Author Topic: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates  (Read 181576 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: 16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates
« Reply #1450 on: April 12, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »
Right?  He is so full of crap. 

You're right about Dr. Carson and the Jersey Jumbo... They are both very upset, and I imagine rightfully so to hear this.

Hopefully they wise up and pull their support.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #1451 on: April 12, 2016, 12:13:54 PM »
What a clown.  Dr. Carson and Fat Man are not happy about this development. 

Trump: I'd Consider Rubio, Kasich, Walker for VP

it's lowbrow pandering for those delegates and supporters. 

Trump looks so unbelievably see-thru now... zero fortitude, zero beliefs... so flexible from day to day, just changing positions with the wind. 

All those repubs that said Trump was different... you look pretty stupid now. Trump is below-average intelligence politically, no denying it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1452 on: April 13, 2016, 09:23:55 AM »
Trump is the biggest crybaby on the political scene. 

Trump draws RNC rebuke over ‘rigged’ primary charge, missing key deadlines
Published April 13, 2016 
FoxNews.com

While Donald Trump turns his campaign attacks toward his own party -- alleging the nominating process is “rigged” -- he's missing critical deadlines and being outmaneuvered by the Ted Cruz campaign, as frustrated party leaders tell the front-runner: "Give us all a break."

The billionaire businessman said Tuesday night at a CNN town hall that he knows the rules “very well” but those rules are “stacked” against him by the establishment.

That prompted a cutting retort from Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus.

The dispute over process is building as Cruz’s operation has proved more adroit lately in getting supporters elected as the actual delegates who will attend July’s convention. Last weekend at the Colorado state convention, he gained all 34 delegates to this summer's convention in Cleveland.

On the sidelines, he’s also working to get allies elected as delegates in states that – unlike Colorado – hold traditional primaries and caucuses that allocate delegates based on voting.

In those states, delegates “bound” to Trump or Cruz or Ohio Gov. John Kasich would have to vote for their respective candidates on the first ballot at the convention. But if there’s an open convention – meaning nobody has the necessary 1,237 delegate to clinch the nomination – Cruz is banking on his delegate allies to surge over to his side on a second ballot, which many would be allowed to do.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that based on their own analysis, Cruz could pick up at least 130 – and as many as 170 or more – additional delegate votes on the second ballot at an open convention.

This would make it even harder for Trump to lock down the nomination, upping the pressure on the front-runner to clinch the party nod by the final June contests. The campaign has insisted they can do this, and that Cruz won’t get the opportunity to use his backup delegate allies on a second ballot.

But the Trump campaign has made it harder on itself by missing crucial deadlines in a number of states to lock up delegates who would stay loyal beyond the first ballot.

Trump's team is only now starting to engage in the delegate selection process, the choosing of the actual people who will attend and vote at the convention. Republicans have already selected delegates in at least nine states. And in others, such as Virginia and Arizona, the deadline to apply to be a delegate has passed.

Indiana's primary, for example, won't take place until next month. But the deadline to become a national convention delegate was in mid-March. Anti-Trump forces reportedly have already been lining up delegates who would turn on Trump at a contested convention.

"Are we concerned? Yes, definitely," said Tony Samuel, vice chairman of Trump's Indiana campaign.

The Cruz team feels the opposite.

Delegates Pledged to Republican Candidates Over Time | InsideGov
"Even if (Trump) jumped into high gear, he can't do it," said Shak Hill, a Cruz campaign leader in Virginia. "That's where he's been shut out of the game."

Trump is just ramping up his operation, but in some states he's too late.

In Virginia — a state where Trump won the primary — he has missed the deadlines to assemble lists of potential delegates. Cruz, however, has delegate candidates in 10 of Virginia's 11 congressional districts.

The application deadline was last month.

Indiana's primary is May 3, but 27 of the state's 57 delegates — the actual people — have already been selected at congressional district caucuses. The deadline to register as a candidate for delegate was March 15.

In the at least nine states that have picked some or all of their delegates, Trump has won a total of 100 delegates in primaries and caucuses in these states. In most, however, the candidates had no formal role in selecting the people who will fill those slots.

Trump, meanwhile, is banking on rallying popular support – which so far has kept him far out in front in the Republican field – in hopes of winning the nomination outright.

"Our Republican system is absolutely rigged. It's a phony deal," Trump told a rally in a packed airport hangar in Rome, N.Y., Tuesday evening.

"These are dirty tricksters," he said, placing the blame on the Republican National Committee. "They should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this kind of crap to happen," he added.

He went further a few hours later during the CNN town hall in New York City, suggesting the RNC was actively working to defeat him.

"The RNC doesn't like this happening. They don't like that I'm putting up my own money because it means they don't have any control over me," Trump said.

Cruz tore into Trump in a radio interview Tuesday, accusing his rival of being a bully, inciting violence and using dirty tricks to intimidate voters and delegates. Cruz unloaded on Trump over reports that his supporters were publishing the home addresses of delegates in Colorado and threatening to make public the hotel room numbers of delegates at the convention this summer.

