Author Topic: Should one always wait till hungry before eating the next meal?  (Read 995 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Should one always wait till hungry before eating the next meal?
« on: January 09, 2014, 03:04:58 AM »
Or should it be spaced out equal time between meals?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: Should one always wait till hungry before eating the next meal?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:16:16 AM »
incredible that nobody knows this yet

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 03:16:54 AM »
Wait till you are hungry. You might end up a fat bloated mess otherwise. There have been days I have eaten about 13-15k cals. Lol permabulikng.
$

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 03:17:27 AM »
Why would you eat if you're not hungry?

threetrees

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 03:53:35 AM »
I dare say anyone coming from countries with an abundance of cheap food haven't experienced a sense of hunger ever. And I don't exlucde myself although I can/have/do starve on ~500-800 kcal a day when i feel like I look like "shit" (ty galeniko). I think that is still appetite and one is way too fixated on regular meals that you can't distinguish it.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 03:58:18 AM »
I dare say anyone coming from countries with an abundance of cheap food haven't experienced a sense of hunger ever. And I don't exlucde myself although I can/have/do starve on ~500-800 kcal a day when i feel like I look like "shit" (ty galeniko). I think that is still appetite and one is way too fixated on regular meals that you can't distinguish it.
Even after 48 hours of not eating I don't think I experienced hunger. Or not to the same degree as someone who does not know if they would get something to eat then. I could only last 48 hours because I knew a binge was coming up.

ps.
Threetrees as in Rudd Threetrees?

threetrees

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 04:37:30 AM »
Even after 48 hours of not eating I don't think I experienced hunger. Or not to the same degree as someone who does not know if they would get something to eat then. I could only last 48 hours because I knew a binge was coming up.

ps.

Yes, my imagination was quite limited when I was asked to come up with a nickname. The author is highly enjoyable

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 04:41:04 AM »
Why would you eat if you're not hungry?

so that I get nutrition?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 04:46:35 AM »
If you only ate 30 grams of protein in the morning,and weren`t hungry until the next day,then you should have eaten whether hungry or not because 30 grams just ain`t enough.

That being said,I don`t think that you should eat by the clock anymore,like say the dogma of every 3 hours or you`ll turn into a fucking pumpkin ( I used to believe that hype though),so I say just make sure to get your required macros in per day without eating the meals too close together of course, so as not to cause digestive overload.

I do try to go by the "eat when hungry" adage these days,but if I`m not close enough to my macros,I just eat something that brings me close enough to where I need to be.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 05:05:06 AM »

lol, I was going to ask the same.

Loved 5 of the six books in that realm.  Red Country was just OK.

Hope the next three he is under contract for can rival the add ons Best Served Cold and The Heroes....
Y

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 05:40:38 AM »
Or should it be spaced out equal time between meals?

If you wait until your hungry, you'll over eat. This only matters for a specific regime...IE dieting for bodybuilding contest. But even in general if you wait too long you'll over eat.
$

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 06:04:10 AM »

With me I either have to eat or not eat there is no in between.

You will probably think above is a retarded statement, but it is actually a fact for me.

For example if I do say Intermittent Fasting say on a 20 hour fast 4 hour eating window, I will be absolutely fine (maybe until the 17hr mark of the fast anyway and usually get through to the 20), train on empty stomach etc no problem at all and everything is honky dori.

Now if I do Keto and say I am eating 3-4 or even 5-6 really small non carbohydrate based meals, I feel like death and want to either kill myself or someone else.

Food is very similar to cocaine in its nature (particularly carbs) its like if you just have a little bit you will want more and more, but if you just refrain altogether it's all fine.

I am sure this has something to do with little insulin spikes you get, even from eating raw tuna you gonna get insulin spike with make you wanna eat more and more.

Either that or its just me and I am either pre-diabetic or stage 2 cos above is exactly how I feel.

No gimick, no troll, just statements of fact relating to ME

::)

Hiitsmichael

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 06:39:51 AM »
If you only ate 30 grams of protein in the morning,and weren`t hungry until the next day,then you should have eaten whether hungry or not because 30 grams just ain`t enough.

That being said,I don`t think that you should eat by the clock anymore,like say the dogma of every 3 hours or you`ll turn into a fucking pumpkin ( I used to believe that hype though),so I say just make sure to get your required macros in per day without eating the meals too close together of course, so as not to cause digestive overload.

I do try to go by the "eat when hungry" adage these days,but if I`m not close enough to my macros,I just eat something that brings me close enough to where I need to be.
If you are 30 grams and you aren't hungry till the next day your body just doesn't require more than 30 grams, speaking from experience if I'm training hard I'm not going to go more than 3-4 hours from meal to meal without feeling hungry

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 09:27:16 AM »
If you are 30 grams and you aren't hungry till the next day your body just doesn't require more than 30 grams, speaking from experience if I'm training hard I'm not going to go more than 3-4 hours from meal to meal without feeling hungry
Same here bro,I was just using that as an example.

A hard training bodybuilder who gets in only 30 grams of protein per day is fucked as far as making any inroads to progress, or even to maintain his current muscle mass.

Get in the macros required,no matter if hungry or not.

To say that 30 grams is all that`s needed just because he wasn`t hungry is a mistake.

30 grams is less than the ridiculous amount of 60 grams that the FDA recommends.

Appetite and true hunger are two different animals all together.

A huge appetite or a non existant appetite has nothing to do with what the body actually requires to progress as a bodybuilder who trains hard.

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 09:30:10 AM »
Yes, the body will let you know what it needs. 

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 09:43:35 AM »
So if you want to grow, are hitting the gym hard but aren't hungry enough to get the calories in...UP THE DOSE?!

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2014, 02:13:53 AM »

With me I either have to eat or not eat there is no in between.

You will probably think above is a retarded statement, but it is actually a fact for me.

For example if I do say Intermittent Fasting say on a 20 hour fast 4 hour eating window, I will be absolutely fine (maybe until the 17hr mark of the fast anyway and usually get through to the 20), train on empty stomach etc no problem at all and everything is honky dori.

Now if I do Keto and say I am eating 3-4 or even 5-6 really small non carbohydrate based meals, I feel like death and want to either kill myself or someone else.

Food is very similar to cocaine in its nature (particularly carbs) its like if you just have a little bit you will want more and more, but if you just refrain altogether it's all fine.

I am sure this has something to do with little insulin spikes you get, even from eating raw tuna you gonna get insulin spike with make you wanna eat more and more.

Either that or its just me and I am either pre-diabetic or stage 2 cos above is exactly how I feel.

No gimick, no troll, just statements of fact relating to ME

Exactly the same for me. People who don't understand this don't know what having an addictive personality is like. Lucky them.