Author Topic: Christy Kreme is trouble w Bridge Traffic scandal  (Read 14206 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: Christy Kreme is trouble w Bridge Traffic scandal
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2014, 01:16:30 PM »
thinking he was set up or more likely pulled into setting himself up...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2014, 02:21:11 PM »
There are many important lessons in the Chris Christie saga.

My grandfather summed it up best. He came to America with nothing- literally only with the coins in his pockets. Yet he built a successful small business in Bronxville New York. It was a 4-man butcher store, yet he retired the equivalent (adjusting for inflation) of a self-made millionaire in the 1970’s. He was a remarkable man.

Chris Christie could have used his wisdom.

My grandfather said two things matter in life:

#1) Loyalty is everything. Never betray your friends or family. If you do, it will come back around to destroy you.

#2) When it comes to business, the customer is always right.

I’d add a third rule: You can kiss your enemy, but you should refrain from French-kissing him.

Chris Christie violated all three rules. Now his political career is hanging by a thread, and his GOP Presidential prospects are all but dead. Not completely dead, mind you. Never count a New York/New Jersey street fighter out. But certainly on life support.

Let’s look at what happened to Christie:

I’m a Tea Party Libertarian-conservative Republican. Mitt Romney was not my cup of tea (excuse the pun). But once I choose sides, I’m “all in.” There is no 90% or even 100%. Either you give everything you have, or don’t get involved. So I gave Mitt 110%.

I knew the re-election of Obama would devastate the economy and kill more jobs. I knew the implementation of Obamacare would annihilate the middle class. I knew Romney was the only alternative. So I was “all in.” I gave Mitt everything I had. His loss was devastating to me.

But not Chris Christie. He sold Mitt out for ego, media spotlight and his own political future. As soon as Christie saw the opportunity to advance his own future Presidential prospects, he dumped Mitt like yesterday’s news. He didn’t just stab Mitt in the back, and kiss Obama’s ring. He went a step further- he French-kissed Obama at the New Jersey airport.

As my butcher grandfather taught me, you never betray your friends like that. Never. There would have been nothing wrong with shaking Obama’s hand at the airport and announcing when there is a natural disaster we all come together, Republican and Democrat. That would be fine.

But Christie became BFF (Best friends forever) with Obama that day. Christie’s over-the-top lovefest destroyed Romney’s Presidential ambitions. At the time several national polls had Romney up by 5 to 7 points. His ratings sunk like quicksand after Christie’s embrace. With friends like Chris Christie, who needs enemies?

What did Christie get out of it? Was it pure ego, to prove his bi-partisan credentials and win adulation from the liberal media? Yes, I think that was part if it.

Did Obama bribe Christie? Was he promised billions of dollars in government loans and hurricane FEMA relief money if he stabbed Romney in the back? Yes, I think that was part of it.

Was it pure political payback for not being chosen as Romney’s V.P? Yes, I think that was part of it.

Or was it pure political calculation? Did Christie realize if his buddy Romney won the election, he (Christie) would have no political future. Romney would be in for 8 long years and Christie would have nowhere to move up, and be long forgotten after his second term as Governor was up. My guess is all of the above.

Don’t forget this is a guy who Romney chose as the keynote speaker at the GOP Convention. Christie rewarded his faith by giving an entire speech about himself. Listening to Christie’s speech that night, I wasn’t sure if it was Romney or Christie accepting the nomination.

This same Christie went out of his way to denigrate and bad mouth the Tea Party. You know the same group that is the very foundation of the GOP. The same group that makes up the most loyal base of support, donations, energy and excitement for the GOP. The same group that produced the greatest landslide in modern political history in 2010. Why? Once again, ego. Christie needed to flex his muscles, prove his independence, and win adulation from the liberal media.

Christie and Obama- BFF. Christie and liberal Bruce Springstein- BFF. Christie and the liberal GOP-hating media- BFF. Christie's political future- up in smoke.

The lessons?

First, what goes around comes around. Karma’s a bi-ch. Christie got what was coming to him.

Second, my grandfather was right. The customer is always right. Any Republican who badmouths the Tea Party is biting the hand that feeds you.

Third, stop trying to make friends with the media. The media hates all Republicans, even the “moderate” ones. When a Republican courts the media, he dances with the devil.

Fourth, never trust big government Republicans. They use the same power of government to damage people's lives, just as Democrats like Obama do.

I actually feel bad for Christie. Hillary Clinton did much worse (see 4 dead Americans at Benghazi, a massive cover-up, and her ensuing testimony "What does it matter?”). But the media protects her.

