Author Topic: I saw Wolf on Wall Street last night  (Read 17053 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
I saw Wolf on Wall Street last night
« on: January 12, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »
I must admit, it is difficult to find a more obscene, crude, graphic and violent movie. WTF is wrong with people nowadays when something like this passes as entertainment?

PS: I have never seen anything as creepy as the fat kid with fake teeth in my life (well, maybe a few getbiggers can be creepier)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: I saw Wolf on Wall Street last night
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:33:37 AM »
My son wanted to see it. Not a chance in hell.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:34:39 AM »
I must admit, it is difficult to find a more obscene, crude, graphic and violent movie. WTF is wrong with people nowadays when something like this passes as entertainment?

PS: I have never seen anything as creepy as the fat kid with fake teeth in my life (well, maybe a few getbiggers can be creepier)

That's funny you say that because yesterday I was listening to NPR (very liberal radio  :-X ) on the way to a buddies house, there was an interview with DiCaprio. Upon conclusion of the interview and right before break, the announcer said, "you must be at least 18 to see this movie or be accompanied by someone who is and they will very much regret bringing you to see it."  

It certainly caught my attention, and now this. Guess I'll go have to see it. lol

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »
In general, movies for the past two years have been worse and worse in these regards... but this one takes the cake

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 10:38:30 AM »
Random bald Romanian schooling Martin Scorsese on what makes a movie good and bad. I'm sure he will take your criticism to heart. It's a movie that glorifies the problem with culture today and our need for excess.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 10:39:01 AM »

Had family over, did a quick preview of the movie to see if it was acceptable to watch, within the first 3 minutes saw dicaprio tossing midgets, getting a blowjob in his car and sucking drugs out of a whores butthole and decided it probably wasn't family entertainment.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 10:40:13 AM »
The books gave you an idea of what went on, but never really keyed in on the specific acts.   It was more like "we had crazy parties with lots of hookers", but then moved past it.  I guess the movie tries to portray all this, but I haven't seen it.
Y

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 10:40:51 AM »
In general, movies for the past two years have been worse and worse in these regards... but this one takes the cake

But that was and still is the life of many wall street people. The movie captures how many people on wall street behave (drugs, hookers, scandals). Living in NYC, you definitely see assholes like that walking around, arrogant as anything. To you, its impossible to understand how and why a movie like this could be someones life, given you live on the opposite end of the world. But this is the life of many wall street stockbrokers. Obviously, it was exaggerated for the movies. Still, there is a large portion of the movie that rings true.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 10:41:49 AM »
Had family over, did a quick preview of the movie to see if it was acceptable to watch, within the first 3 minutes saw dicaprio tossing midgets, getting a blowjob in his car and sucking drugs out of a whores butthole and decided it probably wasn't family entertainment.

I saw it last night. Almost every other scene has drug usage or breasts. lol
X

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 10:42:30 AM »
looking at the name of the topic i thought you saw dennis wolf in new york ; o

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 10:43:04 AM »
I will pass on this one.

Thanks!  ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 10:44:52 AM »

But that was and still is the life of many wall street people. The movie captures how many people on wall street behave (drugs, hookers, scandals). Living in NYC, you definitely see assholes like that walking around, arrogant as anything. To you, its impossible to understand how and why a movie like this could be someones life, given you live on the opposite end of the world. But this is the life of many wall street stockbrokers. Obviously, it was exaggerated for the movies. Still, there is a large portion of the movie that rings true.
Really? Wow  ::)

I worked as a broker for Morgan Stanley in US ..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 10:45:05 AM »

I saw it last night. Almost every other scene has drug usage or breasts. lol

sounds like a great netflix choice

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »
Random bald Romanian schooling Martin Scorsese on what makes a movie good and bad. I'm sure he will take your criticism to heart. It's a movie that glorifies the problem with culture today and our need for excess.
Ok Ebert

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 10:47:27 AM »
My son wanted to see it. Not a chance in hell.

This movie is all about brutal capitalism. Someone with your political view should applaud that.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »
Really? Wow  ::)

Sure  :D :D

Then you will have known that in the 80s people that were brokers did leave exaggerated lifestyle. Are you saying this is not the case?

I did write that the movie was exaggerated. But many things rings true. IF you were a stock broker, then you should easily know that drugs, hookers, and scandals are probably NOT rare with these guys. So whats so surprising?
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 10:50:47 AM »
Sounds like "Ted".  A friend talked me into buying the Blu Ray, saying it was hilarious!

It took me two days to watch it.  It sucked.  Bathroom humor of the worst kind.  This new film sounds like a moneyed up version of "Ted".  Gratuitous stupidity for the mAsses.  

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »

Sure  :D :D

Then you will have known that in the 80s people that were brokers did leave exaggerated lifestyle. Are you saying this is not the case?

I did write that the movie was exaggerated. But many things rings true. IF you were a stock broker, then you should easily know that drugs, hookers, and scandals are probably NOT rare with these guys. So whats so surprising?
You are totally missing my initial point. Don't worry about it

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 10:57:36 AM »
Seems like the kind of flick Lenin would produce to anger the mob.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 10:57:50 AM »
You are totally missing my initial point. Don't worry about it

No, your initial point was that you cannot fathom how our current society can find such entertainment and possibly humor in something so crude and vile, etc. That how can we as a society sit here and actually laugh at this sort of movie, given its crude nature.

Yes, I get it.
X

lm

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 10:59:21 AM »
Watched it two days ago... definitely worth watching, even though it's 3 hours... not sure why Sev is finding it too much... It's a Scorsese movie not Disney... and a black comedy...

Anyway it's based on this guy's autobiography... so not it's based on a true story to some extent... whatever that means (maybe 1% true lol)...

In my early thirties I used to hang out with a similar crowd for almost a year. After that it took a long time to start enjoying life again without being so "amp'd up'.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 11:02:50 AM »
Watched it two days ago... definitely worth watching, even though it's 3 hours... not sure why Sev is finding it too much... It's a Scorsese movie not Disney... and a black comedy...

Anyway it's based on this guy's autobiography... so not it's based on a true story to some extent... whatever that means (maybe 1% true lol)...

In my early thirties I used to hang out with a similar crowd for almost a year. After that it took a long time to start enjoying life again without being so "amp'd up'.

You probably just dont get it  ::) ::)
X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 11:07:01 AM »

Lol, sure you did.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 11:07:44 AM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 11:10:41 AM »
Lol, sure you did.

The fact of the matter is that he missed the point of the whole movie. He is so taken aback by how people could find this movie entertaining when it was so crude and vile. Yet, you would think someone who supposedly worked on wall street would know that this IS the reality of some peoples lives. Like it or not, its the way it is for some people, yet its so impossible to find entertainment in something that is reality for some people.
X