Author Topic: Scott Steiner's Chest  (Read 37326 times)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Re: Scott Steiner's Chest
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 03:56:29 AM »
I don't get why he is still wrestling.  Years ago he always spoke that he was smart with his money and slammed guys like Flair for staying in the business too long.   Did he lose his money?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 03:57:46 AM »
I don't get why he is still wrestling.  Years ago he always spoke that he was smart with his money and slammed guys like Flair for staying in the business too long.   Did he lose his money?

That's probably it. Some bad investment forcing him to keep wrestling despite the injuries etc

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 04:22:19 AM »
Vissy's spell lol
Y

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 04:34:19 AM »
He would nt dare fuck with Haku though.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 04:44:33 AM »
this happened to markus ruhl

at the time he said something like: "never inject synthol into the pecs"

i suspect that's what we see here
Ithought he said something about never going heavy on the Smith Machine, as that is what he primarily used for chest.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 06:59:17 AM »
I don't know anything about wrestling or viewer numbers, but his comment on TV ratings dropping when there was only one organisation present is a good call. The 'sport' would do better with competition, eliminate it and once people are bored of one they will not come back. At least with competition there's more of it on and it keeps the viewers keen.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2014, 07:17:10 AM »

A lot of guys have trouble leaving the spotlight. Some guys' egos won't let them leave. Also, many people get bored after they retire.

It's hard for anyone to adjust to life without great income if that's what you're used to. It usually requires a change in lifestyle, or you're going to burn through your savings pretty fast. Some people have a hard time accepting that reality.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2014, 07:50:00 AM »
Ruhl always did super wide grip smith presses.  Could have something to do with it.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 10:21:47 AM »
Ruhl always did super wide grip smith presses.  Could have something to do with it.

I think from going super heavy on bench (575+) and genetics, injury... His brother has exact same type of chest. And both these guys were strong as shit. Genetics for massive strength, short limbs, compact and explosive power. Scott Norton said Poppa pump was VERY strong, and if Scott Norton said that you can take it to the bank.

I remember Steiner being asked the most he's ever benched in an Ironman Mag interview, and he claimed 645 in the mid 90's. I know he was in character during the interview and kayfabe blah blah, but he's not the type of guy to lie about something like this. He also proceeded to downplay how good a lift it was by saying something like "so what its not even a world record" ect. Personally I think the guys legit and a straightshooter, maybe a little bitter yes, but he's not a liar.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:03 AM »

He probably has a solid nest egg, but hey, he's 51 and still making a million a year, still enjoying the praise, still getting treated like a rockstar nightly... people miss the applause fast.  I can't blame him for milking it.  Hulk's physique looked like shit (in comparison) in his older years too... but fans still came out to see him.  I can't name any modern wrestlers, I don't like the sport much, but i'd rather go see Sgt. Slaughter (at 65) than any of these new people I've never heard of.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 10:34:16 AM »
Scott tells how he really feels about Rick Flair, Triple H and Shawn Homermichaels

Worse than WCW was screwed up?

Oh, my God, it’s not even close. You got Triple H, who’s [sleeping with] the boss’ daughter. She thinks she’s the greatest and he’s the greatest. He’s in the production meetings and the booking meetings. You mark my words: He will break Ric Flair’s record for world championships, because they’re both cut from the same mold – they’re both marks for the belt. It will happen. And it’s bull. I think [The Wrestling Observer’s Dave] Meltzer wrote that every time [Triple H] is the champion, ratings go down, pay-per-view buys go down – it’s a fact. But that’s what happens when you’re [sleeping with] the boss’ daughter. That’s the one thing that was worse going up there the second time – she was involved. And the only reason she’s involved is because she was part of the lucky sperm club. That’s her only qualification.

Scott, please stop sugarcoating it and tell me how you really feel.

(Laughs). There are other people that felt the same way.

Was a run as world champion ever discussed when you went to WWE?

Oh, no. I was there for the same [expletive] that Goldberg and Kevin Nash were.

So did you know that going in?

No, actually I did not expect that. I really didn’t think Vince was that stupid to buy out the competition and then bury it. How stupid is that? That’s his ego. He wanted to own the wrestling world. Well, now he has it and look how it’s done. Ratings are worse than they’ve ever been. They’ll never come back because there’s no competition. I hope TNA becomes a viable contender. If things work out the way it happened with WCW, where finally we went head-to-head live, there’s a possibility it can happen. Trust me, people want to jump. I’m not the only one that sees that Triple H is a [jerk]. If they can jump to a better situation, they will.

