Author Topic: t3 experinces  (Read 11716 times)

CycleJunkie

• Getbig II
Re: t3 experinces
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2014, 12:42:50 PM »
Hi chetanbarokar, hopefully I'm not mistaken here but I believe the spirit of SamoanIrishman's question was not whether or not T4 would help but rather wouldn't T3 administration work better (since the body doesn't have to do any conversion and the built in physiological feedback loops exist to adjust TRH/TSH as needed)...thoughts?

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2014, 08:30:42 PM »
Hi chetanbarokar, hopefully I'm not mistaken here but I believe the spirit of SamoanIrishman's question was not whether or not T4 would help but rather wouldn't T3 administration work better (since the body doesn't have to do any conversion and the built in physiological feedback loops exist to adjust TRH/TSH as needed)...thoughts?

Logically speaking, that does make perfect sense to me. And honestly I dont know why they dont prescribe t3 instead of t4 in the context you are speaking of. But I've not seen human grade t3 atleast in India. And all the hypothyroid people I've met, all have been prescribed t4. May be availability could be one of the reasons.
But there should be some concrete reason behind this. Only if some experts on the subject chime in....

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2014, 08:17:30 AM »
That would be cool if someone had a solid answer. My cousin is trying to get in shape and he can't run or do real cardio cause he is too heavy. I think like 330lbs. He has already lost about 20 and still losing as his diet and ECA morning stack are main contributors but he isn't losing fast enough in his opinion.

Long story short he wants to use T3 to help get him below 300 quickly so he can do more cardio without the knee and shin pain. Maybe even use it long term to get down to 250.

I don't know what to tell him since I've never been that heavy

CycleJunkie

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2014, 08:22:39 AM »
To be honest, if someone is over 300 pounds (not lean mass judging by the context of your post) then I think focusing on the fundamentals is more important than just throwing exogenous compounds at the problem.

Exogenous substances shouldn't be used as a crutch.  Help your cousin lean how to structure a proper diet and training regimen and then focus on exogenous substances once the fundamentals are mastered...

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2014, 09:07:46 AM »
Yeah I've done the lecture..he's just impatient. Got him a George Foreman grill and veggie steamer and he is on the right path..averaging about 3-5lbs a week but I think he wants to speed it up a bit.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2014, 10:14:58 AM »
That would be cool if someone had a solid answer. My cousin is trying to get in shape and he can't run or do real cardio cause he is too heavy. I think like 330lbs. He has already lost about 20 and still losing as his diet and ECA morning stack are main contributors but he isn't losing fast enough in his opinion.

Long story short he wants to use T3 to help get him below 300 quickly so he can do more cardio without the knee and shin pain. Maybe even use it long term to get down to 250.

He shouldn't look for excuses. If he can't run he can walk. If he can't walk he can cycle. If he can't cycle he can swim. Whatever gets his heart rate up, and looking at a deli menu doesn't count.

Every minute he is exercizing is one minute less sitting on his ass, thinking about and being near food.

And T3 didn't do shit for me, so on that point I'd also recommend against it.

FYI: I was 315 and fat, so I do know what it is like.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2014, 11:03:30 AM »
He shouldn't look for excuses. If he can't run he can walk. If he can't walk he can cycle. If he can't cycle he can swim. Whatever gets his heart rate up, and looking at a deli menu doesn't count.

Every minute he is exercizing is one minute less sitting on his ass, thinking about and being near food.

yeah that's the speech I gave him but again he is just impatient..I'm going to show him your post. Being a former big dude should add credibility and help him get that it takes time to fix YEARS of self abuse via bad food decisions and habits. He is hard headed :)

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2014, 11:41:52 AM »

hes full of bullshit.what he cant run.

im helping a bit a guy whos 400lbs to lose weight, and he does cardio daily.he can do pinfree cardio for 20 minutes a day,if not,then a 1 hr walk.this will help much more than any t3.
i know walking can be painfull the traps get a pump from just walking,but he has to do it.he has to.period.

bro,hes risking a heart failure with using fatburners.

he must get the mindset of eating much muchless.

the muscle he has under that fat,the whole body doesnt work properly until he starts to eat clean.and little.

it will be hell and the t3 wont make a difference.
n

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2014, 02:45:30 PM »
Yeah I told him and don't get me wrong his wife is making sure he is ACCURATELY recording his food intake (we agreed she'd keep him honest) and he does walk and swim he just wants to speed up the process.

