Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy vs Apple IPhone  (Read 11978 times)

MusselFreek

• Getbig III
  • Go Beserk!
Re: Samsung Galaxy vs Apple IPhone
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »
with jailbroken iphone = open source... you do whatever you want on it... it's like android..  :)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2014, 12:36:50 PM »
i hate these fckng smart phones, these screens cant have shit and cost a lot of money to replace.
and you have to charge them every fckng day even when you dont do shit on them.

wow you have internet on it!! who fckng cares, surfing the internet on these phones is horrible.

i yearn back to the days a phone was only for calling and texting someone.
I hate all phones.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 12:38:49 PM »
No lie, my favorite phone is a cheap as shit, piece of plastic pay as you go phone. It doesn't even go on the internet and I only use it when travelling but it does what I want: makes and receives calls and the battery lasts a week or two!
O

MusselFreek

• Getbig III
  • Go Beserk!
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 05:52:52 PM »
I'm sure this child, whom for some reason owned an iPhone, wishes she chose Samsung.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/01/31/news/portland/kennebunk-girl-treated-for-burns-after-iphone-catches-fire-in-her-back-pocket/

HTC One is my favorite phone yet.

this girl shouldn't put her phone in her back pocket... it would do the same if she put samsung in her backpocket too.. no difference...

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2014, 05:55:28 PM »
Htc one

YEEEEES. I love mine. More intuitive than apple, imo, and more attractive than Samsung galaxy.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2014, 06:17:25 PM »
Run a complete top to bottom Microsoft organization, use the HTC windows phone. Work purposes it's the most amazing phone I have owned, lync, sharepoint, crm, office suite, all great experience. Apps are an abomination!!  Awful. I can't even get Über on it??  Or my own bank app??

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2014, 12:56:27 AM »
i hate these fckng smart phones, these screens cant have shit and cost a lot of money to replace.
and you have to charge them every fckng day even when you dont do shit on them.

wow you have internet on it!! who fckng cares, surfing the internet on these phones is horrible.

i yearn back to the days a phone was only for calling and texting someone.

x2

lol at everyone staring at a tiny ass screen

No lie, my favorite phone is a cheap as shit, piece of plastic pay as you go phone. It doesn't even go on the internet and I only use it when travelling but it does what I want: makes and receives calls and the battery lasts a week or two!

i still use one of these

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2015, 10:48:18 PM »
Samsung Introduces the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge Featuring New Designs, Wireless Charging, and Mobile Payment

http://laughingsquid.com/samsung-introduces-the-galaxy-s6-and-galaxy-s6-edge-featuring-new-designs-wireless-charging-and-mobile-payment/

Samsung is marking the Mobile World Congress consumer electronics show in Barcelona, Spain this week by announcing the latest two additions to its Galaxy S Android handset line (previously), the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge. Both smartphones feature 5.1-inch displays, wireless charging, a brighter and faster 16-megapixel rear-facing camera, and a new design-focused glass body that ditches the plastic backing of previous models. As the name implies, the biggest difference between the two phones is the side of the display, which is curved in the case of the Edge, both making for a thinner and sleeker phone and adding some additional features like the ability to quickly access contacts. The phones also arrive with a new mobile payment system in-tow.

Samsung Pay, a new, easy-to-use mobile payment service that will be compatible with more locations than any competing offering in a single application, will launch on Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge in the United States during the second half of this year. Protected by Samsung KNOX, fingerprint scanning, and advanced tokenization, Samsung Pay works with both Near Field Communication (NFC) and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology to make it device, merchant and card issuer agnostic.

Both Android 5.0 phones are scheduled to be available globally starting April 10, 2015.

http://www.nerdist.com/2015/03/samsung-unveils-galaxy-s6-and-curved-galaxy-s6-edge-smartphones/

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 01:00:08 AM »
I have own a Samsung now owning a 5S theres no contest Iphones are superior.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 01:02:42 AM »
Just find what you like and enjoy it.

Do you know how I can find your mom's anus?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 04:08:09 AM »
I'm really happy with my Iphone 6 Plus.

The camera is excellent and is ready very quickly, the battery lasts really long; and the screen is big enough to comfortably watch videos, use the internet and read epub books like a kindle.

I'm sure its similar on the S6 but I'm used to the interface and OS and didn't want to re-learn another system.

