Author Topic: Coffee for great minds.  (Read 7928 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Coffee for great minds.
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 09:11:48 PM »
Coffee is the major source of antioxidants in most people's diet.

Reduces the chance of Type II diabeetus

Liver protectant

They'll give coffee to you in the hospital but in cancer centers they tell you to stay away from it. Coffee is brutally acidic and help promote stomach acids that back up into the esophagus. GERD is one of the first signs of major stomach problems down the road...Type II diabetes is without has a doubt a yeast connection. Yeast and a acidic environment go hand and hand...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 09:20:50 PM »
Van,it could be that coffee has saved my liver from being damaged.

I`ve been drinking coffee forever.

I also drank heavily and did lots of rec drugs off and on for years..more booze than drugs  but my share of drugs were also ingested.

Couple that with gear use for many years...nothing too exhoribitant,but at times dosages were high for periods.

Anyway,recently had blood work done and my liver values were excellent,so I`m thankful for that.

reaches for coffee cup and smiles

Coffee most likely didn't save your liver...You just happen to stop before cirrhosis set in...If you were a heavy drinker than you had a fatty liver and probably Hepatitis that never reached cirrhosis. Some people can drink heavily for 25 years and not reach Cirrhosis...Others can reach it in 5 years...Its a weird thing...Only 15% of heavy drinkers reach cirrhosis and that's probably a hereditary thing. Also Liver values don't tell the whole story about the liver. Some people with Cirrhosis of the liver have almost perfect liver values. It isn't until they get a biopsy that the damage is seen and believe it or not, some people have had biopsy's that showed no scarring of the liver only to come back months later with another biopsy and have stage V cirrhosis...As if the doctor missed it the first time or the liver was doing some strange things...Most people who drink a lot of coffee have IBS. Funny thing is most people don't even know they have Irritable Bowel Syndrome or no what it is...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 09:31:11 PM »
I hear you......coffee keeps me going.

Here's why

Cut and paste job

Caffeine puts your body into stress. A single 250 milligram dose of caffeine (the equivalent of about 2.5 six ounce cups of coffee) has been shown to increase levels of the stress hormone epinephrine (adrenaline) by over 200%.

Caffeine triggers a classic fight-or-flight reaction. The fight-or-flight response was designed for events that happened only occasionally (such as a lion chasing you). Now, we put our body in fight-or-flight every day with caffeine!!! Since we are in society, we don't respond in a fight-or-flight way. Instead, other things may happen. For example, sugar and fat get dumped unused in the bloodstream. The sugar creates more stress. The fat clogs the arteries. The digestive system slows or shuts down.

Caffeine does not give you energy. It stimulates your nervous system and adrenals. That's not energy, that's stress. Imagine going to a bank for a loan. The loan officer agrees to your loan. But as you leave the bank you notice the fine print - the loan has to be repaid at 75% interest! The 'energy' that you think you get from caffeine is really just a loan from the adrenals and liver, and the interest you have to pay is very high.

Stress is a major factor in disorders such as anxiety, insomnia, depression, ulcers, rheumatoid arthritis, headache, hypoglycemia, asthma, herpes, hypertension and heart disease. And yet hospitals provide coffee and tea, which put your body into stress!!!

DHEA is our vitality hormone. Decreased levels of DHEA is a cause of aging. Caffeine consumption leads to DHEA deficiency. Caffeine on a regular basis is an aging drug...No different than any other stimulants.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2014, 09:34:38 PM »
Giving it up is incredibly moronic as it is one of the most beneficial substances for humans.  Not only does it protect against several types of cancers, it improves brain function and nearly ensures a healthy brain well into old age combating against dementia, Alzheimer etc...  There are only negatives to not ingesting caffeine.  Only a moron would stop.

LMAO...Dementia will soon be known as Type III Diabetes...Which is a yeast/acidic connection. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2014, 10:39:01 PM »
Coffee is the major source of antioxidants in most people's diet.

Reduces the chance of Type II diabeetus

Liver protectant

No kidding?  impressive!

Researchers have discovered that an increased caffeine intake may reduce the risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, according to a study published in the journal Hepatology.

A team from the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School (Duke-NUS) and the Duke University School of Medicine used cell culture and mice as models for the effects of caffeine on the liver disease.

The study found that consuming the caffeine equivalent of four cups of coffee or tea a day may prevent and protect against the progression of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in humans.