The fact that he is so big I told him 3-5lbs (typically more toward the 5lbs end) a week is good fat loss. I think I should maybe motivate him with a little FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt). Your point on blowing out his heart and maybe tell him that I know his family can't afford plastic surgery so if he loses too much fat to quick that he'll be an ugly wrinkled bag of hanging skin since his skin doesn't have time to tight up

I'm not sourcing him so if he does it ...its all him.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2014, 06:19:28 PM »
Lost6 lbs eating whatever I want..I'm flat as a pancake but I m sticking with the plan
irongearco.com

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2014, 07:00:38 PM »

:o

how much you weigh now bro?

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2014, 08:03:23 PM »
:o

how much you weigh now bro?

not trying to start shit of he says he was fat I trust him. Why lie? Respect. he admitted it and is working to improve. It helps others that are big and want to BB but don't know how to start or feels like its not possible. I appreciate his comment for what its worth. A bit harsh but at least he can say he lived the reality vs. He read that shit in a magazine.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2014, 08:24:28 PM »
Yeah I told him and don't get me wrong his wife is making sure he is ACCURATELY recording his food intake (we agreed she'd keep him honest) and he does walk and swim he just wants to speed up the process.

The fact that he is so big I told him 3-5lbs (typically more toward the 5lbs end) a week is good fat loss. I think I should maybe motivate him with a little FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt). Your point on blowing out his heart and maybe tell him that I know his family can't afford plastic surgery so if he loses too much fat to quick that he'll be an ugly wrinkled bag of hanging skin since his skin doesn't have time to tight up

I'm not sourcing him so if he does it ...its all him.
tell him that doing cardio and moving around will be much more helpful than any fatburners.thatll accelerate things best.

he better gets used to doing it, if the mindset is "lazy mode" this wont give good results.

i know how it is, helping a similiar guy,but this one is truly motivated.

one good thing, ppl with so much fat have fast metabolism, bodyfat is an metalicaly active substance too, just 4 times less than muscle is.

but it add up, if the guy is moving around in any way,hes using a hsitton of energy, can realy lose weight fast.
n

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2014, 02:14:55 AM »
Full (and painful) disclosure:

At 315 Lbs (5'11")  :-X

At 195 Lbs about two years later. No roids, no clen, a bit of ECA (briefly, didn't like it), just biking and not eating like I was just released from Auschwitz. And just saying "no". Who gives a shit if it is someone's, or even your own, birthday? I'm not eating a piece of cake.

Yes, still looks like shit. About 20 Lbs heavier now, most of it muscle. Not all of it, I'm no longer as delusional as I was back in the day. The excess skin with stretch marks will be with me for life, I'm afraid. Fun factoid: It's very hard to inject subcutaneous in my belly fat, because of the immense scarring of the stretch marks. ::)

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2014, 07:07:06 AM »
Dude let people talk trash but props man for taking back your life. You literally added years to your life man. I'll show him your pictures for motivation and that you have little loose skin but if he tried to lose too fast he would have way more which would require surgery.

Keep us posted man, id be interested in your progress ever 6 months or so

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2014, 09:56:01 AM »
Full (and painful) disclosure:

At 315 Lbs (5'11")  :-X

At 195 Lbs about two years later. No roids, no clen, a bit of ECA (briefly, didn't like it), just biking and not eating like I was just released from Auschwitz. And just saying "no". Who gives a shit if it is someone's, or even your own, birthday? I'm not eating a piece of cake.

