Author Topic: Facebook and Twitter  (Read 1825 times)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Facebook and Twitter
« on: January 09, 2014, 07:50:51 PM »
I had a facebook account many moons ago. However I just didn't use it so I deleted it or closed it down.

It seems like everybody either has Facebook or Twitter.

Is this something someone should seriously have nowadays? Will it benefit me? What do you all use these accounts for?

Are these pretty much the same thing, only different companies? I see them mentioned all the time.

I thought this kind of stuff was mostly for teens and children, but it seems everyone has these nowadays.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Facebook and Twitter
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 07:54:57 PM »
I don't have it either so you are all good in my books.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »
I don't have it and won't for as long as possible. It's a control device used by the surveillance tribe...They are however integrating it into almost everything we do. Pretty soon people will be paying their bills through these types of services where they will give discounts for people who use it. Imagine how many people will sign up when they offer 50% off their heating bill or other tricks to bring you in...

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:03:40 PM »
I had a facebook account many moons ago. However I just didn't use it so I deleted it or closed it down.

It seems like everybody either has Facebook or Twitter.

Is this something someone should seriously have nowadays? Will it benefit me? What do you all use these accounts for?

Are these pretty much the same thing, only different companies? I see them mentioned all the time.

I thought this kind of stuff was mostly for teens and children, but it seems everyone has these nowadays.

I echo your sentiments, but I'm likely in the minority as well when it comes to such sites.  In a lot of ways, I find twitter and Facebook the realm of attention whoring, where people feel compelled to share every minutia of their lives for the world to see.  I often joke that Facebook is to keep in touch with friends that you don't like enough to have an actual conversation with.  

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 08:05:13 PM »
I don't have it and won't for as long as possible. It's a control device used by the surveillance tribe...They are however integrating it into almost everything we do. Pretty soon people will be paying their bills through these types of services where they will give discounts for people who use it. Imagine how many people will sign up when they offer 50% off their heating bill or other tricks to bring you in...

I'll join for that reason alone.

I use credit cards for that reason.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 08:06:45 PM »
I have never, ever had a Twitter, myspace or facebook account. I sometimes think I'll set one up but when I see the kinda stuff people post on there, it looks boring and inane.
O

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
the way the world is going, i figure it won't be too long before i'm the only person who isn't on facebook and doesn't have a tattoo.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 08:13:51 PM »
the way the world is going, i figure it won't be too long before i'm the only person who isn't on facebook and doesn't have a tattoo.

I don't have one and I never will.

I've never seen one tattoo that looked good. Ever.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 08:15:10 PM »

Me too. I have also never watched an episode of the Simpsons/pop idol/American idol etc...
O

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 08:16:54 PM »
All these social networking sites are a waste of time.

I prefer getbig
$

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 08:17:47 PM »

Me too. I have also never watched an episode of the Simpsons/pop idol/American idol etc...

Shame on you.  >:(

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 08:26:18 PM »

You people are speaking my language.  I can't stand the cultural devolution of society we've been witnessing for years now. Whether it's through tattoos, social media, or reality shows.  

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 08:27:10 PM »
I hate the term............TWEETING .
::)

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 08:29:26 PM »
don't use any social media except GB
a

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 08:30:02 PM »
I'll join for that reason alone.

I use credit cards for that reason.

And many will follow...By the ads that pop up on your browser, the surveillance tribe knows what you like. They will bombard you with deals you eventually won't be able to ignore. All you will have to do is sign up for things like facebook, twitter etc...They are just ramping this thing up. Things are going to get fukced...You will see a lot of banks adding high fees to simple things that were once free. But if you sign up and go through facebook etc, you won't have to pay those fees. They know exactly what their doing...

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 08:32:11 PM »
I hate the term............TWEETING .
::)

I actually think it's cute.

But what exactly is it? ???

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 08:36:40 PM »
FB is for keeping in touch with friends I used it when it was only meant for college students, I have a twitter but never use it, I find that FB is enough for most things. You are not the only one that does not use FB and twitter many people decide to not use these things in order to be "different" ironically this mentality isn't uncommon as many people do it. I don't care much if a social network has tools i find beneficial I use it.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »
The conspiracy people say that people will soon have a bar code tattoo or something...But that won't be necessary...They'll use things like Facebook to keep people in control. The system will be set up where you have to use one of those services or you won't be able to barter etc. You'll be hard pressed to find too many people who don't have a cell phone...And you can already pay for shit using your cell phone...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »
I actually think it's cute.

But what exactly is it? ???
No clue....I don`t TWEET.  ???

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 08:44:11 PM »
They are cool, I have neither however.

Twitter is cool because just about every musician, athlete, reporter, etc has a twitter and you can correspond with them. Plus it doesn't have to be tied to your name so you can stay anonymous

LinkedIn is the one that'll benefit you the most.  It'll serve as a resume for employers to see, and it's not uncommon to get job offers through it

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 11:39:06 PM »

Haha. Same here but I did watch some of the first season of Pop Idol here in the UK 10 years ago.

Never seen Simpsons, never seen Friends, never seen 90% of the shows people talk about on here.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 11:52:39 PM »
Good for businesses. I have facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 11:57:15 PM »
Good for businesses. I have facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram.

Joe, you gotta keep an eye on the forums my man. People are after you again. Saying something about sucking dick under a towel. I'll try and find the link.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 09:38:27 AM »

this...fb is infiltrating freedom bad..they are trying to make it so everyone is corralled into the fix..need more people to say NO i'm not interested in this shit..they are trying to steal from people...can't look at it in any other way

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 09:42:40 AM »
Joe, you gotta keep an eye on the forums my man. People are after you again. Saying something about sucking dick under a towel. I'll try and find the link.

yap...lotta people saying joe is quite the anxious swallower