You mentioned WCW, and you and I were both there when the doors closed. How did the company go from being so successful to going out of business in such a short time, and who should take the most blame for it?

The people that are the most to blame are the higher-ups in TBS. They despised professional wrestling even though we outdrew basketball, baseball – even when the Braves were in the World Series. And then to sell it for $2.5 million? That’s ridiculous. That right there shows you it was a [screwed] up situation. Everybody wants to blame Eric Bischoff, and they don’t know what they’re talking about. Eric Bischoff was one of the best things to happen to WCW because he brought the pay scale up and he wanted to get rid of the old [expletive] that was going on in WCW. Unfortunately, he didn’t want anything to do with the booking. I had a number of talks with Eric where he said, “Man, I need to find some different bookers. Where do I go?” It was hard to find.

You’ve been very critical of Ric Flair in the past. What are your thoughts on his retirement, his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame and his career overall?

I thought it was a joke how many times he cried. Remember the nWo skit when X-Pac was supposed to be Ric Flair, and every time they asked him a question tears would come down his face because he had a pump of water under his arm pit? Now that comes into play as far as what Ric Flair was like behind closed doors backstage. He was a crybaby. He was a little [wuss], man. And for him to do it during the match and then at the induction ceremony, come on, man. Are you kidding me? That’s the way Ric Flair was.

OK, I’m going to play devil’s advocate. Didn’t I see you cry on TV once?

Yeah, but that was for an angle that I did later on that night, and everybody knew I was faking.

I know. I’m just kidding.

He was doing it because he’s a mark, man. It was unbelievable. That’s how he was in real life. Here’s another story: Ric Flair thought his big Four Horsemen were going to come back again. So, [Curt] Hennig was going to join them, and we were going to wrestle them at a pay-per-view in a cage and it was going to be the Four Horsemen’s triumphant return. But Hennig was going to turn and join the nWo. When they told Ric Flair the finish, his eyes started welling up, and we had to leave the room because we started laughing. We were like, “Look at that little piece of [garbage]. He’s [freaking] crying. I’m not the only one who has that view on Flair. If you talk to Bret Hart, he’ll say the same thing about Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels and Triple H. They're all pieces of [garbage], man.

My first two months in the business was my first indication that Ric Flair was a piece of [garbage]. I broke in with Dick The Bruiser, and I was going to go down to the NWA for a tryout. I told Dick, and he said, “As soon as you get there, you drop your bags in front of Ric Flair and you tell him to carry your bags and you tell him I said so.” I said, “OK, I’ll do it.” I didn’t know anything about ribs back then. On the way home I was riding with “Bulldog” Don Kent, and he said, “No, you can’t do that.” But Dick The Bruiser had no respect for him. He said that’s how he got in the business – carrying guys’ bags. Look at Bruno Sammartino – he has zero respect for Flair.

Ole Anderson once slapped David Flair and said, “I’ve got more for your dad if he wants some.” Flair had so much heat with the guys he wrestled with – he had zero respect.

I don’t know if you saw Flair’s farewell address on Raw, but everyone on the roster came out and it sure seemed like they all had a lot of respect for him.

Kevin, it’s written in the show. They have to show up. It’s just like if they tell you to go out there and do a match. They had to go out there and pretend like they respect the guy. The only guys that do are Triple H and Shawn Michaels. They’re three peas in a pod – three guys who couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag. They’re three of the biggest [wusses] that have ever been in the sport. And they’re all friends – imagine that. They all come from the same mold. They were never athletes and the way they got things done was behind closed doors and backstabbing people.

You’re really going to love it when I tell you this: I’m a big Shawn Michaels fan.

Well, I guess if you like to look at gay magazines that he’s posed in and watch him dance around in chaps like one of the Village People or a Chippendale, if you’re a fan, more power to you, baby. Personally, I think he’s a [freaking homosexual].

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 10:35:53 AM »

the Algebra Wizard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »
Better than HHH's PEC implants  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

is the for real ???  

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 01:16:35 PM »
Looks like Lee Priest shit on his chest

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 01:20:52 PM »
this happened to markus ruhl

at the time he said something like: "never inject synthol into the pecs"

i suspect that's what we see here
ur so full of shit.. markus never injected oil into his pecs only bostin lloyd can do something like that...

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 02:16:19 PM »
lol

let me get this straight

wrestling is real, scott steiner is a straight shooter and markul ruhl never put synthol into his pecs....of course who could ever imagine that???!

I'm about to hit the google button on this.  At the time Ruhl was posting on MD forums...hmmm
"