Author Topic: Shredded physique but bloated face.....reason?  (Read 13159 times)

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
Shredded physique but bloated face.....reason?
« on: January 11, 2014, 01:45:57 AM »
I've seen several competitors with ripped physiques but their face is bloated/puffy and not sunken like we usually expect when one gets contest lean.
Reason?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: Shredded physique but bloated face.....reason?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 03:39:35 AM »
I've seen several competitors with ripped physiques but their face is bloated/puffy and not sunken like we usually expect when one gets contest lean.
Reason?

some guys get a lean face at lower bodyfat than others (see Flex Wheeler's face when at the '93 and 98 Arnold and at the 98 and 99 mr O and compare that to his other wins.. he was still 'lean', but not as lean as he needed to be to get his cheekbones popping.... same with Kevin Levrone). my face gets sucked in around 5-6%, especially around cheekbones and eyes... and the 'monkey-face' is more pronounced.

some guys can be 'contest ready' at 5% bf, not have a lean face, use diuretics for the show and have ripped physiques onstage with soft, thick cheeks/faces. See Nasser or matt duvall or craig titus.

of course, gh affects some guys faces and skin differently. some guys will get 'thicker' looking skin on it, especially around the face/cheeks/eyes.

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 11:48:35 AM »
some guys get a lean face at lower bodyfat than others (see Flex Wheeler's face when at the '93 and 98 Arnold and at the 98 and 99 mr O and compare that to his other wins.. he was still 'lean', but not as lean as he needed to be to get his cheekbones popping.... same with Kevin Levrone). my face gets sucked in around 5-6%, especially around cheekbones and eyes... and the 'monkey-face' is more pronounced.

some guys can be 'contest ready' at 5% bf, not have a lean face, use diuretics for the show and have ripped physiques onstage with soft, thick cheeks/faces. See Nasser or matt duvall or craig titus.

of course, gh affects some guys faces and skin differently. some guys will get 'thicker' looking skin on it, especially around the face/cheeks/eyes.

This explains it very well. Thanks ESFitness. Good info indeed.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 11:16:56 PM »
Reason?
long term slin use. A lot of these guys did not have puffy cheeks when they first started competing.

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 07:38:57 AM »
Thanks OTH. Can you explain the reason behind slin usage and puffy face when rest of the body is pretty lean?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 08:49:37 AM »
Thanks OTH. Can you explain the reason behind slin usage and puffy face when rest of the body is pretty lean?
Visceral fat build up through out the years.

See I attend 15 shows a year so I see 1000 bodybuilders and talk to them and what I find is a lot of them are on slin but still have an EPIC LEAN FACE, i have never seen any regional competitor that comes in shredded with a bloat face. Why? the answer is because they have not used slin for that long at the regional level....

then I attend the pro shows where the norm is chipmonk cheeks and I am like WTF, so the only conclusion is that slin does not give you chubby cheeks instantly but gradually throughout years and here is how;

Slin drops any macro nutrient running in the blood stream right into the cells, particularly muscle cells, and organs including skin but unlike other hormones slin brings in any fat nutrients and carb nutrient along with the amino acid, so instead of bringing protein only it delvers fat.

Now picture a raw steak with white lines of fat running through it, this is more or less what a muscle would look like with visceral fat within the muscle, so a little of it may not hinder your look or change the shape or graininess of the muscle but a lot would and once that muscle has those white streaks of fat going through it, simple dieting will not eliminate that any more and your physique is ruined.

Now imagine the visceral fat inside of an organ and you get an idea why years and years of Slin use will result in CHIPMONK CHEEKS.

hth

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 03:31:54 PM »
So for guys new to using slin with gh , what are "safe lower" dosages to use anywhere from 5-30ius ed gradually obviously....

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the explanation OTH. Much appreciated the response.
 :)

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 07:51:34 PM »
So for guys new to using slin with gh , what are "safe lower" dosages to use anywhere from 5-30ius ed gradually obviously....

Just use enough to keep blood sugar normal while on the gh
or don't dose the gh so high you have high blood sugar

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 08:53:14 PM »

use as much slin as you need to keep blood sugar under 105 when on gh.

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 11:11:24 PM »
use as much slin as you need to keep blood sugar under 105 when on gh.

what do you need to test blood sugar and when and how should you be testing it... looking to grab a bunch of serostims not sure what dosage im going to run yet but i plan on using slin on and off while on it. was going to start with 5ius and work my way up to 15iu (slin) not looking for the  mega dosed slin look

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »
So using slin (low dose when cutting with gh, etc.) when is optimal time for slin usage if only dosing once per day (slin)  would it be post workout or pre?  and say i were to use 5 iu insulin would that mean i would need 50 grams of carbs to offset any hypo sides? i know most guys use a whey shake with vitargo in it for example, how about something like up your mass taken post workout, or even a gatorade or is gatorade more used when shooting slin pre wo and sipping the gatorade throughout the workout?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 02:10:54 AM »
So using slin (low dose when cutting with gh, etc.) when is optimal time for slin usage if only dosing once per day (slin)  would it be post workout or pre?  and say i were to use 5 iu insulin would that mean i would need 50 grams of carbs to offset any hypo sides? i know most guys use a whey shake with vitargo in it for example, how about something like up your mass taken post workout, or even a gatorade or is gatorade more used when shooting slin pre wo and sipping the gatorade throughout the workout?

post meals

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 05:54:07 AM »
post meals
assuming the poster you responded too meant he is dieting when he said ''cutting'' then posts meals would not be ideal for him. Some veterans can get away with this but not safe considering the low carb approach people take while dieting.

