Author Topic: Peter Putnam update  (Read 4387 times)

Mclovin

• Getbig III
Peter Putnam update
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:13:53 PM »
From his facebook:

This is a long post but I believe is truly resourceful. Reflecting upon my own journey over the past few years I realize more than ever if it wasn't for confronting the fiery presence of Almighty God, bringing me under conviction, producing repentance(2 Cor. 7:10) I would have been cut adrift in my sins and in utter ruin. The sin that so easily beset me resulted in a providential crisis where a choice had to be made.

Oswald Chambers called it the "Great Divide". Many of you have had and are experiencing this great divide. If the crisis has come to you the only hope of victory is not in your own strength or sufficiency but in absolute surrender to God. You have to come to an end of yourself and self-sufficiency . There can't be one strand of SELF to rely upon again. You have to allow yourself self-life to be destroyed. You can't have all of God until you let go of all you have. You can't be completely obedient to God if you aren't completely dependent upon God. This is where that disposition of sin(pride) clutches so many and renders them useless for the Lord and keeps them from knowing Him although they perhaps think they do. A.W. Tozer said, "So subtle is self that scarcely anyone is conscious of its presence. Because man is born a rebel, he is unaware that he is one. His constant assertion of self, as far as he thinks of it at all, appears to him a perfectly normal thing. He is willing to share himself, sometimes even to sacrifice himself for a desired end, but never to dethrone himself. Not even God can take that throne from him" You have to decide to whom you will serve?

For example, how many people know those with money who have no dependence upon God but have compromised obedience to God, resolving that God doesn't mind that they have more than they need, take extravagant trips, etc.. Pride is at the root, even those without the money but desire to keep appearances or to achieve notoriety for praise or to be esteemed. Where is the neglect of self-denial? There are many who are willing to do almost anything in religion as long as it does not require self-denial. When they are required to do anything that requires them to deny themselves, that is asking too much. They are unwilling to deny themselves any comfort or convenience for the sake of serving the Lord. They will not willingly suffer disgrace for the name of Jesus Christ. Nor will they deny themselves the luxuries of life to save the world from hurting and hell. People spending their time and energy in selfish endeavors when their resources could used to change lives. They have no idea that self-denial is a mark of true disciple of Christ.

I was guilty for years and today this reflection is causing me to examine myself. So many people have truly never denied themselves for Christ and the gospel although they sit in churches regularly, have given contributions to the Kingdom. Some have even given great sums of money, and they do not feel the loss because their offerings come out of their surplus. Again, sin has many manifestations but it's essence is one.

To quote Tozer again, "A moral being, created to worship before the throne of God, sits on the throne of his own selfhood and from that elevated position declares, "I AM". That is sin in its concentrated essence; because it is natural it appears to be good." I pray that some of you would have a revelation of the majesty of God and His love for you. He will not dethrone you. If you are in a crisis and can see it step down from the throne and surrender yourself to God. My own personal account was the need to be accomplished and successful. I was determined to be the best no matter the cost. My pride positioned me to have no other God before me because I was too busy being my God. Some of you are in the same position now. Pride will destroy you and the Scriptures plainly say the wages of sin is death(Romans 6:23) and your sins will find you out(Numbers 32:23). Proverbs 16:18 says, "Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall." You can't serve two masters. Those who profess Christ need to examine themselves and judge themselves before God does. "We have turned every one to his own way(Isaiah 53:6)

Realize the essence of sin is pride and that as long as you aren't fully living surrendered to God in all areas of you will only experience heartache, disappointment, and probably the most commonly understood temper even among non-believers... dissatisfaction. You can't truly be a robust Christian living in your God given design and purpose without repenting of your self-sufficiently and irrevocably and absolutely surrendering your will to Gods. When you don't completely give your will over to God you are actually setting your will against His. The old self-sins must die.

In summary, if the crisis has come to you the only hope of victory is not in your own strength or sufficiency but in absolute surrender to God. You have to come to an end of yourself. How many people can truly say like the Apostle Paul, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no long I(self) who live, but Christ lives in me." -Galatians 2:20

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
Re: Peter Putnam update
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 01:15:11 PM »
cliff notes........he still doesn't have a back

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 01:27:16 PM »
Tbombz wrote this.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 01:43:17 PM »
In short: "God has his eye on me."

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 01:46:40 PM »
The fact he cheated and fucked up his marriage to that super hot chick is enough to show what a fucktard he is.

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 01:51:11 PM »
The fact he cheated and fucked up his marriage to that super hot chick is enough to show what a fucktard he is.

X10

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 01:59:19 PM »
God can overlook that mistake. Superficial blondes with implants are merely seductive hand maidens of the devil. Sometimes one must stray to find righteousness.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 02:09:08 PM »
Just heard this on CNN and BBC.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 02:13:44 PM »
what does jessica putnam (or whatever her name was) look like today?

have to give it to peter, he was punching far above his weight

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 02:28:04 PM »

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 02:33:02 PM »
what does jessica putnam (or whatever her name was) look like today?

have to give it to peter, he was punching far above his weight

Lol, only made it a few rounds tho ;D

dustin

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 06:07:14 PM »

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 06:11:05 PM »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is so cruel but yet hilarious.

I can't stop laughing.

Golden shit.  ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 06:21:15 PM »
Good to see more brothers and sisters turning to God. They wont regret it.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 06:22:58 PM »
Someone should tell peter that god doesnt exist

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »
Begs the question, what did he get caught doing?

Smokincrazy

• Getbig IV
  • owned,meltdown,epic......
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 09:57:05 PM »
Begs the question, what did he get caught doing?

He had his eye on other women

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 09:58:55 PM »
Great marketable look.   he just needs a few months to rest up... he can come back and get top 3 in the 212s.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 12:05:40 AM »
Another juicing for Jesus moron.
X

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 12:17:11 AM »
Sometimes life is just a bitch.

We've all done our share of shit.

It's how we deal with it that matters most ~

I got no judgment on him.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 12:21:13 AM »
Sometimes life is just a bitch.

We've all done our share of shit.

It's how we deal with it that matters most ~

I got no judgment on him.

Maybe he stole Queen Vissy away from Vince.
X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 02:56:20 AM »
Good to see more brothers and sisters turning to God. They wont regret it.

They will die anyway :)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 06:24:53 AM »
Too bad he quit. Dude was a Monster! :o

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 06:30:13 AM »
Too bad he quit. Dude was a Monster! :o
Isnt that Arnold's maid the one he had a baby with, Peter is is doing her too?  :-\