Author Topic: Christy Kreme is trouble w Bridge Traffic scandal  (Read 14057 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Christy Kreme is trouble w Bridge Traffic scandal
« on: January 08, 2014, 09:32:48 AM »
http://gothamist.com/2014/01/08/top_christie_aide_emailed_time_for.php

:o

FYI - Traffic on the GW Bridge is always a frigging nightmare regardless, but to make it worse out of politics is disgusting. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Christy Kreme is trouble w Bridge Traffic scandal
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 03:22:11 PM »
LOL... knowing what a public clusterfck this traffic backup would create... I highly doubt a staffer just decided on her own to do this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 07:43:54 PM »

She was 91 years old... ::)

Traffic at the GW Bridge is always a disaster - to think that this garbage is done intentinally due to politics = FU YOU!!!!!

Purge_WTF

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 08:02:07 PM »
He can kiss his Presidential aspirations goodbye.

Very petty.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 08:22:11 PM »

Very petty.

Traffic at the GWB is a disaster!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 08:09:51 AM »

Very petty.

You would think.......but I ain't holding my breath

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 08:14:32 AM »
BREAKING NEWS Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:59 AM EST

U.S. Attorney in New Jersey to Open Inquiry Into Lane Closures

Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey is expected on Thursday to address the growing controversy over the decision by one of his top aides and close associates to deliberately snarl traffic for millions of commuters as an act of political vengeance, even as the United States attorney’s office is expected to open an inquiry into the matter.

After months of denying that anyone in his administration or campaign played any role in the lane closings, which resulted in a traffic nightmare last September on the George Washington Bridge, the governor is scheduled to hold a new conference at 11 a.m., one day after a release of emails and texts showing members of his administration and others were deeply involved. The scandal has presented the governor with the gravest political challenge of his career.

Federal prosecutors in New Jersey will begin a preliminary inquiry into the lane closures in Fort Lee, according to a law enforcement source.

READ MORE »
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/10/nyregion/christie-controversy-bridge-lane-closings.html?emc=edit_na_20140109

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 08:26:03 AM »
Christie Fires a Top Aide for Lying About Bridge Scandal

Gov. Chris Christie said that he has terminated the employment of his deputy chief of staff, Bridget Anne Kelly, who wrote an email message to an official at the Port Authority last August, asking if the official, David Wildstein, could order lane closings on the George Washington Bridge. “I am sad to report to the people of New Jersey that we fell short,” Mr. Christie said.

READ MORE »
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/live-updates-on-bridge-scandal-surrounding-chris-christie/?emc=edit_na_20140109

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »
Christie Fires a Top Aide for Lying About Bridge Scandal

Gov. Chris Christie said that he has terminated the employment of his deputy chief of staff, Bridget Anne Kelly, who wrote an email message to an official at the Port Authority last August, asking if the official, David Wildstein, could order lane closings on the George Washington Bridge. “I am sad to report to the people of New Jersey that we fell short,” Mr. Christie said.

READ MORE »
http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/live-updates-on-bridge-scandal-surrounding-chris-christie/?emc=edit_na_20140109

I'd guess (and I'm no lawyer), at the VERY least, she would be open to some civil lawsuit from the family of the 91-year old that died.   The actions of this aide made the trip longer and while she might win, it'll be a pain in the ass for her.

At some point, IF she was ordered to glue things up, she will start pointing fingers, if she's not doing it already.  Personally, I find it hard to believe a mid-level staffer would, on her own, decide to create a national story with a traffic jam.  Possible, but, I dunno.  If I had to bet.  I guess it'll come out. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »
"The messages do not directly implicate Christie, but they contradicted his assertions that the closings were not punitive and that his staff was not involved."

it's never good when it's a roll-out of explanations and denials.   Step 1, we didn't do it.  Step 2, we did it but nobody told me about it. 

