Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy vs Apple IPhone  (Read 11903 times)

That_Dude

• Getbig III
Re: Samsung Galaxy vs Apple IPhone
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 07:18:47 PM »
Currently using a Blackberry Passport absolutely the best phone I've ever used productivity wise.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Samsung Galaxy vs Apple IPhone
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2015, 08:44:19 PM »
Not sure if you were going for some sort of pun here, but if not, it's moot point.

I'm old and senile....thanks for keeping me on my toes. Nope. It wasn't a pun.  :)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Anybody switch from Iphone to Android (or other) and felt it was improvement?
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2017, 01:09:48 PM »
Serious question, not meant to sound like an apple fanboy. Santa is rumored to be getting me an iphone 10 for Xmas, so I gave my 7 plus to my mom because her ancient phone was on its last legs. She was really appreciative of it, thought it had a lot of cool features, but from a basic standpoint she's somewhat disappointed. Not to go into too much detail, but the biggies are the fact that she can't charge the phone while talking on her headset, words with friends is way harder to play without the android back button and adding music to it will be way more complicated.

Setting up the phone for her, I'm reminded of all these things about iphones that have slightly annoyed me over the years.I've gone through almost every major generation iphone, but I have had 2 android phones. The major things I didn't like about the androids were the interfaces which I thought were poorly designed, the app selection was poor and most apps that were in both stores had noticeably fewer features on the android. One thing I did like about android was the fact that you can use adblocking on browsers. I still have one of the phones primarily for watching youtube without ads.  

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud

Stick with the iPhone. Androids are for losers.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
Had iphones and android phones over the years but I prefer android because:

It runs on cheap phones. I switched to cheap $200 samsung phones because I always drop / damage my phones. And I have noticed no difference in options and/or speed compared to lets say a high ed samsung S8. So if I drop one and the glass is damaged I just unwrap the next one lol.

Android allows automatic phoneconvo recording apps. Apple does not allow those apps ( I need this for my job).

Android has more options to play with. Not rigid like iOS.

Android sounds like steroid

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Not to derail your thread, Ive never had anything other than Iphones, I'm not a techie but my 6s has been acting up lately since it got dropped in water so I figured it was time to get a new one. I was just telling someone last week, having no idea how much the other iphones cost, that even if I was swimming in cash, I couldn't bring myself to pay over $1000 for a IPhone X, that's just ridiculous. Fast forward to yesterday I'm in Verizon asking about the 7, and 8 only to find those models are friggin ridiculous as well. I think $800 for an 8.. so why not get the latest greatest for $200 more? So I ended up eating my words and will be the proud owner of a $1000 phone when it comes in Friday.. had you told me 10 years ago one day I would pay a grand for a phone I would have told you you were nuts...

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
Not to derail your thread, Ive never had anything other than Iphones, I'm not a techie but my 6s has been acting up lately since it got dropped in water so I figured it was time to get a new one. I was just telling someone last week, having no idea how much the other iphones cost, that even if I was swimming in cash, I couldn't bring myself to pay over $1000 for a IPhone X, that's just ridiculous. Fast forward to yesterday I'm in Verizon asking about the 7, and 8 only to find those models are friggin ridiculous as well. I think $800 for an 8.. so why not get the latest greatest for $200 more? So I ended up eating my words and will be the proud owner of a $1000 phone when it comes in Friday.. had you told me 10 years ago one day I would pay a grand for a phone I would have told you you were nuts...

Read my post. My new $200 samsung works great no diff from high end Samsung S8.
Why pay $1000 for an iphone wich is made from glas on the front AND the back? Pure vanity this is!

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
what are the features of a $1000 phone that makes it worth the money?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Read my post. My new $200 samsung works great no diff from high end Samsung S8.
Why pay $1000 for an iphone wich is made from glas on the front AND the back? Pure vanity this is!

Iphones are surprisingly durable. When I got the 7, which seemed huge at the time, I started a thread on here asking about how people did without putting cases on their iphones. I didn't want to add any extra bulk to it. Anyway, I risked it and the thing still looks brand new after a year of wear.

