Author Topic: Most Christians not sharing the Gospel  (Read 1600 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Most Christians not sharing the Gospel
« on: January 10, 2014, 08:59:17 AM »
http://www.christiantoday.com/article/most.christians.not.sharing.the.gospel/35280.htm

Most Christians not sharing the Gospel

A new survey suggests that Christians are not sharing their faith despite many feeling the responsibility to do so.

In a survey of over 1,000 Canadian Protestants, 43% claimed they felt a "personal responsibility to share my religious beliefs about Jesus Christ with non-Christians".

However, 78% had not "shared with someone how to become a Christian" in the past six months.

The survey was conducted by Nashville-based LifeWay Research, a group that offers qualitative study services to the Christian community to better understand both themselves and their mission fields.

They asked questions including "How many in your city really attend church?", "How receptive are people to invitations to attend church?", "What are residents' perceptions of churches in your city?" and "What affinity (interest) groups exist in your city and do they attend church?"

I think Christians today are scared, uninformed and ill-equiped to face the challenges (the vast of which have solid answers already) amidst the instantaneous and rampant "Googlery" of folks that challenge their faith.   People can so rapidly query information and exploit "bad theology" that sharing faith can be daunting.  Folks need to be willing to respond to questions with compassion and sometimes humbly admit, "I'm sorry I don't have an answer now, but I'll seek one out for you."

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Re: Most Christians not sharing the Gospel
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:02:16 AM »
Every savage out there has heard about Jesus Christ by now.......TV, internet, radio, print etc if they have not accepted him as savior then all I can say is....

BURN HERETIC!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:38:20 AM »
Every savage out there has heard about Jesus Christ by now.......TV, internet, radio, print etc if they have not accepted him as savior then all I can say is....

BURN HERETIC!

You sound like a true Getbigger!

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 04:04:42 AM »

BURN HERETIC!

AMEN
Ψ