I also like the fingerprint log-in.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 04:35:08 AM »
I'm really happy with my Iphone 6 Plus.

The camera is excellent and is ready very quickly, the battery lasts really long; and the screen is big enough to comfortably watch videos, use the internet and read epub books like a kindle.

I'm sure its similar on the S6 but I'm used to the interface and OS and didn't want to re-learn another system.

I also like the fingerprint log-in.

I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade my 5s now or wait for the 6s and 6s Plus. This conundrum happens to me about this time every product cycle. Do you find the size of the Plus to be too much?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 05:23:36 AM »
I've had both, iPhone is better to me.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 05:30:14 AM »
never owned a smart phone in my life. I think it's a bad idea. I would become one of those people who, even if they don't need to do anything- check their phones 10 times a day.

Minus the fact that gps, internet, instagram, internet radio's, image and video modifications would be really handy, I don't REALLY need one, but it would be a lot of fun. Most fun part would be that I would make my ex's paranoid if they saw me doing anything with it.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 07:01:21 AM »
I am trying to decide if I want to upgrade my 5s now or wait for the 6s and 6s Plus. This conundrum happens to me about this time every product cycle. Do you find the size of the Plus to be too much?

Not at all, I find it more comfortable to type on than the Iphone 4 and 5 and very comfortable to use, even when used with one hand.

After switching to a bigger sized screen I won't go back to smaller phone.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2015, 11:05:24 AM »
Really? I'm forced to use an S3 as a work phone, and it sucks. The pentile display bites (I read all my books on it, so this really matters to me), and the stock ROM was very unstable. I'd much rather have a Lumia 1520 or HTC One Max.

im forced to use iphone 5 for work and it completely sucks.

screen too small, have to login whenever i want to do anything.

ive had htc, samsung s2, s3, s4, samsung note2, note 3, android, apple, and the best OS by far is windows. nokia with windows lasts 3-5 days without a charge, smooth, fast, slick- some large screen HD models out there..but the apps selection isnt great. not a biggie though since it has everything i need.

its a shame MS missed the boat on it. im an open soure fan, so admitting that windows OS was the best, took me some time. have gone back to iOS and Android several times- but keep coming back to Windows OS.

its definitely the most polished and fluent OS- and the nokia phones are the best value for money, and dont need extensive hardware for a great OS experience. The bottom of the line Nokia with windows outperforms any android/apple midrange offering.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2015, 04:36:36 PM »
Iv'e been growing very tired of the shit build quality of the Galaxy phones, just got the next gen Galaxy Alpha....very very happy, they completely changed the design of the phone

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »
Note 4 and iPhone 6 are the consensus 2 best phones, pick either depending if you prefer android or ios.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2015, 05:03:53 PM »
Note 4 and iPhone 6 are the consensus 2 best phones, pick either depending if you prefer android or ios.

those notes are too fucking big.  my personal opinion is people look like idiots with those things to their ear, looks like they are talking into a tablet and just looks wrong

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2015, 05:14:10 PM »
Or if it's on a belt clip it looks like a colostomy
bag....I've had the original galaxy...gs3...gs4 and
now the gs5. Only thing I hated was missing phone
numbers when I switched phones.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2015, 05:18:20 PM »
The next Note is supposed to have a 6" screen or something crazy.  Almost half the length of the average getbigger's you-know-what (erect, unstretched).

I really like my iPhone 6S but I've never used any non-Apple smartphones.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2015, 05:23:01 PM »
Or if it's on a belt clip it looks like a colostomy
bag....I've had the original galaxy...gs3...gs4 and
now the gs5. Only thing I hated was missing phone
numbers when I switched phones.

LOLOLL.

check out the Alpha, i was due for an upgrade and was pleasantly surprised

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2015, 05:24:52 PM »
I was reading about the curved edge galaxy
coming out but they are saying it's gonna be
way expensive..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 06:21:44 PM »
those notes are too fucking big.  my personal opinion is people look like idiots with those things to their ear, looks like they are talking into a tablet and just looks wrong

What looks wrong to you, is right for me. Being a senior, I like having a larger screen which is easier for me to see. Plus, I have big ears. It hides at least one ear when I hold it up there. If I go with a blue tooth, then that will be a mute point, won't it?

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 06:50:57 PM »
mute point, won't it?

Not sure if you were going for some sort of pun here, but if not, it's moot point.