People with NAFLD have a build up of extra fat in liver cells that is not caused by alcohol - according to the American Liver Foundation, up to a quarter of Americans have the disease, and there is no treatment, only prevention through diet and exercise.

The study's researchers show that caffeine reduces fat content within the liver and "stimulates β-oxidation in hepatic cells and liver via an autophagy-lysosomal pathway."

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2014, 10:47:04 PM »
Caffeine as a Cancer Cell KILLER

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130418100150.htm

Researchers Abuzz Over Caffeine as 'Cancer-Cell Killer'

Apr. 18, 2013 — Researchers from the University of Alberta are abuzz after using fruit flies to find new ways of taking advantage of caffeine's lethal effects on cancer cells -- results that could one day be used to advance cancer therapies for people.

Previous research has established that caffeine interferes with processes in cancer cells that control DNA repair, a finding that has generated interest in using the stimulant as a chemotherapy treatment. But given the toxic nature of caffeine at high doses, researchers from the faculties of medicine and dentistry and science instead opted to use it to identify genes and pathways responsible for DNA repair.

"The problem in using caffeine directly is that the levels you would need to completely inhibit the pathway involved in this DNA repair process would kill you," said Shelagh Campbell, co-principal investigator. "We've come at it from a different angle to find ways to take advantage of this caffeine sensitivity."

Lead authors Ran Zhuo and Xiao Li, both PhD candidates, found that fruit flies with a mutant gene called melanoma antigen gene, or MAGE, appeared normal when fed a regular diet but died when fed food supplemented with caffeine.

On closer inspection, the researchers found that the mutant flies' cells were super-sensitive to caffeine, with the drug triggering "cell suicide" called apoptosis. Flies fed the caffeine-laden diet developed grossly disfigured eyes.

Through this work, the research team identified three genes responsible for a multi-protein complex, called SMC5/SMC6/MAGE, which regulates DNA repair and the control of cell division. Neither process works properly in cancer cells.

Co-principal investigator Rachel Wevrick explains that this finding is significant because it means that scientists one day could be able to take advantage of cancer-cell sensitivity to caffeine by developing targeted treatments for cancers with specific genetic changes. Their results were published in the March issue of the peer-reviewed journal PLOS One.

"Unless you actually know what it is those proteins are doing in the first place to make a cell a cancer cell instead of a normal cell, it's hard to know what to do with that information," she says. "You need to know which genes and proteins are the really bad actors, how these proteins work and which of them work in a pathway you know something about where you can actually tailor a treatment around that information."

Along with Wevrick and Campbell as lead investigators, the project also included biological sciences professor Kirst King-Jones and medical geneticist Sarah Hughes. It's the type of research-intensive environment that benefits students who gain experience working with peers as part of a team, Wevrick says.

"The U of A has a reputation for co-operation, and that's not the case everywhere. People here are very willing to share their results and their successes, and work together."

The research was funded by the Cancer Research Society, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2014, 10:48:23 PM »
http://www.webmd.com/melanoma-skin-cancer/news/20120702/caffeine-linked-to-lower-skin-cancer-risk

Caffeine Linked to Lower Skin Cancer Risk

July 2, 2012 -- That refreshing glass of iced coffee or iced tea might do more than cool you off in the summer heat. A new study of nearly 113,000 men and women found a link between those who took in the most caffeine and a lower risk of the most common type of skin cancer.

About 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime, and 4 out of 5 of them will be diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma, according to the researchers. The number of new cases is increasing by 4% to 8% each year, suggesting that basal cell carcinoma will soon be as common as all other cancers combined, they write.

The three most common types of skin cancer are basal cell, squamous cell, and melanoma. Basal cell can often be cured, and melanoma is the deadliest.

The researchers followed women from the Nurses' Health Study and men from the Health Professionals Follow-Up Study. Every other year, study participants completed mailed questionnaires with the latest information about their lifestyle, diet, and medical history. And every questionnaire asked participants how frequently they had consumed caffeinated and decaf coffee, tea, cola, and chocolate in the previous two years.

The researchers collected 24 years' worth of information from 72,921 women and 22 years' worth from 39,976 men. Coffee was by far the most common source of caffeine.