"That is the tactic of union thugs," Cruz told host Glenn Beck. "That is violence. It is oppressive."

Cruz conceded that Trump will do well in upcoming primaries, including in Trump's home state of New York next Tuesday. Cruz said he will fare better when the race shifts back west to Indiana, Nebraska, South Dakota and Montana, before finishing in California on June 7.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/13/trump-draws-rnc-rebuke-over-rigged-primary-charge-missing-key-deadlines.html?intcmp=hpbt1

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1453 on: April 13, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »
Trump is the biggest crybaby on the political scene. 

"But I like so many of his ideas"

- Gutless republicans, 2016, who just woke up to his reckless liberal nature.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1454 on: April 13, 2016, 02:21:48 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1455 on: April 14, 2016, 09:54:14 AM »
Cruz on Rubio for VP: 'You’d be a fool not to consider him’
By Mark Hensch
April 13, 2016

GOP presidential candiate Ted Cruz on Wednesday said that any White House hopeful would be lucky to add Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) to his or her ticket.

“Anyone would naturally look at Marco as a terrific candidate for vice president,” he said during a CNN town hall in New York. "You’d be a fool not to consider him. He’s very, very talented. I think the world of Marco.

“He is one of the best communicators in the Republican Party," the Texas senator added. "He ran a campaign that inspired millions of people. It inspired me.”
Cruz stopped short of saying Rubio, who ended his own bid for the White House in March, is in the mix for his potential running mate.

“We’re in the process of looking now at a number of different options,” he told host Anderson Cooper. "I think very, very highly of Marco.”

Cruz also said he bears no ill will toward Rubio after they sometimes traded barbs during the Republican primary.

“It’s a campaign,” he said. "He was trying to beat me, I was trying to beat him. That’s what happens in a campaign.”

Rubio praised Cruz earlier on Wednesday, arguing that his former rival remains the only true conservative in the GOP nominating race.

"[He is the] only one that fits that criteria,” he said of Cruz on “Levin TV,” before adding he means candidates “actively campaigning.”

Rubio suspended his own Oval Office bid last month after finishing second in his home state’s GOP presidential primary.

Donald Trump leads Cruz in the GOP nominating race by approximately 7 points nationwide, according to the latest RealClearPolitics average of polls.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/276257-cruz-on-rubio-for-vp-youd-be-a-fool-not-to-consider-him

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1456 on: April 18, 2016, 11:22:44 AM »
Exactly.

John Sununu: Trump 'Wasn't Smart Enough' To Pay Attention to Delegate Process

Image: John Sununu: Trump 'Wasn't Smart Enough' To Pay Attention to Delegate Process (Photo by Eduardo Munoz Alvarez/Getty Images)
By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   Monday, 18 Apr 2016

Donald Trump is arguing that the delegate elections system is rigged because he "hasn't done his homework on it and he hasn't paid attention" about a voting process that has been place for years, former New Hampshire Gov. John Sununu said Monday.

"Just because he wasn't smart enough to pay attention, he is trying now to bully the process with his rhetoric," Sununu told Fox News' Bill Hemmer on the "America's Newsroom" program. "Every state is entitled to choose their own process. And every candidate, including all the other candidates, paid attention to that. But he chose to try run a campaign on hot rhetoric instead of doing his homework."

Trump's claims that the elections system is rigged against outsider candidates like himself grew over the weekend after Wyoming's state convention awarded all 14 of its delegates to his main rival, Ted Cruz.

"Wyoming has a process where they select delegates through a series of caucuses starting at the community, through the counties, and then to the state," said Sununu. "That's been in place for years."

Meanwhile, Sununu said Trump will be in trouble at the Cleveland convention this summer if he does not have 1,237 delegates, the minimum he needs to claim the presidential nomination on the first ballot.

And even though a new poll Wall Street Journal poll shows that most people believe the candidate with the most votes should have the nomination, it must be the majority, not the most votes from the delegates, said Sununu, and he doesn't think that will happen, even considering the number of unbound delegates that will be available.

"Most of those unbound delegates can't stand him," Sununu argued. "He has to try to win on the first ballot because a lot of his delegates also can't stand him, and they will abandon him on the second."

Sununu, the former White House chief of staff for President George H.W. Bush, also chaired the rules committee for the 2012 GOP convention, and pushed back against some in the party who want to change the event's rules before it convenes.

The convention rules "can't" be the same this year as they were in 2012, said Sununu, because "every convention has to adopt its own rules that deals with the time frame they're in and process that is taking place."

The Republican National Committee, led by Chairman Reince Priebus, has its own rules committee, Sununu continued, but "that rules committee cannot and should not try to change the rules for the convention. The convention should have its rules established by the convention rules committee that will meet a day or two before the opening of the convention and establish the rules."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/donald-trump-delegate-process-elections/2016/04/18/id/724481/#ixzz46Cgv3dVU

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1457 on: April 18, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »
Exactly.

