Author Topic: Arnold at his massivest  (Read 13840 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Arnold at his massivest
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 04:26:11 PM »
IN TALKING TO JERRY BRAINUM......ARNIE AND MANY OTHERS TRAINED MORE LIKE 1 HOUR TO AN HOUR AND A HALF.....AND TRAINED WITH MORE MODERATE POUNDAGE AND NOT A TON OF REST IN BETWEEN SETS.......THEY WOULD TRAIN TWICE A DAY.......MANY CHAMPS DID TRAIN CLOSER TO 45 MINUTES......ESPECIALLY WHEN CONSIDERING THEY ONLY RESTED 45 SECONDS TO A MINUTE IN BETWEEN SETS.
Exactly,the norm for most would be about 1 hour or 90 minutes of training and that would be depending on what bodypart or bodypart split they were doing.

If a guy trained chest and back together,you could see it being 90 minutes to 2 hours or so,but they trained hard and fast as a rule

Arms-45 minutes and if abs were done also,maybe 15 minutes longer

5-6 hours a day?

NO WAY

Also in my opinion,most guys,and I emphasize most guys here,not everybody,but most guys who trained 2 X a day,did so only before a contest.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 04:27:18 PM »
Great pics T.A. !!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 04:28:18 PM »
hey wes....good to hear from you again.....I am going to send a pm.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 04:29:57 PM »
hey wes....good to hear from you again.....I am going to send a pm.
I was just gonna` wish you happy holidays my friend.  :)

All the best brother!  :)

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 04:43:16 PM »

no oil too... unlike guys since mid 90s till now
real men= no rubbers

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 04:48:14 PM »
For starters,most guys back then mainly pinned only glutes..............now a huge go to site for pinning is delts.

I personally do not believe that site injections help,but over time they will impart more size and roundness to delts more than any other bodypart for some reason......possibly because they contain more receptors....I`m not sure.

Better pecs=full range of motion and 6-12 reps,not sloppy half reps or 1/4 reps with a zillion pounds for a triple in shitty form.

One more thing and I know this to be a fact is that those guys had more passion for training as money wasn`t a motivating factor....ie.,they trained harder because they lived for training not a check of $1000.00 which was the Olympia purse back then.

The only thing anyone I knew to inject into their delts in the 70s was B-12.  I suspect these weirdos of today shoot everything anywhere because of the tremendous buildup of scar tissue from so many injections every single day of their pitiful lives.

And if I could look like anyone it would be Steve Reeves and after that Reg Park.  But among the druggies it would be Arnold and then Draper.  Those along with Zane and a few others represent the best of both sides (natural and drugged) coin that is bodybuilding.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »

Here`s a trivia quiz for the old bastards here.......does anyone know what those big rectangular pics are on the walls at the original Golds Gym in this photo?

If you guess correctly,you will win a years supply of Turtle Wax,a new set of Encyclopedia Brittanica,and a trip to Cancun. 

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »

If you guess correctly,you will win a years supply of Turtle Wax,a new set of Encyclopedia Brittanica,and a trip to Cancun. 
Blueprints? Cumputer plans?

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 05:43:01 PM »
Wes, do you think over time that sometimes the constant injections (of who knows what) will cause muscle necrosis or even Rhabdomyolysis?

Of course it will, and shoulder and arm shots destroy nerves that innervate the arm muscles.. Hence old man tricep syndrome in long time delt injectors where the tris wither away. Any long time aas user should inject muscles as little as possible as every injection is literally destroying the tissue. Scar tissue, swelling sterile / infected abscesses ,injection granulomas, and all the contaminants in ug gear destroy muscle.

Those guys didn't have seo to stick in their delts.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 05:46:14 PM »

Here`s a trivia quiz for the old bastards here.......does anyone know what those big rectangular pics are on the walls at the original Golds Gym in this photo?

Railroad cars.

That's what the guys there told me when I went to lift there as a yoot.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014, 05:48:01 PM »
Railroad cars.

I vaguely recall reading that in the original Pumping Iron book

ARNIE1947

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2014, 06:29:49 PM »
 8)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »
how's come that most guys nowadays have massive overdeveloped delts and shitty pecs ???

it was the exact opposite scenario in the 70s

Besides the previously mentioned responses, the 70's guys were taller, and had bigger ribcages.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »
Wes, do you think over time that sometimes the constant injections (of who knows what) will cause muscle necrosis or even Rhabdomyolysis?

I don't know. I never saw a bbers ass get any smaller. I have read studies on synthol eventually breaking down muscle tissue. I don't know if it's because of constantly having oil in the muscle or the much more frequent injections or both.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2014, 06:43:32 PM »
It is a good point and one I've often wondered about. Why the pecs of the guys during the golden age seemed so much bigger and fuller than guys today. And they were using nearly as much gear, gh and insulin as they do today and that's not to mention the better training equipment they have today. I don't know if it's because the delts are so much bigger today that it's an illusion but when you look a guys like Evan who is on everything imaginable and in huge doses with better equipment and advances in training and nutrition you would think he could at least equal what was achieved 30-40 years ago.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2014, 07:05:09 PM »

I'm an old bastard, don't ever remember a mention of it in anything I have read or seen!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »
Railroad cars.

Yes,they are diagrams of railroad cars.

Your prizes are speeding your way as we speak!  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2014, 07:16:45 PM »
I'm an old bastard, don't ever remember a mention of it in anything I have read or seen!
Jeff Preston told me years ago on Iron Age..I think writer Dick Tyler told him..can`t remember for sure though.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2014, 07:17:53 PM »
arnold had one of the most unique and impressive musclature of all time,,no one has that chest look,bi's ,and his back for that era had a life of its own..

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2014, 07:23:06 PM »
arnold had one of the most unique and impressive musclature of all time,,no one has that chest look,bi's ,and his back for that era had a life of its own..

X2

Mclovin

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »
I would like to know the answer to this question
Maybe site injections in the delts??

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »
The thing is he had the perfect structure, large full muscle bellies, a short torso, low pecs and lats, and long peaked biceps. I don't think we'll see another like him for a long time.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2014, 08:17:23 PM »
Not to mention he was a big guy which made his physique that much more imposing. Arnold was King

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2014, 12:46:29 AM »
how's come that most guys nowadays have massive overdeveloped delts and shitty pecs ???

it was the exact opposite scenario in the 70s

Different kind of training, different drugs, free weight vs ergonomically P.O.S machines. For example, have anyone try the wide grip bench presses? Gives brand new dimensions what comes to muscle soreness after chest day. What I am saying is the fact, that if these old school builders used let say 350 exercises with 200 variations, modern builders use 150 and 50. If you think about it, there is plenty of exercises which are "out dated" because there is "better way" to train that muscle. There is more efficient drugs, so you don't have to train as much as these guys did. Furthermore, they used old school method, like clean techniques, good range of motion etc. while modern heroes teach just opposite. If you look videos where these guys are training, you don't even recognize all the exercises and their training look silly. When you look their bodies in their prime, you wonder how the hell it is possible. They know their shit, because they just about invented the sport and training, and all what has happen after it, is endless attempt to get there easier and faster. We have streamlining the training so far that outcome of it can't be same.