Author Topic: Arnold at his massivest  (Read 13772 times)

ganero76

Arnold at his massivest
« on: January 02, 2014, 01:20:56 PM »

hench

• Getbig V
Re: Arnold at his massivest
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
He's been much more massive than this

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »

... or close thereto.  He was actually even bigger at points, 260+, but quite smooth.

Of course, even at that weight, he didn't have a gut hanging all over the place.  I'd be interested to know what he'd look like with gH, slin and test suspension, plus the usual gobs of Dbol.  A lot of people think he'd resemble Schlierkamp, but Gunter's frame is a LOT heavier.  Arnold's got girlie bird bones and always looked a lot heavier than he actually is/was (e.g., weighing ~225 at the '75 Olympia and 215-220 TOPS at the '80 rendition.  Mentzer was an even more ripped 225, considerably shorter than Arnold and was STILL dwarfed Mike).

AVBG

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 01:25:29 PM »

40+ years later and the current crop of superstars just don't seem to "have it"  :-\

ganero76

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 01:44:24 PM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 02:13:52 PM »
how's come that most guys nowadays have massive overdeveloped delts and shitty pecs ???

it was the exact opposite scenario in the 70s

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 02:24:23 PM »
^ thats arnie at his biggest

huge in that last pic.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 02:26:16 PM »
Yup...........probably between 240-250 or thereabouts.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 02:30:38 PM »
Always loved that 2nd shot! Arnold's calves , back and arms look sick!

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 02:52:32 PM »
Yea and that is What you call thick, not balloon like like guys with size today
^ thats arnie at his biggest

huge in that last pic.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 03:04:28 PM »
how's come that most guys nowadays have massive overdeveloped delts and shitty pecs ???

it was the exact opposite scenario in the 70s

I would like to know the answer to this question
a

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 03:12:12 PM »
The OP`s first couple of pics are from 1970........Mr. World telecast on Wide World of Sports..Arnold was very young and nowhere near as big or cut as he would get in later years.

While he was big at 19 and in his early 20`s he had plenty of weak points still and was far smoother than he was in later years as his knowledge increased and as his physique matured.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 03:18:22 PM »
I would like to know the answer to this question
For starters,most guys back then mainly pinned only glutes..............now a huge go to site for pinning is delts.

I personally do not believe that site injections help,but over time they will impart more size and roundness to delts more than any other bodypart for some reason......possibly because they contain more receptors....I`m not sure.

Better pecs=full range of motion and 6-12 reps,not sloppy half reps or 1/4 reps with a zillion pounds for a triple in shitty form.

One more thing and I know this to be a fact is that those guys had more passion for training as money wasn`t a motivating factor....ie.,they trained harder because they lived for training not a check of $1000.00 which was the Olympia purse back then.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 03:23:33 PM »
For starters,most guys back then mainly pinned only glutes..............now a huge go to site for pinning is deltse to pin is delts.

I personally do not believe that site injections help,but over time they will impart more size and roundness to delts more than any other bodypart for some reason......possibly because they contain more receptors....I`m not sure.

Better pecs=full range of motion and 6-12 reps,not sloppy half reps or 1/4 reps with a zillion pounds for a triple in shitty form.

One more thing and I know this to be a fact is that those guys had more passion for training as money wasn`t a motivating factor....ie.,they trained harder because they lived for training not a check of $1000.00 which was the Olympia purse back then.
very insightful    Im betting that's bang on.   I have heard that about delts before which is siorta proven when a newb starts a cycle. First thing to blow up is delts
a

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 03:39:06 PM »
Not to mention they trained 3-5 hours 6 days a week, unlike today with 45 minute workouts.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 03:45:03 PM »
Not to mention they trained 3-5 hours 6 days a week, unlike today with 45 minute workouts.
I work out much like they did back then.  I resemble Arnold,   Only less muscle more fat and about a foot shorter.  and no hair   other than that you would think we were twins
a

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 04:12:27 PM »
For starters,most guys back then mainly pinned only glutes..............now a huge go to site for pinning is deltse to pin is delts.

Wes, do you think over time that sometimes the constant injections (of who knows what) will cause muscle necrosis or even Rhabdomyolysis?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 04:18:19 PM »
IN TALKING TO JERRY BRAINUM......ARNIE AND MANY OTHERS TRAINED MORE LIKE 1 HOUR TO AN HOUR AND A HALF.....AND TRAINED WITH MORE MODERATE POUNDAGE AND NOT A TON OF REST IN BETWEEN SETS.......THEY WOULD TRAIN TWICE A DAY.......MANY CHAMPS DID TRAIN CLOSER TO 45 MINUTES......ESPECIALLY WHEN CONSIDERING THEY ONLY RESTED 45 SECONDS TO A MINUTE IN BETWEEN SETS.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 04:18:24 PM »
For starters,most guys back then mainly pinned only glutes..............now a huge go to site for pinning is delts.

This this this!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »
No clue Adam,but I know lots of people who do over 100 shots a week,and do not look anything like you would think they would using such an insanely huge amount of drugs like that.

In fact,some of these guys look like hammered shit.

Muscle necrosis,not sure,but that many shots is gonna` leave a helluva` lot of scar tissue.

I`m not a doctor,though I do play one on TV! :D

Happy New Year BTW buddy....hope all is well with you and yours.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 04:19:50 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 04:20:41 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V