I think most phones work fine, but you can really feel the technology when you start going up in price. One of my favorite things about the 7 was the haptic response. It's just a nice little touch that adds to the finished quality. I was so disappointed when ios update took it out of the compass. Also, the fingerprint unlock.I'm not sure, but I don't think any midmarket phones have that.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
"Anybody switch from Iphone to Android (or other) and felt it was improvement?"

No, because it's not.

end/

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
iphones are for faggits

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
i-phone is a girls phone.

sorry it is.

get this

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
that's a mans phone right there

ifag what a faggity fone that is pay 1000 dollars for what so you can get some attention for a day before all you faggityfriends buy the same faggityfone ?

why dont you get a stamp 'attentionwhore' on your forehead

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I have an app called one block that blocks ads on the iphone.

I have a friend who is a phone nut - he gets them all, often switching back and forth between them.

He was recently using the Pixel 2 and the Note for android, and thought they were both excellent.  He's back to the X right now, which could be his favorite.

My takeaway from this is that there's little differences between the two now, just comes down to preference.
Y

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
AL ..... !!! I just use my $60 Android cell phone with a $40 a month Cricket plan to call people .... and now you're telling me that I can do other things with it besides calling for a pizza or setting up a game of Poker??!

What can a more expensive phone do??

And believe me when I say that I was one of the original joes who was in the cell phone biz.

But back then those 'phones'  were very similar to US military ammo boxes and you had to say "Over" when you were over and "Hello" to whomever you were calling that you had a connection.

We only rented these phones which included a monthly plan for "air time" and my main customers were local prostitutes and night club strippers  and massage parlor employees who only paid in cash on the same day each month.

But now they are smaller and come in various colors and are capable of doing other stuff rather than just saying "Hello" and  "Over" and callgirl business stuff.

Damn! I gotta catch sup!!!

Here is a question for anyone who has ever been in the communications business ....

What is "Blue, Orange, Green, Black, Brown, Slate"!

If you respond to that correctly, you're pretty damn smart!

Thanks, AL !!

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
well you can surf, but not really.

you can watch a movie, but not really.

you can listen to music, but, well you did that with an mp3 player, which was far more portable.

you can play games, but not really.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
MP Player!!!???

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
thats right, but a sony walkman will do just fine

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Android

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
I have an app called one block that blocks ads on the iphone.

Yeah, i forgot that you actually can use adblock on the iphone, but unfortunately it's only for the safari browser. The progress bar shows up at the top of the screen on video sites, which is why I hate to use it. The firefox browser on both android and iphone displays youtube how I prefer it, but i still have to put up with ads on ios, so the android phone is my preferred option. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Android phones are so annoying to use.  They might be "better" in some ways but I just hate them.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
I refuse to get caught up in a never-ending cycle of technological planned obsolescence.  I also refuse to shell out $1000 for a PHONE, for hell's sakes.

This is my phone that I got circa 2010 and it still works just fine, thank you very much.  But I get lots of shit about it from family and co-workers alike.  Oh well.  I laugh to myself every time the latest iOS update bricks their iPhones or puts funny characters in their texts, OR their latest phone gets a cracked screen from being dropped 6 inches.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I refuse to get caught up in a never-ending cycle of technological planned obsolescence.  I also refuse to shell out $1000 for a PHONE, for hell's sakes.

This is my phone that I got circa 2010 and it still works just fine, thank you very much.  But I get lots of shit about it from family and co-workers alike.  Oh well.  I laugh to myself every time the latest iOS update bricks their iPhones or puts funny characters in their texts, OR their latest phone gets a cracked screen from being dropped 6 inches.

I overpay for iPhones because it's a status symbol.  Hot chicks like expensive things.

Good luck getting your dick sucked carrying that thing around.  Dad phone.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
I overpay for iPhones because it's a status symbol.  Hot chicks like expensive things.

Good luck getting your dick sucked carrying that thing around.  Dad phone.

LOL.  If I were single and looking maybe I'd feel the need to have a nicer phone.  But I'm not, and I don't. :)