Author Topic: Colorado's legal weed going for $400.00 an oz. Hahahahahahha  (Read 4091 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Colorado's legal weed going for $400.00 an oz. Hahahahahahha
« on: January 04, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Put that shit in a bag and fuck it.  That's some bullshit. Looks like pot dealers aren't out of work. Complete fail.

Your Average GymRat

Re: Colorado's legal weed going for $400.00 an oz. Hahahahahahha
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 10:29:21 AM »
Put that shit in a bag and fuck it.  That's some bullshit. Looks like pot dealers aren't out of work. Complete fail.
I think you'll find that most adults haven't smoked weed in twenty years and dont give a fuck. That is, those of us with careers.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 10:29:47 AM »
Obamacare at it's best.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 11:03:33 AM »

Business is booming. People with jobs, spending money on things they enjoy.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/colorados-marijuana-shops-made-more-than-1-million-on-first

The first day of recreational marijuana sales in the state of Colorado was a huge monetary success, shops said, bringing in more than $1 million in recreational and medical pot sales. Many await what will happen on day two and beyond after Colorado became the first U.S. state to sell legal recreational weed. Washington has also legalized the drug, but sales will not begin until later this year. In 18 other states, medical marijuana is legal.
Worldwide, Colorado is on the forefront of the legalization movement. In the Netherlands, marijuana is technically illegal, but has been widely smoked in Amsterdam and other parts of the country since 1976 when it was informally decriminalized. In December last year, Uruguay became the first country to legalize the cannabis industry, but it has yet to implement the law.
Tourists and locals waited in long lines and endured cold weather in order to buy legal weed on what some called Green Wednesday.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 11:08:17 AM »
In a related story - Oreo sales up 17%

Dominoes pizza up 28%

Doritos up 31%

and Taco Bell drive thru up 74%

dustin

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
No need to be an elitist, Wiggs. I loves me some nugs, but this is a huge step in the right direction. Look at all that juicy tax flowing back into the economy. People are happy to pay a little tax for quality control and being able to enjoy smoking weed and abiding by the law at the same time.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 11:27:47 AM »
Huh.  Cuz in theory they should just be planting the first seeds, no?   ;D

Had me some fucking schwag bags in Denver.  We thought we were hardcore because we'd smoke an 8th.  ::)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 11:28:50 AM »
I think you'll see the market reach a lower equilibrium price within a year as novelty consumers drop out of the market.

Also, the higher price is probably serving as a rationing mechanism by lowering the quantity of weed demanded such that only the people who really want it are getting it, thus assuaging the fears of the 'legal->drastically increased consumption crowd'. Yet the state still has a new revenue stream: a win-win.

Finally, since people could easily get a hold of weed from dealers before, I doubt dealer proceeds are suddenly going to go up much, or at all. Rather, the size of their market should stay about the same or otherwise shrink a bit since some of their former customers will be interested in acquiring weed the legal way, even in the face of increased prices.

Oh well, these are what my microeconomic intuitions tell me. Maybe they are complete shit.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 11:29:38 AM »
An oz. of hydro goes for about 360-400 here in Texas and it's not that great.

Now an oz. of Mexican dirt weed is about 40.

8)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 11:34:52 AM »
im not that much into child drugs. give me mdma instead.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »
In a related story - Oreo sales up 17%

Dominoes pizza up 28%

Doritos up 31%

and Taco Bell drive thru up 74%

X2.

Gym membership  down 50 %

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 11:40:16 AM »
BTW gents, that's 400 before taxes... :-X

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 11:43:10 AM »
Are you on dope?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »
I think you'll find that most adults haven't smoked weed in twenty years and dont give a fuck. That is, those of us with careers.
So you must be smoking your brains out, right ?

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 11:44:05 AM »
There's crazy prices all around.  It's the free market-why would it be any different than a company selling head phones like Beats By Dre for $400 bucks?