Step 3 usually comes once this aide points fingers or reveals text messages from Christie's right hand man ordering it.  Then it's him falling on the blame so Christie can still run for President.

Step 4, well, that's when most swing voters figure he was in on it. libs blame him 100%, and his supporters swear up and down it's all a big lib conspiracy.   

in the end, this probably won't stop him from running from president.  His uber-liberal past won't hurt him in the primary with all the conservatives splitting the vote. Will it mean the base doesn't bother voting for him on election day?  Ask President Romney or President mccain.  :(

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 11:17:43 AM »
Where's that one picture of Chris Christie where he looks really really fat?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 12:29:23 PM »
What is hilarious is some libtards calling for his resignation.

RINO Christie should resign only after obamatheclown fires Sebelius.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 12:31:28 PM »
I'm not a huge fan but now I've got to defend the guy.
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 12:36:25 PM »
of corse they want him to resign,he's the only one that had a chance to beat Clinton  ;D

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 12:40:56 PM »

Very petty.

Or he can save them by asking the following: "What difference does it make?"

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 12:44:49 PM »
It would be awesome....he could look into the camera.....'As our beloved former Sec of State said after the deaths of a US Ambassador and his security detail...what difference does it make, you idiots let her get away with it". Then he could slam his water down, flip the table and storm out. I'd vote for him
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 12:47:54 PM »
I posted this on my FB page

4 Dead in Benghazi - NO BIG DEAL
 300 Dead in Fast n Furious - NO BIG DEAL
 AP and Millions spied on by NSA - NO BIG DEAL
 IRS targeting political enemies of the Admn - NO BIG DEAL
 $500 Million blown on Solyndra despite warnings - NO BIG DEAL
 ObamaCare? - LMFAO - DISASTER of the Century

But a few idiots back up traffic and its the end of the world. No excuses for this and heads need to roll and i am sickened thinking of the traffic jams i have been stuck in at the GWB. However - GMAFB if people think this is worse than Benghazi or the other crap we have had to endure.

Don't be a sheep and mindless follower - they are all hacks and stealing our money and taking away our rights. 99% OF THEM.

Oh - and STFU and go to the gym and work out.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 12:51:20 PM »
I have a late meeting then I get to go train.....the gym is a shitshow at 430..you people complain about commercial gyms, you've never seen a military gym.
L

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 05:05:36 PM »
What is hilarious is some libtards calling for his resignation.

RINO Christie should resign only after obamatheclown fires Sebelius.

Yeah, the left has been arguing for years that nothing that happens under the Obama Administration is Obama's fault.  Now they want to scream like crying babies.

But since I've called them out, I've got no problem calling out Christie.  It's a disgusting abuse of power.  It happened under his watch.  He ought to resign.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 05:07:40 PM »
I have a late meeting then I get to go train.....the gym is a shitshow at 430..you people complain about commercial gyms, you've never seen a military gym.

It's absurdly crowded even though it's 4X the size of an LA Fitness.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 05:52:43 PM »
1) I have called benghazi a huge deal, and believe that obama should be impeached for it.  However, with all the complaining, I've yet to see the articles for impeachment arrive.

2) This is a big deal  Put this aide under oath and ask her if she did it on her own, or if the gov of a US state is now issuing commands like this. 

It's not partisan.   It's just common sense investigation.  Charge her with involntary manslaughter and watch how fast she delivers her personal email account with orders from one of christie's right hand men or something. 

Dudes, seriously, please don't say this doesn't warrant an investigation because Benghazi wasn't investigated.  two wrongs don't make a right.  That kind of shitty logic allows dems to let hilary get away with something in 2017 because "remember what christie did, that was never investigated!"

For real... investigate benghazi and investigate this too.  Period.  People died - put people under oath and ask them who did what.  It's what they'd do at the LOCAL level if some jerk stopped his car in the intersection and someone got killed.  This is the same thing - her actions created intentional gridlock.  Put her under oath.