Yes, still looks like shit. About 20 Lbs heavier now, most of it muscle. Not all of it, I'm no longer as delusional as I was back in the day. The excess skin with stretch marks will be with me for life, I'm afraid. Fun factoid: It's very hard to inject subcutaneous in my belly fat, because of the immense scarring of the stretch marks. ::)
you DO NOT LOOK LIKE SHIT at all bro, that is a hell of a good job, wow, keep the results coming bro. Great Hustle right there.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »
wow, phreak, this is an incredible tv worthy transformation brother.

you went from ugly fat swine with fat pouring from cheeks and uncountable chins to real handsome man with sqaure jaw,no homo, and you have lost about 2 stomachs, this is extremly impressive.

fucking hell in the before pics even your fingers were bloated ;D ;D

also, good muscle thickness, this is now a state where you know how they say "now were talkign"

brutal respect.

almost nobody in the world manages such a comeback,this is inspirational even to me.

you got yourself a new life.

i read some bs essays how lost fat comes back blabla, ofc itll come back if old habbits come back, but your trasnformation is proving the opposite.

keep always doing bit cardio bro, cardio keeps one from getting fat better than anything,in some ways.

and never ever fall into a bulking pattern, not even for muscle gains.

im not finding enough words for compliments.

8)
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 18, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
btw, nate, not sure if youre still here or back on the other boarding ;D

but i wanted to point out, from what i remember when i ran t3 for too long(didnt use it in 10 years+), my thyroids would sweel and neck would hurt trerribly so bad that i had to go off and then it got better.

btw agree, the recovery after going off is easy,recovers fast and wuick and you feel better anyway with the flatness gone after going off
n

growing lad

• Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2014, 12:20:28 PM »
you went from 315lbs of disgusting fatso slob to a good looking mofo...slight homo

good job mate in all honesty u saved your own life something not many obese people have the will poewer to do

CycleJunkie

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2014, 03:08:21 PM »
but i wanted to point out, from what i remember when i ran t3 for too long(didnt use it in 10 years+), my thyroids would sweel and neck would hurt trerribly so bad that i had to go off and then it got better.

btw agree, the recovery after going off is easy,recovers fast and wuick and you feel better anyway with the flatness gone after going off

Was this actually human grade thyroid medication that caused these symptoms?

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2014, 01:59:36 AM »
Thanks for the positive words everyone.  :)

My weight loss is a three-phase program:

1. Lose a shit ton of weight (didn't care about muscle loss). This was finished successfully.
2. Gain back some amount of muscle, but not get heavier than 220 Lbs. Just finished this.
3. Lose fat, and only fat, down to 200 Lbs and stay there forever. This phase was started two days ago. Full-on galeniko diet, no T3. ;D

SamoanIrishman: get your protege to understand that 5 Lbs of weight loss per week is great. In fact looking back I would say that it is probably too fast, not too slow. My excess skin problems started at the initial rapid drop in weight (315 -> 265), but didn't get worse from 265 to 200.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2014, 02:51:52 AM »
Was this actually human grade thyroid medication that caused these symptoms?
yes, some spanish company i think, was branded "triacana"

n

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2014, 09:27:59 AM »

Patience is a virtue. He did not gain all that weight over night, nor will he lose it over night. Like husband phreak I lost a lot of weight. Despite having rheumatoid arthritis and despite a few prednison shots. I went from 97,5 kg (215 lbs) to 63,5 kg (140 lbs). So together we lost a complete adult in weight.  ;D

It takes time, and it takes willpower. You can ALWAYS come up with an excuse not to exercise. Truth is, you can ALWAYS do some form of exercise, no matter how 'insignificant' it seems. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk or cycle instead of taking the car or the bus. Take baby steps if you need to, literally if that's what it takes!

Before I gained all this fat, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Not exercising and emo binge eating made me whalish. Due to the arthritis I could not run, I could not cycle or walk very far, I could hardly climb a stair or even lift a pack of sugar. But I could walk little distances, I could swim a few laps. And every time I pushed myself to go a little further. I can now hike with a backpack for kilometers without effort, swim 80 laps in an hour without much effort and leg press more than the 'tough' guys in the gym. 8)

So don't come up with the bullshit that if you can't do a 'proper' cardio/training then it's not worth it!

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2014, 09:46:07 AM »
A tip for big eaters: replace your dinner plate for a breakfast plate, and your breakfast plate for a dessert plate, or even smaller plates. Your meal looks bigger, tricking your mind you had a big fullfilling meal. Works for phreak (and me)...  :D

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2014, 05:30:41 PM »
lol, did you read the book too, phreaks wife? ;D
n