If people are willing to pay for it there's somebody willing to sell it.

Colorado made $100,000 in taxes within the first hours of legal weed sales.  

Fail?  Hardly.

Besides, the dealers sell "kind", "hydro", or whatever for $100 a quarter and $50 a eighth anyway.  Regular stuff is $30 to $40 a quarter, $20 an eighth.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 11:52:52 AM »
i dont know much about pot... how much is an ounce?  how long would that last a person?

i bet there are many people, like yuppies or teachers or cops or whatever... that would never buy weed no matter how cheap before... but they'll OVERpay for a small amount for weekend warrior getting stoned.

Plus dealers now know they can deal in a much more brazen manner... their product isn't nearly as illegal as it was last week.  People can smell the reefer smoke, and they can hold up a legal package to explain it away, while carrying on business.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 11:54:22 AM »
i dont know much about pot... how much is an ounce?  how long would that last a person?

i bet there are many people, like yuppies or teachers or cops or whatever... that would never buy weed no matter how cheap before... but they'll OVERpay for a small amount for weekend warrior getting stoned.

Plus dealers now know they can deal in a much more brazen manner... their product isn't nearly as illegal as it was last week.  People can smell the reefer smoke, and they can hold up a legal package to explain it away, while carrying on business.

I doubt it.  With the govt now collecting tax on it, they will most likely come down much harder on dealers. 

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »
Big mistake.

Big Big mistake.

Weed is a 'gateway' drug to heroin and other un-social drugs that people take alone or at home.

It's also pretty mild, but has far reaching schizophrenic properties that are nowhere near as bad in far stronger effecting drugs.

dustin

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 12:00:44 PM »
BTW gents, that's 400 before taxes... :-X

Yes.

Everyone knows.

That's because it's legal. And it was the first day. You're really coming off as a stupid stoner, Wiggs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 12:02:48 PM »
I doubt it.  With the govt now collecting tax on it, they will most likely come down much harder on dealers.  

You could be right.  It's going to be interesting to see how things work now on the illegal end.  I bet falsified paperwork is everywhere soon.  Repacking things.  Delivery services.  Buying, re-selling with different weed inside.  

A crew of 10 kids can now hold ten ounces and as long as they have receipts, it's legal.  Now, the weed inside can be anything, and they're not getting searched.  They can re-sell it, etc.  Or the smart drug dealers are getting licenses and selling in bulk cheaper, out the back of the store?

Gonna be interesting.  As long as they're throwing the book at people that smoke and drive, I'm okay with it.  Plus i bet the Nuggets have the best free agent class in NBA history.  Lebron AND Melo be heading there in June...

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
That...is called trolling

Big mistake.

Big Big mistake.

Weed is a 'gateway' drug to heroin and other un-social drugs that people take alone or at home.

It's also pretty mild, but has far reaching schizophrenic properties that are nowhere near as bad in far stronger effecting drugs.

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 12:05:52 PM »
Big mistake.

Big Big mistake.

Ill guess that was sarcasm. If not momma and daddys liquor supply is the gateway drug, always has been

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 12:10:53 PM »
 Ill guess that was sarcasm. If not momma and daddys liquor supply is the gateway drug, always has been

One of my family is a mental health nurse at Rampton Hospital.

Secondly, a close friend and a prolific weed smoker was jailed for five years after his dealer couldn;t get any weed due to a recent bust, and after a week he bought some heroin off him and long story short, it f*cked his life up.

Weed is fine for the lion's share of users - but the majority of heroin users advanced on from weed, and not from speed, ecstasy, coke or any other 'social' drugs.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »
Big mistake.

Big Big mistake.

Bro science, Porkypie..

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 12:23:45 PM »
Bro science, Porkypie..

You have me all wrong. Im not looking to win or lose an argument.

The figures will prove themselves over time.

Those whom have had a member of the family, friend or whatever dabble in heroin , shall all testify they were a habitual pot smoker beforehand.