Barack Obama committed crimes against the American people (see IRS scandal, Benghazi, Fast & Furious, Obamacare fraud). But the media protects him.

Christie's scandal was just a parking jam for gosh sakes.

Nonetheless, I can’t help smiling. Chris Christie got what he deserves..

Wayne Allyn Root is capitalist evangelist, entrepreneur, and Libertarian-conservative Republican. He is a former Libertarian vice presidential nominee. Wayne's latest book is "The Ultimate Obama Survival Guide: Secrets to Protecting Your Family, Your Finances, and Your Freedom." For more, visit his website: www.ROOTforAmerica.com. Follow him on Twitter@WayneRoot

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »
http://gothamist.com/2014/01/08/top_christie_aide_emailed_time_for.php

:o

FYI - Traffic on the GW Bridge is always a frigging nightmare regardless, but to make it worse out of politics is disgusting. 

The busiest bridge IN THE WORLD.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »
He had the bridge closed from Sept 9th to 12th.

We all know NYC is at risk for terror attacks on the anniv of 9/11.  What if we had been attacked, and there had been 50 or 100 ambulances filled with victims, bleeding out because Christie's team needed days #3 and 4 of their little prank.  Imagine fire trucks frozen in traffic... "Is it wrong that i'm smiling?"  Yes, you piece of shit, it very much is wrong. 

And I'm shocked that Rudy was on MSNBC defending him yesterday... he put NY/NJ at greated risk on 9/11.  That's gotta piss off people in his state.  That's all we need are thousands of people clogging up a bridge.  Easy targets at the very least.  Reduced rescue capacity too. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2014, 08:34:17 PM »
Once Christie hugged O-SHITHEAD I knew exactly where he was.  F him and F Obama.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2014, 08:43:43 PM »
Once Christie hugged O-SHITHEAD I knew exactly where he was.  F him and F Obama.   

And just like Obama, Christie is so full of himself, that he is willing to make fun of real questions - while either not knowing the facts, or just being so brash and obnoxious that he doesn't care about them.  A woman died in the gridlock his team created, and he takes joking credit for being the fake construction worker lol.  Just unbelievable.

Dec. 2: Christie Speaks Out, Makes Light
Christie himself addressed the controversy for the first time. At a news conference in Trenton, N.J., Christie made light of the suggestion that he was connected to the closures.
"I worked the cones, actually," Christie said, according to WNYC. "Unbeknownst to everybody I was actually the guy out there, in overalls and a hat."
"You really are not serious with that question," Christie added.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2014, 10:49:21 PM »

wtf man?

You haven't figured out that Obama and Ayers are framing Christie ?

At some point they might even give him a heart attack

you heard it here first

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2014, 03:07:43 AM »
wtf man?

You haven't figured out that Obama and Ayers are framing Christie ?

At some point they might even give him a heart attack

you heard it here first

True.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2014, 10:00:42 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/10/port-authority-head-fort-lee-_n_4577516.html#comments

Geez - and locally this story have been in the news for awhile.  Christie is looking exactly like Obama - either he is lying or he is incompetent

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/10/port-authority-head-fort-lee-_n_4577516.html#comments

Geez - and locally this story have been in the news for awhile.  Christie is looking exactly like Obama - either he is lying or he is incompetent

it was in the liberal media months ago

given how the liberal media is so pervasive I'm surprised you managed to miss the story until now

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
it was in the liberal media months ago

given how the liberal media is so pervasive I'm surprised you managed to miss the story until now

I have known about this story for awhile.   Just didn't go national until recently. 

The traffic at the bridge is awful.  I live no far from it.   Both sides of the bridge - its sucks!!!!  To think it was or can be done intentionally by these political hacks is disgusting. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »
I have known about this story for awhile.   Just didn't go national until recently. 

The traffic at the bridge is awful.  I live no far from it.   Both sides of the bridge - its sucks!!!!  To think it was or can be done intentionally by these political hacks is disgusting. 

to think it was done on the anniversary of 9/11 is disgusting. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »
Lindsey Graham is the first big-name repub to attack Christie.

“It seems to me that this whole bridge thing reinforces a narrative that’s troublesome about the guy, he’s kind of a bully,” Graham told NBC News on Thursday on Capitol Hill, referring to the scandal over land closures on the George Washington Bridge that’s engulfed Christie over the past two days…

“If anybody in my office had done such a thing, they knew what their fate would be cause I’m not that kind a guy,” Graham said. “I just don’t see how people that close to him could have felt comfortable enough to do this if they thought their boss wasn’t of this mindset. Isn’t that just common sense?”…

“I think he’s going to have a hard time in the South, I really do. The edge is part of it. You know, he’s a little too slick by half,” Graham said.

