Author Topic: Troy Alves retired  (Read 1984 times)

Schmoff

• Getbig V
Troy Alves retired
« on: January 09, 2014, 03:09:05 PM »
Saying goodbye!
After over 20 years in the bodybuilding industry, I would like to start off 2014 by officially announcing my retirement from the stage and competing. While my body has responded well at my youthful:) age of 47, there is nothing left to prove and nothing gained to continue competing...it is time to enjoy living life and let my body rest. I am beyond happy with all that I accomplished with my physique and the gains and changes I made over the years, while always staying true to what my body was all about, symmetry. My placings and showings over the years proved that you can compete against the mass monsters! I was also very fortunate to be a sponsored athlete much of my career and for that I am truly grateful. Thank you to all the many sponsors, the NPC, the Ifbb, Flex Magazine, Muscle and Fitness, Muscular Development, Muscle Mag, Ironman, my training partners and (the technician) Chris
Aceto and all the industry people who believed in me over the years and gave me the opportunities and recognition to follow my passion.
Most of all I have to thank all of my friends,family and THE FANS who have followed my career and supported me for so many years. this sport has allowed me to travel the world, meet fans in every country and hopefully share my knowledge, drive and motivation to never give up in being your best. I have the BEST FANS who truly have kept me going and supported me in the times when you feel like giving up...you motivated me. THANK YOU for making my career and a more attainable physique popular and respected. I also want to thank my x-wife Tara, who believed in me and told me from day 1 that I could be a top pro...and contrary to what many thought would happen, I went from a personal trainer with what some would say were "Lofty and insane goals," to becoming world known professional bodybuilder. I'm here to tell you, you can do anything you put your mind to and you can achieve things in life that people would never imagine, but that's the difference between those who accomplish huge feats and those who don't, they can imagine it and they believe in the power of the mind to achieving any goal you have!
While I am retiring from competition, I will never leave the sport entirely and will be involved in different ways, some to be announced soon. I love the sport and am still here for seminars, appearances, training and anything else that will help contribute to those wanting to accomplish their health and fitness goals. So with this, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and want to say to all of you striving towards a goal, NEVER,EVER,EVER GIVE UP!!!
Please post your favorite contest or candid picture of me for my memories.
Troy

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Troy Alves retired
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:10:38 PM »
Best of luck to Troy!

That guy has always been a class act and a great bodybuilder..

"1"

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »
Prob will look the same

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 03:22:10 PM »
Troy looked better than all the top guys he competed with in the last 10 years or so.

Symmetrical,proportioned,no gut,and ripped to shreds.

Got marked down for not having ripped glutes all while being at 4 % bodyfat................g ive me a fucking break.  :(

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 03:26:08 PM »
met him in venice years back in the 90s when he was an amateur still trying to win the usa nationals, was a nice guy then and stayed that way as he became successful, pity hes competing in an era of bodybuilding where his strengths are not recognised enough.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 03:27:35 PM »
met him in venice years back in the 90s when he was an amateur still trying to win the usa nationals, was a nice guy then and stayed that way as he became successful, pity hes competing in an era of bodybuilding where his strengths are not recognised enough.
It sure is,a physique like Troy had should have been the standard in my opinion.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 03:28:21 PM »

I met him back in 2006...dude was hella cool...

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 03:58:20 PM »
Troy has a beautiful physique.
One of the real good and honest bodybuilder.
$

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »
Gotta laugh at all the twinks around here saying they don't want to gain more muscle mass because they are going for aesthetics and they don't want guts  ::) meanwhile look at all the muscle on Troy and Darram Charles...dudes looked muscular as fuck and still looked great.
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »
A class guy took a ectomorph structure to the limit good luck in the future Troy.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 04:51:52 PM »
Troy lived the dream, made his billions in bb and now it's time to retire.

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 05:12:55 PM »
fare ware legend!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
All the best Troy! 

dustin

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 06:02:08 PM »
Good humble dude retired the same way. Shame he was born in the wrong era and never got true appreciation for his physique.

Wish him all the best.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 06:24:11 PM »
Great bodybuilder, great guy. I wish him all the best and thanks for staying true to the true meaning of the sport.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 06:27:42 PM »
I'm a big fan of Troy.  Great guy, great physique.  I wish there were more like him.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 07:15:11 PM »
2 dudes in one week, Marcas Haley and Troy. I guess they are watching all the people dropping dead lately.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 07:16:50 PM »
Great bodybuilder, great guy. I wish him all the best and thanks for staying true to the true meaning of the sport.

He was a righteous Hebrew and a good man.