Author Topic: dark blood  (Read 3070 times)

spiro

• Getbig IV
dark blood
« on: January 06, 2014, 04:01:51 PM »
I pinned my left side delt today when I pulled back the plunger it started to fill up fast with dark res blood. I got another clean needle and filled it up twice! Thing is it wasn't terribly sore or anything pretty sure I drained most or not all of it out. Happen to anyone else? Prob the start of an infection?

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: dark blood
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 05:14:14 PM »
I'll go out on a limb here and say that probably shouldn't happen.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 05:19:52 PM »
What are you running?

I've had that happen a few times.

8)

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 05:39:46 PM »
Just some test right now. Been hitting my delts alot to give my glutes a rest.

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 10:56:42 AM »
Wtf is dark blood?
$

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 01:15:02 PM »
Wtf is dark blood?

I don't know man it just appeared to be really thick and almost black. Color is prob normal I actually didn't see any puss.

dustin

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 01:18:23 PM »
It sounds normal, bro. If there's no pus and no pain, you're probably just sketching out. It's probably just darker than you expect. If it was infected you wouldn't be pulling out syringes of blood so nonchalantly, it'd be very painful.

I've had sterile abscesses and maybe it's just me, but I'd have a hard time stabbing it and stabbing it. It'd probably end up CAUSING a bacterial infection to be honest. Keep an eye on it and get lots of rest, bro. Hopefully nothing more than a scare.

macos

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 08:32:56 PM »
I don't know man it just appeared to be really thick and almost black. Color is prob normal I actually didn't see any puss.
lol...dim lights bro :p
$

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 08:38:52 PM »
And this is why I never do delts for shots EVER.  I hit a vessel on the way in with the needle, felt that spasm sensation, and pulled the needle out.  Three geysers of blood sprayed all over my white wall before I could drop the syringe and grab a tissue to put over the geyser.  Soaked through it and had to go through a couple more before it slowed down.  Had a massive clot the size of a grapefruit in my delt for weeks and it was PAINFUL. 

You probably did a similar thing to what I did but you hit a smaller vein and it didnt gush out like mine did.  Infection is a whole different set of things going on, not what you described at all.  Fuck doing delts for any shots, not worth it imo.

macos

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 08:42:19 PM »
And this is why I never do delts for shots EVER.  I hit a vessel on the way in with the needle, felt that spasm sensation, and pulled the needle out.  Three geysers of blood sprayed all over my white wall before I could drop the syringe and grab a tissue to put over the geyser.  Soaked through it and had to go through a couple more before it slowed down.  Had a massive clot the size of a grapefruit in my delt for weeks and it was PAINFUL. 

You probably did a similar thing to what I did but you hit a smaller vein and it didnt gush out like mine did.  Infection is a whole different set of things going on, not what you described at all.  Fuck doing delts for any shots, not worth it imo.
A lot of vaccines are done in the Delts
$

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 11:52:08 AM »
A lot of vaccines are done in the Delts

I know, i'm not saying don't do delts yourself, I never do them because of my experiences.  I have had multiple instances where things have gone wrong.  Some guys have no problems with delts but tons with quads for example.  I have no problems in quads or glutes, but fucking hell my delts were a nightmare. 

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 11:22:33 AM »

The same thing has happened to me as well.. Actually 2 times and it's only ever happened in my left delt

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 03:56:39 PM »
I've been pinning my flutes for years the scar tissue has gotten bad.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 06:20:28 PM »
The same thing has happened to me as well.. Actually 2 times and it's only ever happened in my left delt

Me too!! WTF is the left delt some kind of hotbed of vessels or something  :D

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »
Me too!! WTF is the left delt some kind of hotbed of vessels or something  :D

I really don't know what it is but I have never had an issue with my right delt

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 03:12:38 AM »
lol a guy i know had shot his delts too and got inflammation, my goodness,it was literalythe size of a football ;D

another had abscess in glutes and actualy had to have surgery to remove some muscle tissue there :-X

dark blld sounds very vague. blood happens to be dark ;D
n

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 07:28:59 PM »
I'm going to break the norm here and say that I have never, ever, EVER pulled back the plunger anytime I have taken an injection.  Nor has anyone I ever known to do the same.

If you got that needle in there and trying to fiddle around with it drawing back and shit... you are just going to eventually move it a bit and clip a vein. 

Not saying you shouldn't draw back.... Steroids 101 says you should.  Just saying I don't waste time with that shit.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 07:59:39 PM »
I'm going to break the norm here and say that I have never, ever, EVER pulled back the plunger anytime I have taken an injection.  Nor has anyone I ever known to do the same.

If you got that needle in there and trying to fiddle around with it drawing back and shit... you are just going to eventually move it a bit and clip a vein. 

Not saying you shouldn't draw back.... Steroids 101 says you should.  Just saying I don't waste time with that shit.

Nurses don't either
The chances of IVing it are impossibly small

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 08:04:11 PM »
Nurses don't either
The chances of IVing it are impossibly small
neither do doctors.

n

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 10:56:54 AM »
I pinned my left side delt today when I pulled back the plunger it started to fill up fast with dark res blood. I got another clean needle and filled it up twice! Thing is it wasn't terribly sore or anything pretty sure I drained most or not all of it out. Happen to anyone else? Prob the start of an infection?

Can be due to a higher concentration of red blood cells, more than likely if you're running eq.