John Sununu: Trump 'Wasn't Smart Enough' To Pay Attention to Delegate Process

I disagree.   I think this whole delegate mess is Trump's way to bail out of the race and save face.   He doesn't win enough delegates, he blames 'the system' and he gets to save face and scoot on out of the race. 

Trump is an amazing marketer, but he's not the guy who wants to read boring documents for 14 hours a day.  He's nearly 70 and he lives like royalty already.  President, as a job, would be harder and way more stressful than what he does now.  He's a ribbon cutter now. 

Whatever his purpose for this race - raise his profile, win it for clinton, just make noise about some issues... whatever the case, he's come pretty far now and sees this delegate mess as a way out.  After losing the first state, he repeated this 'mistake' in Colorado.  And he JUST sent his team to Cali to get started.  IMO, he's purposely underperforming in any place where delegate/shady party practices can be blamed.

He can save face, slink out the door as the people's champion, and return to being 'the man' on his own terms. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1458 on: April 18, 2016, 06:56:13 PM »
This thread has become like a therapy session for Trump haters.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1459 on: April 19, 2016, 10:31:06 AM »
Donald Trump's field director resigns
By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
Mon April 18, 2016

(CNN)Donald Trump's national field director resigned Monday amid a staff shakeup that put Scott Walker's former campaign manager in charge of the campaign's ground operation.

Stuart Jolly, the national field director, tendered his resignation to Trump, two days after Trump met with senior staff and officially elevated Trump's recently-hired national political director Rick Wiley above Jolly.

"I left. I wasn't pushed, I wasn't shoved, I wasn't asked to leave," Jolly told CNN Monday in a phone interview.

Jolly was a longtime loyalist to Trump's campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, and Jolly's departure shrinks the circle of loyal aides Lewandowski has around him as Paul Manafort, Trump's recent hire to manage the convention strategy, gains more clout in the Trump campaign.

"I don't want to hurt Mr. Trump and I certainly don't want to hurt Corey," Jolly told CNN, adding that it was simply time to leave amid the campaign shakeup.
Politico first reported the resignation Monday.

Jolly said he is encouraging his field staff to stay on with the campaign.

"You gotta love and respect the people you work for. Things were changing so I'm going to give them an opportunity," Jolly said. "I would obviously have less input."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/18/politics/donald-trump-field-director-resigns/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1460 on: April 19, 2016, 10:34:12 AM »
Trump, in interviews and debates, “comes off like a third grader faking his way through an oral report on current affairs.”  lol  Truth. 

According to Republican operative Cheri Jacobus, she met twice with Corey Lewandowski but the meetings did not result in her joining the Trump campaign. | AP Photo
GOP operative sues Trump, Lewandowski for defamation
By BEN SCHRECKINGER
04/18/16 0

A veteran Republican operative filed a defamation suit against Donald Trump and his campaign manager in New York on Monday over statements the pair made earlier this year portraying her as a spurned job-seeker with a grudge against the Republican front-runner.

The suit, brought in New York County by communications strategist Cheri Jacobus, seeks $4 million in damages as well as unspecified punitive damages and court costs. It alleges that Trump and campaign manager Corey Lewandowski falsely and knowingly impugned her professional reputation in retaliation for her criticisms of Trump’s performance as a candidate.

The case again casts a cloud of legal trouble over Trump’s campaign just four days after a prosecutor in Florida announced his decision not to pursue a criminal battery case against Lewandowski for an unrelated March incident in which he grabbed Michelle Fields, then a reporter for Breitbart, by the arm.

The complaint stems from comments Lewandowski and Trump made in late January and early February following Jacobus’ January 26 assertion on CNN that Trump, in interviews and debates, “comes off like a third grader faking his way through an oral report on current affairs.”

The next day, on MSNBC’s Morning Joe, Lewandowski said that Jacobus “came to the office on multiple occasion trying to get a job from the Trump campaign, and she wasn’t hired clearly she went off and was upset by that.”

Following a February 2 CNN appearance in which Jacobus criticized Trump’s claim that he does not get enough credit for self-funding his campaign, the businessman tweeted “@cherijacobus begged us for a job. We said no and she went hostile. A real dummy!”

On Feb. 5, two days after a lawyer for Jacobus sent Trump and Lewandowski a cease-and-desist letter in response to those comments, and one day after POLITICO reported on the letter, Trump tweeted, “Really dumb @CheriJacobus. Begged my people for a job. Turned her down twice and she went hostile. Major loser, zero credibility!”

According to Jacobus, the campaign first reached out to her last spring through a former Trump aide, Jim Dornan. She met twice with Lewandowski but the meetings did not result in her joining the campaign. A person involved in the preparations for Trump’s campaign has previously confirmed that version of events to POLITICO.

According to the complaint, Jacobus decided she did not want a job with the campaign after encountering Lewandowski’s “boorish behavior.”

Citing comments Jacobus made last summer on CNN defending Trump from charges of racism, the complaint makes the case that — contrary to Trump’s and Lewandowski’s accusations — she was not embittered by her prior interactions with the campaign.

