stuff and a pass for the bad stuff; that's not how it works. He presided over tax cuts and tax raises.

But that is a secondary issue really: the thrust of my argument was twofold.

One part of it focused around the horrible spending policies that Reagan had which resulted in a tripling of the federal debt taking it from under a trillion to just shy of three... that's pretty damn significant.

The other part focused on the bad policies that Reagan and his administration implemented in the Middle East in general and, more specifically, in Afghanistan. Those policies and those decisions led, inexorably, to Osama bin Laden the terrorist and al-Qaeda the terror network.

You may refuse to acknowledge these facts, but that doesn't change them. Role-play an ostrich if you must, but don't think that other, reasonable people are going to play along with you.

How anything I said above or in my earlier posts qualifies as a defense of leftists is beyond me. That you think it is only shows how blindly partisan you are and how constrained and dependent your mind is. Anything that doesn't completely agree with your viewpoint you brand "leftist".

You are an idiot Joe and no different from the rabid leftists you so despise. You and them, you are brothers in spirit and you are, together, fucking this country up more and more with every passing election.

I've told you before: you offend me and you are a disgrace to the appellation "American".

That's quite the quick and rather long response. To shorten this up a bit because I'm notgoig.to read through all of this blather, like I have said before, I may be an idiot, but I was far from wrong. BTW, I have a ways before I start contest prep, in the meantime, I'm just capitalizing on capitalism because I have the commonsense to keep overhead low, profits high with virtually no business debt and not spending more than I make.

avxo

• Getbig V
That's quite the quick and rather long response. To shorten this up a bit because I'm notgoig.to read through all of this blather, like I have said before, I may be an idiot, but I was far from wrong. BTW, I have a ways before I start contest prep, in the meantime, I'm just capitalizing on capitalism because I have the commonsense to keep overhead low, profits high with virtually no business debt and not spending more than I make.

How predictable... "I didn't read. I'm shifting the topic. I'm right, blah blah blah, Obama, blah blah blah." Even if you weren't an idiot, you're casting yourself in that light with answers like the above Joe.

More specifically, setting aside the fact that your "predictions" weren't original and were shared with millions of others, I'd hardly say you have cause to pat yourself on the back. Factor in your birther nonsense... and... well... yikes doesn't quite cut it, does it?

As for your business savvy, you should be proud of what you've accomplished; I say this and I mean it. Every person that bootstraps a business and guides it to profits has my respect. It takes more than common sense, even if it's not exactly rocket science. So props there.

But your gym isn't an argument and it doesn't address any of the criticisms I made about your original post or anything I wrote in my subsequent points. Nor does anything you wrote. As I said, not unexpected. You're validating every single thing the left-leaning people on this board accuse you of.

But anyways, enough of this. Now, to the important stuff!

What sort of prep are you going to be doing? It might be interesting to see some photos and learn a bit about what you're doing. I'm always curious to see what works for others and to see what I can adapt for my own use - not that I plan on ever stepping on a stage.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
well thats because you are a religious commy who wont see reason

No it's because I am a free thinker who isn't immune to facts and "commonsense".

I would suggest you try it once but then you might have a mental fracture and hurt yourself.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.

That is the only thing you have posted that everyone here agrees with.