So I propose to concentrate the slin use in a single shot post workout with a quick sugary drink and a protein shake with all the nutrients stacked into it or a combined big shake followed by a meal. I know we always make fun of the ''anabolic window'' post workout but in this case the window is real lol.  :D

I also do not recommend pre-workout slin while dieting cause it is easier to go hypo on a calorie deficit and pre-workout is an already ''proceed with caution approach'' so always play it safe.

Take in half of your 2 beverages before the slin then sip on the rest, then have a small meal.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 01:55:06 PM »
assuming the poster you responded too meant he is dieting when he said ''cutting'' then posts meals would not be ideal for him. Some veterans can get away with this but not safe considering the low carb approach people take while dieting.

So I propose to concentrate the slin use in a single shot post workout with a quick sugary drink and a protein shake with all the nutrients stacked into it or a combined big shake followed by a meal. I know we always make fun of the ''anabolic window'' post workout but in this case the window is real lol.  :D

I also do not recommend pre-workout slin while dieting cause it is easier to go hypo on a calorie deficit and pre-workout is an already ''proceed with caution approach'' so always play it safe.

Take in half of your 2 beverages before the slin then sip on the rest, then have a small meal.

I was more thinking using it as a way to control blood sugar while on HGH

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »

What type of slin do you recommend with this one shot post workout approach?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 03:46:23 PM »
What type of slin do you recommend with this one shot post workout approach?
you want a fast acting humalog or something equivalent that is classified as ''rapid'' acting, the absolute best is novorapid insulin aspart.

Humilin R will work as well although it is a short acting insulin and not a rapid acting insulin, however there is very little difference, as the ''rapid'' acting slin ends in 3 and half hours and the humilin R ends in 5 hours.

Do not ever take this type of slin for a breakfast meal, in this case use a long acting insulin like humilin N.

Now back to the reasoning, well after a workout you want to act fast cause with slin- nutrients do get delivered better where the blood is being circulated, hence the pump is important, this is why you see guys with 22inch arms doing one arm preacher curls with 30lb. The more blood gorged into the muscle the more nutrient will be delivered by the post workout slin shot. Now you need a fast acting slin do give it the punch, a more concentrated shock of nutrients to drop from your blood stream to the muscle cell.

This is insulin 101  ;)

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 04:06:01 PM »
Which is the best slin to get OTC in the states, i believe there is only that is available in the pharmacies? i may be wrong though, im a total slin newb.  Im just looking for what you just mentioned the fast acting slin post workout to get the nutrients right into the muscle from a massive pump. 

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 04:16:26 PM »
Which is the best slin to get OTC in the states, i believe there is only that is available in the pharmacies? i may be wrong though, im a total slin newb.  Im just looking for what you just mentioned the fast acting slin post workout to get the nutrients right into the muscle from a massive pump. 
actual brand names will very depending where you live, so google rapid acting OTC insulin in the states and you will find all kinds of brands.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »
actual brand names will very depending where you live, so google rapid acting OTC insulin in the states and you will find all kinds of brands.
since this thread turned into a slin thread (my bad) keep in mind everyone that 1ml = 100 IU's, never forget that, especially the guys who have done gh.

safety. very dangerous compound, do not recommend to anyone, Do all the research you can.

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 07:36:31 PM »
looks like in my state can only get long acting slin otc not rapid or quick acting... sweet

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »
you want a fast acting humalog or something equivalent that is classified as ''rapid'' acting, the absolute best is novorapid insulin aspart.

Humilin R will work as well although it is a short acting insulin and not a rapid acting insulin, however there is very little difference, as the ''rapid'' acting slin ends in 3 and half hours and the humilin R ends in 5 hours.

Do not ever take this type of slin for a breakfast meal, in this case use a long acting insulin like humilin N.

Now back to the reasoning, well after a workout you want to act fast cause with slin- nutrients do get delivered better where the blood is being circulated, hence the pump is important, this is why you see guys with 22inch arms doing one arm preacher curls with 30lb. The more blood gorged into the muscle the more nutrient will be delivered by the post workout slin shot. Now you need a fast acting slin do give it the punch, a more concentrated shock of nutrients to drop from your blood stream to the muscle cell.

This is insulin 101  ;)

thanks mate, so how much humalin r or novarapid would you suggest for myself a first time user for that post workout shot? Does the Humalin R not peak again a couple of times necessitating a couple more carb meals in the proceeding hours?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 03:27:50 AM »
thanks mate, so how much humalin r or novarapid would you suggest for myself a first time user for that post workout shot? Does the Humalin R not peak again a couple of times necessitating a couple more carb meals in the proceeding hours?
you are good for a 10 iu shot since you are a big guy and know the ropes better, normally I would only encourage 5 iu for starters but you are good with 10

Now try and keep the slin shot within minutes of the workout then down a carb drink and a shake immediately to replenish glycogen and aminos in the blood, once the slin kicks in within 10-15 minutes it will start dropping your blood sugar levels and shuttle everything into your muscles. The key is to have a huge pump, then start eating your food, from here you have 3.5 hours of slin use so eat a lot but stay away from fat, grease and shit like that.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 05:04:29 AM »
you are good for a 10 iu shot since you are a big guy and know the ropes better, normally I would only encourage 5 iu for starters but you are good with 10

Now try and keep the slin shot within minutes of the workout then down a carb drink and a shake immediately to replenish glycogen and aminos in the blood, once the slin kicks in within 10-15 minutes it will start dropping your blood sugar levels and shuttle everything into your muscles. The key is to have a huge pump, then start eating your food, from here you have 3.5 hours of slin use so eat a lot but stay away from fat, grease and shit like that.

Any reason not to do it pre-workout?
I imagine fat gain would be higher

GettingBig

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 08:49:02 AM »

This is insulin 101  ;)

this..