He added: “I think the problem he’s going to have in the South is against the view of his actual positions because it’s hard for me to understand what he’s for and what he’s against on the social side.”

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2014, 09:04:42 PM »
He had the bridge closed from Sept 9th to 12th.

He did?

those are some pretty strong words retard, you better have some more proof other than your always wrong intuition...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2014, 09:10:35 PM »
He did?
those are some pretty strong words retard, you better have some more proof other than your always wrong intuition...

The bridge was closed from Sept 9th to 12, I believe? 

Are you seriously showing up and telling getbig you believe Christie wasn't responsible & knew nothing? 

LOL I think you'd be the first person here to believe him.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2014, 09:12:34 PM »
The bridge was closed from Sept 9th to 12, I believe? 

Are you seriously showing up and telling getbig you believe Christie wasn't responsible & knew nothing? 

LOL I think you'd be the first person here to believe him.
so you have no proof, just your proven ignorant and wrong intuition?

got it....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »
so you have no proof, just your proven ignorant and wrong intuition?

got it....

it's either willful ignorance "see no evil, plausible deniability", or he ordered it.

Christie once bragged that shutting down traffic was his "favorite thing about being Governor"

Christie: Best Part About Being Guv Is 'Going To New York City' (VIDEO)

PEMA LEVY – FEBRUARY 27, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) joked Wednesday that his favorite thing about being governor was "going to New York City" because he now gets to avoid all the traffic.

Asked by an eight-year-old girl at a town hall in Montville what his favorite thing about being governor was, Christie said he had a fun answer and a serious answer.

"When you're governor, they close the Lincoln Tunnel for you," Christie said. "And you get to drive right through. No traffic. It's the best. I love going to New York now. I used to hate it…. that's the most fun thing on the fun side about being governor."

Christie added that this might be why his wife wants him to win re-election.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2014, 09:22:58 PM »
LMFAO so again, you have no proof that he knew of or directed this....

got it...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2014, 09:39:55 PM »
LMFAO so again, you have no proof that he knew of or directed this....

got it...

lol... and you're perhaps the only getbigger that looks at the mountain of evidence against him and says "you can't prove anything!" 

Even the people that defended Hermann Cain with "maybe those 14 women conspired and he only confessed to make the silly story stop" aren't buying into Christie's currently 3rd version of events.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2014, 08:12:45 AM »
lol... and you're perhaps the only getbigger that looks at the mountain of evidence against him and says "you can't prove anything!" 

Even the people that defended Hermann Cain with "maybe those 14 women conspired and he only confessed to make the silly story stop" aren't buying into Christie's currently 3rd version of events.
i got alot of help from watching you and the rest of the libtards excuse obama for the constant scandals in his admin

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
Repubs/conservatives attacking Christie....... good or bad idea?

Bad

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2014, 09:37:21 AM »
Repubs/conservatives attacking Christie....... good or bad idea?

Bad
I think if there is evidence he knew he needs to be held accountable just like any other person. As this was an unapproved/unofficial action we need proof he knew.

Shit like fast and furious, targeting opposing political groups with the IRS etc that were officially approved actions...that type of shit lies with the head of the organization...

and by evidence I dont mean 240's type of evidence that he uses for cases like zimmerman/hendrix ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2014, 10:30:02 AM »
Christie is guilty as shit here.  Guilty of complete ignorance.  Guilty of accepting numerous resignations without asking why.  Rush caught him in a lie about "when" he knew.  Guilty of citing a traffic study when none such study ever existed.

That's what has been proven so far. 

Now, in the coming days, weeks, months, there may be more.  But he's already shown he's not able to manage a simple bridge closure vendetta without shitting in the bed.  Does anyone here really want him running the USA?  LOL

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2014, 10:37:57 AM »
Christie is guilty as shit here.  Guilty of complete ignorance.  Guilty of accepting numerous resignations without asking why.  Rush caught him in a lie about "when" he knew.  Guilty of citing a traffic study when none such study ever existed.

That's what has been proven so far. 

Now, in the coming days, weeks, months, there may be more.  But he's already shown he's not able to manage a simple bridge closure vendetta without shitting in the bed.  Does anyone here really want him running the USA?  LOL
so once again no proof, just the ignorant rambling of a person who has proven himself through his personal actions and his views on other issues to make up facts, cite opinions as fact and generally side on the wrong side of the issue.

got it...