The suit further alleges that Trump and the campaign bore a grudge against Jacobus for providing information to a Washington Post reporter for an article last fall about the pro-Trump Make America Great Again super PAC, which had close ties to the campaign and was run by an associate of Lewandowski’s. Following the Post’s reporting, the super PAC shut down.

A spokeswoman for Trump’s campaign, the general counsel of the Trump Organization and Lewandowski all did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

In an email, Jacobus’ lawyer, Jay Butterman of Butterman & Kahn in New York, said the defendants had been served with the complaint, which also holds Trump’s campaign liable for damages.

“While libel suits are generally difficult to prove, in this matter it is indisputable that the statements of Trump and his agents which are the subject of this lawsuit are defamatory,” Butterman wrote. “Donald Trump far exceeded the legitimate bounds of free expression in his false attacks on Ms. Jacobus. He should be held accountable for his actions. We have no doubt that the defendants will hurl a host of technical objections at this filing, but we are confident that the complaint has already addressed the technical hurdles often confronting the victims of defamation.”

Attached to the complaint is an exhibit demonstrating the online abuse from non-campaign individuals directed at Jacobus following Trump’s and Lewandowski’s statements. It includes an image of Jacobus, made by a Trump supporter, doctored to show testicles dangling from her chin.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/cheri-jacobus-trump-lewandowski-defamation-lawsuit-222103#ixzz46IKutTsh

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1461 on: April 19, 2016, 03:21:47 PM »
Trump, in interviews and debates, “comes off like a third grader faking his way through an oral report on current affairs.”  lol  Truth. 

Yeah, but a lot of people in the republican party "love many of his ideas".

They admit he speaks like a 7 year old and has squat for any kind of platform, and they admit he was a lifetime liberal... but they like vague ideas like greatness and winning, whatever that means.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1462 on: April 20, 2016, 12:40:16 PM »
Delegate count after Trump's win in New York:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1463 on: April 20, 2016, 03:16:11 PM »
Nothing Changed Yesterday—And Trump Is Still Not on the Path to Nomination
by Jeremy Carl
April 20, 2016

Before we begin debunking, let’s start with the obvious: It was undoubtedly a good night for Trump and unsurprisingly so, as NR’s Henry Olsen predicted on election eve. Trump looks to have taken 90 delegates and 60 percent of the vote, somewhat better than projections, although most election-eve forecasts had him taking at least 85 or so of New York’s 95 delegates (Olsen had him pegged for 87).

But despite his victory, Trump got only a very modest bump from New York last night. And despite the breathless TV and print commentary from our New York–centered media, he still faces huge obstacles if he wants to get a sufficient number of delegates to be nominated on the first ballot. And if he is not nominated on the first ballot, given Cruz’s wildly successful delegate strategy, it is unlikely he will be nominated at all.

In fact, according to the analysis of the widely-respected 538.com, Trump actually fell just short of the number of delegates he needed in New York to put himself on the path to the magic number of 1,237.

And, though he should have a good week next week when Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island vote, he will need a New York–level performance, not just a victory, if he wants to substantially improve his nomination odds.

New York and the five states voting next Tuesday are all part of the Democrats’ “blue wall.” Democrats have won all of these states in each of the last six elections. Only one of these states (Pennsylvania) has given more than 45 percent of its vote to the GOP candidate in any of the last six elections. New York and Rhode Island have never even given 40 percent to GOP candidates during this time.

It will be a major surprise if Trump loses any of the April 26 “Acela corridor” states. In fact, the 538.com base projections, which still have Trump coming up almost 80 delegates short of the 1,237 he will need for a first-ballot nomination, project that he will easily win almost all of the delegates in these states next week. If Cruz (whom, full disclosure, I have endorsed), or even the delusional John Kasich, were to somehow surprise him, most likely in Pennsylvania or Maryland, it would constitute a major setback for Trump.

The real final charge for the nomination begins not next week in the Northeast, but the following week in Indiana. Even in a best-case scenario for Trump, he can probably gain no more than ten or 15 delegates above current projections, still leaving him far off pace to clinch the nomination. On the downside, if he unexpectedly loses anywhere on April 26, his path to 1,237 delegates is almost certainly foreclosed. An April 26 sweep is already priced into Trump’s stock.

The real final charge for the nomination begins not next week in the Northeast, but the following week in Indiana, the first of the final ten states to vote on ground that is much more favorable to Cruz. In fact, Cruz is favored in most of the last ten states, with only New Jersey and (narrowly) California falling into the Trump column. (Tim Alberta has an outstanding look at Cruz’s strategy in Indiana on NRO today.)