After taking into account other factors related to skin cancer risk, such as the number of severe sunburns and natural hair color, the researchers found that women who ate or drank the most caffeine had an 18% lower risk of basal cell skin cancer than women who ate or drank the least. In men, the biggest caffeine consumers had a 13% lower risk of basal cell carcinoma than those who consumed the least.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2014, 10:51:57 PM »
Coffee most likely didn't save your liver...You just happen to stop before cirrhosis set in...If you were a heavy drinker than you had a fatty liver and probably Hepatitis that never reached cirrhosis. Some people can drink heavily for 25 years and not reach Cirrhosis...Others can reach it in 5 years...Its a weird thing...Only 15% of heavy drinkers reach cirrhosis and that's probably a hereditary thing. Also Liver values don't tell the whole story about the liver. Some people with Cirrhosis of the liver have almost perfect liver values. It isn't until they get a biopsy that the damage is seen and believe it or not, some people have had biopsy's that showed no scarring of the liver only to come back months later with another biopsy and have stage V cirrhosis...As if the doctor missed it the first time or the liver was doing some strange things...Most people who drink a lot of coffee have IBS. Funny thing is most people don't even know they have Irritable Bowel Syndrome or no what it is...
Hope this helps.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/08august/Pages/Coffeee-protects-against-bowel-cancer.aspx

Four cups of coffee a day 'protects against bowel cancer'

Wednesday August 29 2012

Participants who drunk six or more cups of coffee a day had a 39% reduction in risk of bowel cancer

‘Six cups of coffee a day could cut the risk of bowel cancer by 40 per cent

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2014, 11:21:01 PM »
No wonder I`m still as sharp as a tack,virile,masculine,clear headed,and great looking.

Coffee for the win!  LOL  ;D

You're also handsome, courageous, parsimonious, cunning, brave, and gentle.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2014, 11:22:21 PM »
Anyone try this "bulletproof coffee" thing I read about?

Basically a tablespoon of butter and tablespoon of MCT-oil in your coffee.

I've been wanting to try this for forever. Supposed to be delicious as well as top notch coffee to boot.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 12:39:28 AM »
Giving it up is incredibly moronic as it is one of the most beneficial substances for humans.  Not only does it protect against several types of cancers, it improves brain function and nearly ensures a healthy brain well into old age combating against dementia, Alzheimer etc...  There are only negatives to not ingesting caffeine.  Only a moron would stop.

Without being certain, I guess many of the positive ingredients in coffee can be found in other foods as well?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2014, 12:51:37 AM »
Without being certain, I guess many of the positive ingredients in coffee can be found in other foods as well?
As long as its caffeine.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2014, 01:11:12 AM »
Adonis, thanks for those sources. Interesting.  :)

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2014, 01:25:37 AM »
Adonis, thanks for those sources. Interesting.  :)

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2014, 03:09:27 AM »
For all the heavy caffeine users, try giving caffeine up for a week. Only then can you see how much it fukcs up your system...The reason people who use it think they need it is because if they stop for even a day, they go through withdrawal. Withdrawals that can be as bad as a lot of hard core drug withdrawals...The body needs two months to get to where it can regulate itself without caffeine. Many people just can't handle the withdrawal from it and continue to use thinking it helps them. After two months straight off of caffeine and you will see that its a total sham...

The severity of withdrawal symptoms are dosage dependent.  Tapering off slowly is recommended.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 04:18:13 AM »
Never been much of a coffeedrinker. Went the ephedrine way instead. That kicks ass. 300mg caff tab, 50mg ephedrine 30mins preworkout. Retarded it's not legal anymore...you can usually get some from anabolics supplier anyway....
MIRAGETROPIN

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 06:01:41 AM »
Never been much of a coffeedrinker. Went the ephedrine way instead. That kicks ass. 300mg caff tab, 50mg ephedrine 30mins preworkout. Retarded it's not legal anymore...you can usually get some from anabolics supplier anyway....

I agree about the E, but you'll probably be better off in the long run.  I know a few people from back in the day who abused the shit out of E/C.  They now have prostate enlargement/cancer, heart problems, neuropathy, diabetes, multiple muscle/ligament tears, etc... 

These stimulants are very nasty stuff when abused.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 06:43:46 AM »
now... would caffeine pills/chunks of pills provide the same effects?  Or is it something about coffee itself?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 06:53:18 AM »
Interesting info in this thread......just skimming it for now until my coffee kicks in!! ;D

Snoman,as far as cirrhosis being hereditary is concerned,my father contracted it from drinking and I didn`t and I drank way more than he did.

I`m not bragging,just being honest before the jokes/insults come my way.  :)

I love my coffee,and it is far better than the alohol I used to imbibe in,so even if it does have a few negatives,I`ll take it over my former "favorite" potable any day of the week.

