Author Topic: Ronda Rousey... NEXT best thing for UFC??  (Read 3241 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Re: Ronda Rousey... NEXT best thing for UFC??
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »
Womens MMA is expanding in the UFC.

Season 20 of The Ultimate fighter will feature an entirely female cast of 115lb  fighters.

Dana white has bought out almost the entire strawweight division of Invicta (Womens MMA organization)

He is using TUF 20 to crown a champion. This isn't a typical TUF as the fighters are already pretty established and will be fighting in the UFC's new division later next year. The show will be used to showcase the girls and launch the division, while creating a new champion.

Here are some of the athletes you will be seeing next year. This is a much deeper division than the 135lb class that Ronda fights in.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 01:53:46 PM »
Im seeing a lot of lady haters here      
Are you serious.  Men are supposed to protect women, not let them beat each other up.  So you think letting women beat the piss out of each other is respecting women?  You're a freak!  Do you hate women that much that you want to see them hurt one another?  You probably enjoy looking at a womans face all bloody and busted up, reminds you of your own relationships with women.

Womens MMA won't last, it is a freak show and the UFC is just making a quick buck from it.  Womens fighting has the potential to cast the whole sport in yet another bad light.   Heaven forbid a woman gets killed or seriously injured in the octagon.  It's a sick social experiment that has an expiry date not too far in the future.
V

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »
I respect anyone who fights, men or women.  That said, the women's divisions are very shallow compared to the men.  A female with around 10 fights in her life can be ranked in the top 10 in the world.  Ronda at least has a ton of high level judo matches.  Her judo is amazing.  I don't want to see a 2nd women's division (Dana added 115lbs) televised.  That just takes away more fights being seen from the men's divisions in heavier weight classes.  I haven't seen a KO yet in the UFC 135lb women's division, sure as hell won't see one at 115...which takes away 1 whole element that people like to see.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »
womens mma is a monumental joke. i can't believe that people actually give it any serious discussion at all  :-\ the standard is piss poor, even with that cyborg beast. cheap titillation at best  :-\

yum!  :P

agreed ^

My guess is this the UFC is running out of tricks to keep growing.  They tried to incorporate WWF but it failed, tried to incorporate Europe but its luke warm, bought out and killed PRIDE, then their reality shows, now they've got broads fighting???   I think its jumped the shark.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 03:49:17 PM »
agreed ^

My guess is this the UFC is running out of tricks to keep growing.  They tried to incorporate WWF but it failed, tried to incorporate Europe but its luke warm, bought out and killed PRIDE, then their reality shows, now they've got broads fighting???   I think its jumped the shark.
Theres not a single smart person in this thread...  UFC is a billion dollar business   

Goal behind buying WWE was a brilliant business move to not only acquire another billion dollar business but the fact that WWE has a permanent time slot on major cable stations would allow millions in value as cross promotional value. 
killing pride was brilliant because they are the only game in town now.   Their fighting "broads" because us straight guys love to watch woman in action.       gay Greco roman wrestling seems to be more your speed
a

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 04:36:52 PM »
Theres not a single smart person in this thread...  UFC is a billion dollar business    

Goal behind buying WWE was a brilliant business move to not only acquire another billion dollar business but the fact that WWE has a permanent time slot on major cable stations would allow millions in value as cross promotional value.  
killing pride was brilliant because they are the only game in town now.   Their fighting "broads" because us straight guys love to watch woman in action.       gay Greco roman wrestling seems to be more your speed
In real life, men like watching women fight occasionally as a novelty event, a spectacle.  The moment they start hurting each other it's broken up.  The last thing I want to do is watch two girls attempt to seriously injure each other.  As a man, if you enjoy that, you have serious issues.  The women being allowed in to the UFC was to draw the female audience.  Other women want to watch women fight, not men.  The average women sees it as empowering women, they get to live vicariously through female fighters and point to them as proof of how powerful and tough modern women are, when the female fighters are just the exception to the rule.

Go to 5:56 to see what Don Frye thinks of womens MMA. - Pretty much sums up what men think of womens MMA.
V

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 04:57:14 PM »
If they are skilled, I will watch women fighters.  Being hot helps but is not required.  What I do not enjoy watching is a "female" fighter that is juiced to the gills and has essentially transformed herself into a man. 

This isn't the old days.  Now women are free to do what they want to do.  If they want to fight, let them fight.  If you don't enjoy watching them fight, then don't.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 05:00:45 PM »
If they are skilled, I will watch women fighters.  Being hot helps but is not required.  What I do not enjoy watching is a "female" fighter that is juiced to the gills and has essentially transformed herself into a man. 

This isn't the old days.  Now women are free to do what they want to do.  If they want to fight, let them fight.  If you don't enjoy watching them fight, then don't.
steroids are illegal in UFC  no woman juiced to the gills
a

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 05:03:03 PM »

Hard not to watch the women fight when they are on the same card.  They should hold seperate events for women.  We all know why they don't, because it isn't financially viable, women are riding the coat tails of the men, and costing far superior male fighters a place in UFC events. 
V

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »
steroids are illegal in UFC  no woman juiced to the gills

Bwahahahaha!

OK, dude.