There is no denying that Indiana is critical for both Trump and Cruz – Cruz can survive a loss there, but an overwhelming victory by Trump in Indiana could make 1,237 delegates a reasonable possibility for the businessman and would definitely be a substantial blow to Cruz’s chances. In contrast, if Cruz wins in Indiana, the “swingiest” of the states that he is favored to win down the stretch, Trump would face almost impossible odds in getting to 1,237. Until Indiana, almost every delegate Cruz wins is upside – and his biggest risk (even more so than Kasich’s crazy-uncle spoiler candidacy) is that a sloppy pro-Trump media narrative overwhelms him before he can get back to the campaign trail, where he will almost certain close strongly. Barring a very unusual occurrence, this contest will not be decided until (at the earliest) the final states vote on June 7.

Even in Trump’s New York victory, there were warning signs for any mainstream GOPers tempted to get behind him. According to exit polls, he took 63 percent of the over-45 vote but just 50 percent of those 45 and under. He took just 52 percent of working-class (under 50K family income) Republicans, far short of the 63 percent he took among wealthier Republicans. And perhaps most important, he won less than half as many votes as Hillary Clinton and just two-thirds as many as Bernie Sanders. His “dominant” performance was only dominant in the context of a state with a small minority of GOP voters. GOP turnout was up moderately compared with 2008 (the last open-seat presidential race in New York) but there was absolutely nothing in New York’s GOP turnout to suggest that Trump would be a game-changer in terms of putting new states in play. In fact, Trump took just 50 percent of independents, far worse than his share among New York’s atypically liberal Republicans.

Nor was the news much better for Kasich, the Baghdad Bob of the 2016 campaign, who was busy yet again claiming momentum after another 30-point-plus shellacking. There is much to suggest that his performance in New York was something of a one-off, though he’ll likely do respectably on April 26 because of the relatively favorable demographics of the states voting then. After that, things look bleak for Kasich, unless you assume that his only role in the race is to help Trump win the GOP nomination.

More Donald Trump The Road Ahead for Trump Might Be Almost as Friendly as New York Soft Bigotry of Low Expectations Dep’t. Trump’s Prospects Looking at New York’s exit polls, there’s substantial evidence that Cruz’s “New York values” comments hurt him there — which won’t be a problem for him next week. The exits showed that Kasich dominated among the #NeverTrump crowd in New York. Among the 24 percent of voters who said they would not vote for Trump if he were the GOP nominee, Kasich won a staggering 72 percent of them, far better than he had ever previously done with this demographic. He won 40 percent of voters who decided in the last week (far better than his 25 percent overall), suggesting that he maximized his value among late deciders. And perhaps most surprisingly, he beat Cruz among self-described conservatives and Evangelical Christians. The exit polls strongly indicate that Cruz and New York had a passionate, mutual non-love affair, so much so that he dramatically underperformed even in his strongest demographics. Don’t expect a repeat of that going forward.

In a week’s time, we’ll likely be back here analyzing some more Trump “victories.” But his win in New York and a follow-up sweep on April 26 are just what he’s expected to do. And he’ll have to exceed, not just meet, expectations in May and June if he wants to win the nomination.

— Jeremy Carl is a research fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434267/donald-trump-new-york-primary-win-changes-nothing

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1464 on: May 03, 2016, 09:27:45 AM »
 :o  Took the gloves off. 

Cruz: Trump 'is a pathological liar'
Trump criticized Cruz's father earlier Tuesday
Author: By David Wright and Julia Manchester CNN
Published On: May 03 2016

Ted Cruz, April 28, 2016
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
(CNN) -

Ted Cruz on Tuesday unloaded on Donald Trump, accusing him during a news conference of being a "pathological liar," "utterly amoral," "a narcissist at a level I don't think this country's ever seen" and "a serial philanderer."

"He is proud of being a serial philanderer ... he describes his own battles with venereal diseases as his own personal Vietnam," Cruz said, adding that he was quoting Trump from an appearance on "The Howard Stern Show."

The Texas senator's comments come as polls indicate Trump is poised to claim victory in Cruz's must-win state of Indiana, and follow accusations the front-runner made about Cruz's father.

"This man is a pathological liar, he doesn't know the difference between truth and lies ... in a pattern that is straight out of a psychology text book, he accuses everyone of lying," Cruz said as Indiana voters headed to cast their ballots.

"Whatever lie he's telling, at that minute he believes it ... the man is utterly immoral," Cruz told reporters. "Donald is a bully ... bullies don't come from strength they come from weakness."

Earlier Tuesday, Trump had criticized Rafael Cruz, calling him "disgraceful" after he urged evangelical voters in Indiana to reject his son's rival.

Trump also referenced a report from the tabloid National Enquirer -- without naming the publication -- which alleged that it had identified Rafael Cruz in a photo with Lee Harvey Oswald months prior to the JFK assassination. CNN has not independently confirmed that report.

"And (Ted Cruz's) father, you know, was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's, you know, being shot. I mean the whole thing is ridiculous," Trump said in an interview on "Fox and Friends." "I mean what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald, shortly before the death? Before the shooting? It's horrible."

The publication -- which endorsed Trump -- has also run recent stories making various allegations about the billionaire businessman that have not been confirmed by CNN or other publications.

The Cruz campaign responded to Trump by calling him "detached from reality."

