Author Topic: Merry Christmas Armenians!  (Read 6117 times)

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
Merry Christmas Armenians!
« on: January 05, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »
Not sure if any of you here are Armenian, or know that Armenians celebrate Christmas Eve on January 5th followed by Christmas Day on the 6th. Either way...Merry Christmas!  :)

http://peopleofar.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/armenian-christmas-6th-of-january/

As most Christians in the Western world are well aware of, yesterday marked Epiphany, the day the Christ child was visited by three wise men (Magi). But for families from Armenia, it was the Christmas Day. It is frequently asked as to why Armenians do not celebrate Christmas on December 25 with the rest of the world. According to Wikipedia:

“Historically, all Christian churches celebrated Christ’s birth on January 6 until the fourth century. According to Roman Catholic sources, the date was changed from January 6 to December 25 in order to override a pagan feast dedicated to the birth of the Sun which was celebrated on December 25. At the time Christians used to continue their observance of these pagan festivities. In order to undermine and subdue this pagan practice, the church hierarchy designated December 25 as the official date of Christmas and January 6 as the feast of Epiphany. However, Armenia was not effected by this change for the simple fact that there were no such pagan practices in Armenia, on that date, and the fact that the Armenian Church was not a satellite of the Roman Church. Thus, remaining faithful to the traditions of their forefathers, Armenians have continued to celebrate Christmas on January 6 until today. “

This emphasis (according to professor Chambersburg) explains why Armenians celebrate Christmas without the materialism prevalent in American tradition. Unlike the American Christmas, which emphasizes a visit by Santa Claus, Armenians do not exchange gifts on Armenian Christmas. Instead, the Armenian Santa (Dzmer Pap) visits children on Jan. 1 — New Year’s Day.

In Armenian homes, the faithful celebrate Christmas from 5 p.m. Jan. 5 to 5 p.m. Jan. 6, during which time they eat no meat, as a spiritual preparation for Christ’s coming.

The first evening, Armenians attend a Divine Liturgy service at church, after which each family takes home a lighted candle to symbolize the Light of Christ coming into their homes. Their evening meal consists of fish, rice pilaf, greens and wine.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
Re: Merry Christmas Armenians!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 01:54:20 PM »
Can't stand her, but even Miley Cyrus tweeted:

(pretty cool, imo)

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 02:03:34 PM »
Just remembered DPump is...Merry Christmas!

The Idol

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 02:21:02 PM »
Armenian=4 syllable word meaning gypsy.

aleksis

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 02:27:35 PM »
Not only armenians.. But russians and greeks as well ;)

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »
I think every country has their group of gypsy, ghetto, red-neck, etc. Not all are, however!

I have never been to Armenia, so I wouldn't even know what an Armenian gypsy is like.

I know I'm not, nor is my family. So I couldn't care less how others live their lives.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 03:26:14 PM »
Armenian=4 syllable word meaning gypsy.

Moron,

That is Romania. Regardless, the majority of gypsies have integrated with the masses, and it is the ones that continue to live in a communal state that are committing crimes and targets of hate. Armenians are cool people. If I am correct, Andre Agassi may have been part Armenian (or was it Irani....oh well). Talking about gypsie, our boy Sev probably pulls more wool than any Getbigger but Gal  ;D ;D ;D

Nico

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 03:29:16 PM »
Moron,

That is Romania. Regardless, the majority of gypsies have integrated with the masses, and it is the ones that continue to live in a communal state that are committing crimes and targets of hate. Armenians are cool people. If I am correct, Andre Agassi may have been part Armenian (or was it Irani....oh well). Talking about gypsie, our boy Sev probably pulls more wool than any Getbigger but Gal  ;D ;D ;D

Nico

Thank you! And yes, Agassi's father is Armenian.

Who's Sev? He's Armenian?

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 03:36:24 PM »
Thank you! And yes, Agassi's father is Armenian.

Who's Sev? He's Armenian?

My friend I think he is Romanian. Cool dude and posts insightful posts usually.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 03:41:56 PM »
My friend I think he is Romanian. Cool dude and posts insightful posts usually.

Cool...I've only known 1 Romanian and she was so nice. I don't know much about them though.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 03:50:03 PM »
Look at some of the threads. Sev is the infamous Getbigger who can look small and soft as the Pillsbury Dough Boy, and then he gets his ass serious, eats clean, uses a little testosterone, and works out like mad and transforms in weeks to a Jason Stathom looking Mofo with an eight pack  ;D ;D ;D. Pisses a lot of the permabulkers around here off lol.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 03:50:39 PM »
Sev is the Cleanest Natural  ;)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »
Sev is the Cleanest Natural  ;)

Oh, but he is so much more than that.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 04:49:21 PM »
Look at some of the threads. Sev is the infamous Getbigger who can look small and soft as the Pillsbury Dough Boy, and then he gets his ass serious, eats clean, uses a little testosterone, and works out like mad and transforms in weeks to a Jason Stathom looking Mofo with an eight pack  ;D ;D ;D. Pisses a lot of the permabulkers around here off lol.

Makes me a little jealous too lol

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 05:19:09 PM »
Remember what Hitler said about the Armenians?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 05:41:53 PM »
Hitler lit a candle in memoriam armenicus only to put it out with a waffenfart.

Btw, Merry Christmas to the Kardashians.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 05:55:46 PM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »
I guess you do.

Yes...and it was not nice!  :-\

But when was Hitler ever nice?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 06:53:30 PM »

The Armenian Genocide by the Ottomans to be more precise.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 06:56:57 PM »
Merry Christmas to 38 26 40, we need to find you a nickname, I cant remember these numbers.

Also merry Christmas to Cher and Gwen Stefani found not shes not Armenian..Merry Christmas to Andre aggasi too great player. Merry Christmas to every cab driver in LA.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 07:18:35 PM »
Not only armenians.. But russians and greeks as well ;)

Ah, NO... Russian Christmas Day is Tuesday.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 07:23:58 PM »
Merry Christmas to 38 26 40, we need to find you a nickname, I cant remember these numbers.

Also merry Christmas to Cher and Gwen Stefani found not shes not Armenian..Merry Christmas to Andre aggasi too great player. Merry Christmas to every cab driver in LA.

Thanks QB...what should I change it to?

Lmao about the cab drivers! Haha

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »
The Armenians haven't achieved anything of note in their history other than almost getting wiped out once (they failed) and producing a few chicks with nice bums. Here's to a better millenium.

The Idol

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 07:32:53 PM »
Moron,

Nico
The Roma culture is not from Romania. Gypsies originated in India and spread across Asia and Europe over the centuries. There are many Gypsies in Armenia. You should do the research before saying foolish things.