Thanks for the info though.  ;)

Still gotta` read Adams posts once I wake up a bit.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 07:12:41 AM »
For all the heavy caffeine users, try giving caffeine up for a week. Only then can you see how much it fukcs up your system...The reason people who use it think they need it is because if they stop for even a day, they go through withdrawal. Withdrawals that can be as bad as a lot of hard core drug withdrawals...The body needs two months to get to where it can regulate itself without caffeine. Many people just can't handle the withdrawal from it and continue to use thinking it helps them. After two months straight off of caffeine and you will see that its a total sham...

I will be 1 year caffeine free in February.  Was never a heavy user, just maybe once every few weeks.  I liked the boost but hated the comedown, and even worse the days long hangover.  Also, it's great for working out, but makes workouts without caffeine feel weak and quickly becomes a crutch.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 07:17:55 AM »
Here's why

Cut and paste job

Caffeine puts your body into stress. A single 250 milligram dose of caffeine (the equivalent of about 2.5 six ounce cups of coffee) has been shown to increase levels of the stress hormone epinephrine (adrenaline) by over 200%.

Caffeine triggers a classic fight-or-flight reaction. The fight-or-flight response was designed for events that happened only occasionally (such as a lion chasing you). Now, we put our body in fight-or-flight every day with caffeine!!! Since we are in society, we don't respond in a fight-or-flight way. Instead, other things may happen. For example, sugar and fat get dumped unused in the bloodstream. The sugar creates more stress. The fat clogs the arteries. The digestive system slows or shuts down.

Caffeine does not give you energy. It stimulates your nervous system and adrenals. That's not energy, that's stress. Imagine going to a bank for a loan. The loan officer agrees to your loan. But as you leave the bank you notice the fine print - the loan has to be repaid at 75% interest! The 'energy' that you think you get from caffeine is really just a loan from the adrenals and liver, and the interest you have to pay is very high.

Stress is a major factor in disorders such as anxiety, insomnia, depression, ulcers, rheumatoid arthritis, headache, hypoglycemia, asthma, herpes, hypertension and heart disease. And yet hospitals provide coffee and tea, which put your body into stress!!!

DHEA is our vitality hormone. Decreased levels of DHEA is a cause of aging. Caffeine consumption leads to DHEA deficiency. Caffeine on a regular basis is an aging drug...No different than any other stimulants.

The loan analogy is perfect, and BTW is true for every stimulant I know of, you always have to pay back that boost with steep interest in the form of a very unpleasant comedown and then days of low energy.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 11:21:36 AM »

Yes it does kick ass...But you won't be able to take it forever. Many are paying the price now for years of ephedrine abuse...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 11:25:37 AM »
The loan analogy is perfect, and BTW is true for every stimulant I know of, you always have to pay back that boost with steep interest in the form of a very unpleasant comedown and then days of low energy.

Ya anyone who has been using caffeine for a long period of time will know that any study showing the benefits of it just doesn't pass the smell test. Coffee makes people get up and do shit...But without a doubt it's an aging drug...As all stimulants are that are abused...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2014, 11:30:38 AM »
Interesting info in this thread......just skimming it for now until my coffee kicks in!! ;D

Snoman,as far as cirrhosis being hereditary is concerned,my father contracted it from drinking and I didn`t and I drank way more than he did.

I`m not bragging,just being honest before the jokes/insults come my way.  :)

I love my coffee,and it is far better than the alohol I used to imbibe in,so even if it does have a few negatives,I`ll take it over my former "favorite" potable any day of the week.

Thanks for the info though.  ;)

Still gotta` read Adams posts once I wake up a bit.

It's very common for an addicts to switch from one thing to other. AA meetings are filled with people drinking gallons of the stimulant... I agree with you though that you are far better off drinking 10 cups of coffee a day then drinking 10 beers a day in the long run...But there is a price to pay on both...Your liver won't give out on you with the coffee but it more cases than not, stomach problems go hand to hand with stims and acidity...Cirrhosis of the liver in the UK is increasing at an alarming rate. What's interesting is young adults in England/UK drink 20 times more tea than in the west...Yet alcoholic liver disease is moving near an epidemic rate there...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2014, 11:31:21 AM »
The severity of withdrawal symptoms are dosage dependent.  Tapering off slowly is recommended.

Yes for sure...