"His false, cheap, meaningless comments every day indicate his desperation to get attention and willingness to say anything to do so," said Catherine Frazier, Cruz's campaign spokeswoman in a statement. "We are campaigning on jobs freedom and security while Trump campaigns on false tabloid garbage. And the media is willfully enabling him to cheapen the value of our democratic process."

http://www.news8000.com/trump-attacks-cruzs-father-as-indiana-votes/39355204

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1465 on: May 03, 2016, 09:49:05 AM »
:o  Took the gloves off. 

nothing like waiting until you're mathematically eliminated, to say this.

Still, as of this morning, Cruz STILL won't say whether he'll support Trump in the general election.  Pathetic. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1466 on: May 03, 2016, 09:54:28 AM »
nothing like waiting until you're mathematically eliminated, to say this.

Still, as of this morning, Cruz STILL won't say whether he'll support Trump in the general election.  Pathetic. 

Why stick with him?  Why not choose Cruz now?  Cause when you want to join his camp next week, those of us who have been supporting him the entire time are going to call you a bandwagon fan.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1467 on: May 04, 2016, 09:59:05 AM »
I have a better idea for all the evangelicals who voted for Trump:  slap yourself in the face.

It's Trump: Here's what evangelicals should do now
By Bruce Ashford 
Published May 04, 2016 
FoxNews.com

Following his victory in the Indiana primary, Donald Trump is the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party for president of the United States. In upcoming days, many of us in the evangelical community will be tempted to be despondent, maybe even to detach ourselves from the political process out of a feeling of helplessness. And yet, we should not despair. Although we have lost the nomination contest, at the same time we surely have won an opportunity to regain our evangelical witness.

We must regain our witness. Even if Trump were to have lost the nomination in a contested convention, Evangelicals had already slipped up by supporting the rise of a primary candidate whose campaign is characterized by overheated ethno-nationalistic aggression, who wants to curb free speech, who did not immediately and decisively distance himself from David Duke’s support for his candidacy, who seems only questionably committed to the pro-Life and religious liberty causes, who regularly demeans those who oppose him, and whose rallies have been punctuated by violence and civil unrest. In spite of these things, a certain sector of the Evangelical world—let’s call them Trumpangelicals—support his candidacy.

But what about the rest of us, those of us who are Evangelical but cannot countenance the thought of an Evangelical-supported Trump nomination? How do we recover from having allowed within our ranks the rise of Trumpangelism? How should we evangelicals reposition ourselves in order to regain our witness?

The 2016 election cycle offers an almost-irreplaceable opportunity for evangelicals to redefine ourselves and regain our witness. The redefinition and regaining must include at least three planks:

First, it offers us the opportunity to do something we should have been doing all along: by criticizing both the Democratic and Republican front runners, we can show that Christian wisdom often defies traditional social and political categories such as Democratic and Republican. This type of Gospel-centered Christianity will diminish our culture’s ability to classify and dismiss the church as the religious special interest wing of any one political party.

Second, we now have the opportunity and responsibility to speak with a clear voice on a broader array of policy issues. Instead of applying our moral exhortations to the Clintons alone, we can apply them also to a GOP nominee whose words and actions cause us a great deal of moral concern. Instead of applying Jesus’ command of neighbor love exclusively to the unborn, we can demonstrate our love for other persons—immigrants, refugees, those who are financially destitute—by making and stating our policies in ways that are both convictional and compassionate.

Third, we can help provide healing for the unhealthy and even toxic nature of American politics and public life. Over the past decade, our public discourse has become increasingly uncivil. For our part, Evangelicals can show the world what it looks like to speak and act with conviction while at the same time doing so civilly. We can take tough stances on issues while refusing to misrepresent, demean, or demonize those who oppose us. We can treat our political opponents as people with whom we disagree rather than as people who should be demeaned and degraded.

If we evangelicals are going to regain our voice in upcoming years, we must reposition ourselves as something other than the religious special interest arm of the Republican Party. I am a registered Republican. I’ve voted Republican in every election. But first and foremost, I am a Christian. My allegiance to Christ and the gospel transcends my allegiance to the Republican Party; if and when the GOP’s platform or politicians are at odds with my Christian convictions, I will leverage my Christianity to criticize the party.

Let us remind ourselves that these are things we should have been doing all along. We’ve failed to do so consistently or recognizably, and the rise of Trump’s candidacy offers us remarkable and irreplaceable opportunity. The moment has come to seize it.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/05/04/its-trump-heres-what-evangelicals-should-do-now.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1468 on: May 04, 2016, 10:01:11 AM »
Trump is a recipe for disaster.  It will start with Republicans not voting for him in November.

Trump's Victory Sending Some Running From GOP
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-Victory-GOP-Running/2016/05/04/id/727135/

Turns Out Some Republicans Would Rather Disown Their Party Than Vote For Donald Trump
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/never-trump-republicans_us_57294b6de4b096e9f08fabe8

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1469 on: May 04, 2016, 10:01:51 AM »
About time.

Kasich to suspend presidential campaign
Published May 04, 2016 
FoxNews.com

Ohio Gov. John Kasich plans to suspend his Republican presidential campaign, Fox News has learned.

The expected announcement comes after the underdog candidate abruptly canceled an appearance in the D.C. area. He plans to make a formal statement Wednesday afternoon in his home state.

A Kasich spokesman said the Republican presidential candidate will speak in Columbus at 5 p.m. ET.

The governor originally had planned to speak with reporters at the Dulles airport in Virginia ahead of finance events Wednesday, but did not show up. The campaign later confirmed he was not going to Dulles.

The decision comes after Texas Sen. Ted Cruz suspended his campaign Tuesday night, having finished a distant second in the Indiana primary.

Kasich placed last in that contest, though his campaign initially said Tuesday night they would keep going – until a candidate has the requisite 1,237 delegates.

Donald Trump has not yet reached that number.

Despite the change in plans Wednesday, the Kasich campaign was making fundraising appeals in the aftermath of the Indiana results, continuing to cast the Ohio governor as the only one who could derail Trump at the party convention -- and the best candidate to face likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in the fall.

The campaign even invoked Star Wars Day, calling him the "only hope" on Twitter.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/04/kasich-to-speak-in-ohio-amid-speculation-over-campaign-plans.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1470 on: May 05, 2016, 09:15:15 AM »
George W. Bush Sitting Out Election With H.W., No Plans to Endorse Trump

Image: George W. Bush Sitting Out Election With H.W., No Plans to Endorse Trump Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush (R) and his son President George W. Bush (L) stand together during the commissioning ceremony on the deck of the US Navy aircraft carrier USS George H. W. Bush at Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia, January 10, 2009. (Jonathan Ernst/Reuters)
By Clyde Hughes   |   Thursday, 05 May 2016

George W. Bush and his father, George H. W. Bush, will be sitting out the presidential election and have no plans to endorse Donald Trump, a spokesman said on Wednesday.

The Washington Post reported that it is the first time in five presidential election cycles that Bush 41 is not endorsing the Republican nominee.

A spokesman for his son, Bush 43, made a statement Wednesday evening after Ohio Gov. John Kasich followed U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz to the exit, noted The Guardian.

"President George W. Bush does not plan to participate in or comment on the presidential campaign," said the spokesman for the two-term president before President Barack Obama.

Jim McGrath, spokesman for George H. W. Bush, told The Guardian that the elder Bush has stepped away from politics.

"At age 91, President Bush is retired from politics," McGrath said. "He naturally did a few things to help Jeb, but those were the 'exceptions that proved the rule.'"

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the brother of George W. Bush, dropped out of the presidential race in February after his campaign failed to gain traction in the South Carolina primary, reported Politico.

"It's also not a total surprise, even though the Bushes have been prominent voices in the last several presidential elections," The Dallas Morning News said about George W. Bush's announcement on the 2016 race.

"Trump taunted former Florida Gov. Jeb Brush with vigor this year. He spared not even former first lady Barbara Bush from his barbs. And the mogul blasted George W. Bush over national security, using 9/11 to challenge the notion that Bush kept the U.S. safe," the News said,.

On the campaign stump, Trump called the Iraq War "a mistake" and claimed that he was against it at the time, said The Guardian.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/george-w-bush-sitting-out-election/2016/05/05/id/727322/#ixzz47nZqoyOl

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1471 on: May 06, 2016, 09:53:53 AM »
Democratic Advertising Blitz Awaits GOP's Trump

Image: Democratic Advertising Blitz Awaits GOP's Trump (Getty Images)
Friday, 06 May 2016

Long before Donald Trump swatted away his Republican presidential rivals, his likely Democratic opponent and her allies began laying traps for him.

Priorities USA, the lead super PAC backing Hillary Clinton, has already reserved $91 million in television advertising that will start next month and continue through Election Day. In addition, Clinton's campaign and Priorities USA have both debuted online videos that cast Trump in a negative light — a preview of what voters will see on TV over the next six months.

So far, Priorities USA is the only group on either side that has rolled out such an ambitious advertising plan geared toward the general election. The group's leaders say they're trying to avoid what they see as the core mistake made by Trump's Republican rivals — not pushing hard enough against him until it was too late.

"There's a reason that we have a head start," said Justin Barasky, a Priorities USA spokesman, "and it's that we've taken Donald Trump seriously all along, unlike the Republicans."

The group's ad strategy will test what has been a hallmark of Trump's GOP primary rise: his ability to withstand — even thrive in the face of — tens of millions of dollars in attack ads.

An Associated Press review of Priorities USA's TV buys, collected by Kantar Media's Campaign Media Analysis Group, reveals a formidable 22-week advertising blitz through what the group considers key battleground states: Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio and Virginia.

In those states, Priorities USA will start ads in major metropolitan areas, then broaden its outreach to smaller cities as the November election approaches. The group will also start ads on satellite TV in September.

According to the CMAG data, Priorities USA plans to spend about $4 million a week through most of June. The group then slows spending through July, taking off the weeks of the Republican and Democratic conventions, when widespread television coverage essentially provides free media time for the candidates.

Priorities USA returns to the airwaves in August and begins unloading $60 million in ads between September and Election Day. The week of the election, Priorities USA plans to spend about $8 million in the seven battleground states.

The heaviest concentration is in Florida, where the group has reserved $23 million in time, mostly in Orlando and in Tampa.

The group also plans to spend about $19.5 million in the traditional presidential bellwether state of Ohio. More than half is for Cleveland, Akron and Columbus.

There's no substantive GOP counterweight to the pro-Clinton effort — partly because Trump has repeatedly trashed big donors and called the outside groups that can raise unlimited money from them "corrupt."

As the presumptive GOP nominee, Trump is now beginning his outreach to donors. But even if he fully embraces outside help, he's far behind: One super PAC backing him, Great America, was almost $700,000 in debt at the end of March.

Another group that was a major player in the 2012 race, American Crossroads, is still "evaluating what our specific role will be," said spokesman Ian Prior.

Television ads are only one part of Priorities USA's strategy. It is putting at least $35 million into online advertising between June and Election Day, Barasky said. Those ads will largely aim to drive up turnout among core Democratic groups: African-Americans, Hispanics, women and younger voters, Barasky said.

Trump is already getting a taste of what some these ads will say.

On Thursday, Priorities USA overlaid audio of Trump talking about "unifying" the Republican Party with images of violence that has erupted inside and outside of his massive rallies. "I think we're going to win in November," Trump says at the end. "NOPE," reads text on the screen. "Vote for Hillary Clinton."

That follows an online video the Clinton campaign put out Wednesday that features clips of prominent Republicans, including his former rivals, bashing Trump in every possible way.

"He needs therapy," says former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at the end of the spot.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Donald-Trump-Hillary-Clinton-Election-2016-Advertising/2016/05/06/id/727531/#ixzz47tZKBFov

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1472 on: May 09, 2016, 09:55:28 AM »
Trump Picks Chris Christie to Head Transition Team

Image: Trump Picks Chris Christie to Head Transition Team
Monday, 09 May 2016

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Monday he has chosen New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, a rival turned ally, to lead his transition team as he prepares for the general election campaign.

"Governor Christie is an extremely knowledgeable and loyal person with the tools and resources to put together an unparalleled Transition Team, one that will be prepared to take over the White House when we win in November," Trump said in a statement.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-christie-head-transition/2016/05/09/id/727877/#ixzz48B87N8Ns

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #1473 on: May 09, 2016, 10:08:19 AM »
Ben Carson is leading the veep selection committee, he said while in bonita springs, FL this past weekend.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #1474 on: May 10, 2016, 03:37:52 PM »
Is Fat Man the leader in the club house? 

AP Interview: Donald Trump Says He's Narrowed VP Shortlist
Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Donald Trump, the Republicans' presumptive presidential nominee, says he's narrowed his list of potential running mates to "five or six people," all with deep political resumes.

He says he has not ruled out New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a former rival who has embraced the billionaire's campaign with gusto.

"I have a list of people that I would like," Trump said Tuesday in an interview with The Associated Press.

The real estate mogul and former reality television star said he's giving special weight to political experience because he wants a vice president who can help him "with legislation, getting things through" Washington if he wins the White House.

"We don't need another business person," said Trump, who touts himself as one of the best in that category.

He also said choosing a person who's previously held elected office would help with the process of looking into the person's background, in part because that person already would have been checked out by voters, the news media and to some extent the government.

"For the most part, they've been vetted over the last 20 years," he said.

If he selects a military or business person, he said, "the vetting is a whole different story. Whereas the politicians are, generally speaking, pretty well vetted."

Trump would not reveal the full list of possible running mates, but said his decision this week to appoint Christie to head his White House transition team did not mean the New Jersey governor was out of consideration.

"No, not at all," he said.

Trump's vice presidential pick could be crucial to easing the concerns of Republicans who worry about their presumptive nominee's lack of political experience, as well as his temperament to serve as commander in chief. Tapping a political insider would also be a way for Trump to signal a willingness to work with the party establishment he has thoroughly bashed throughout the primary.

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry and former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer are among the Republicans who have suggested they would be open to joining Trump on the GOP ticket. Others, including Trump's former primary rival Marco Rubio, have ruled out being considered.

"I have never sought, will not seek and do not want to be considered for vice president," the Florida senator wrote in a Facebook post Monday.

Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, has been chosen to run the vetting effort "with a group" that includes former rival Ben Carson and Trump himself, he said.

"Honestly, we're all running it. It's very much a group effort," said Trump, adding that he's in no rush to announce his pick.

"I do think I don't want to make a decision until the actual convention. Not even before it. I mean until it," he said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/trump-vp-list-political/2016/05/10/id/728157/#ixzz48IMEeCul