Author Topic: Daniel Bryans lack of push  (Read 4572 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Daniel Bryans lack of push
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 03:17:51 AM »

The only reason I'm skepitical is my "valedictorian of summer school" rationale.
Vince himself once stated backstage that if u saw DB at grocery store u wouldn't recognize him.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
Vince himself once stated backstage that if u saw DB at grocery store u wouldn't recognize him.

True, but a harsh thing to say about your own talent.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 09:12:56 AM »

True, but a harsh thing to say about your own talent.
Thats typically Vince

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 03:39:45 PM »
Thats typically Vince

I'd rather put over my roster and, thus, my company.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 06:05:17 PM »
His company is thriving. All he cares about is the $$$ and the share price is sky rocketing towards an all time high. It has triples in the last few months and hes not far off a $1billion personal fortune again.

I think he is passed caring about the product as long as the value is there, that killjoy son of a bitch.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 06:22:43 AM »
His company is thriving. All he cares about is the $$$ and the share price is sky rocketing towards an all time high. It has triples in the last few months and hes not far off a $1billion personal fortune again.

I think he is passed caring about the product as long as the value is there, that killjoy son of a bitch.

I can't blame him for his priority, but it contradicts everything we used to hear him being a "true fan" of wrestling.

Truth be told, if it was me, I would probably do the same. And, I'm certain I'm not the only one here who would ultimately go that route.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2014, 07:03:30 AM »
i'll be the first to admit it would all be about the money ha ha, but he's spent 30 years living the jet set liftstyle and has probably spent close to $1 billion during that time. Why not put personal greed aside and just give the fans what they want even for a short run?

Its not like the dynasty is going to crumble and leave them penniless!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2014, 08:53:02 AM »
i'll be the first to admit it would all be about the money ha ha, but he's spent 30 years living the jet set liftstyle and has probably spent close to $1 billion during that time. Why not put personal greed aside and just give the fans what they want even for a short run?

Its not like the dynasty is going to crumble and leave them penniless!

I honestly believe that if he had that quality/ability, he would never have gotten to the level he currently enjoys.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2014, 10:23:41 AM »
U mark my words...once all the older semi-retired wrestlers are too old to wrestle even that one last match..WWE as u know it will be done. Not out..but downsized in a huge way. By semi retired I mean HHH, undertaker, Jericho, batista, brock...etc. Know one is gonna tune in monday nights to watch kofi kingston..fandango or brodus clay over monday night football.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2014, 10:26:58 AM »
U mark my words...once all the older semi-retired wrestlers are too old to wrestle even that one last match..WWE as u know it will be done. Not out..but downsized in a huge way. By semi retired I mean HHH, undertaker, Jericho, batista, brock...etc. Know one is gonna tune in monday nights to watch kofi kingston..fandango or brodus clay over monday night football.

Before the Attitude boom, Vince was supposedly entertaining the idea of downsizing the Fed to more of a regional company/territory.

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2014, 10:32:24 AM »

i thought that too, but they still have cena, punk and coming through are reigns, big e and a few others. no attitude era but i think maybe enough to keep the younger kids interested.

wrestling has been a joke since the days of the attitude era.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2014, 10:35:35 AM »

Before the Attitude boom, Vince was supposedly entertaining the idea of downsizing the Fed to more of a regional company/territory.

He had no choice.  No one was watching his stale product anymore. RAW was taped out of the Becan Theater inNYC ... a 2000 max seating capacity.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »
He had no choice.  No one was watching his stale product anymore. RAW was taped out of the Becan Theater inNYC ... a 2000 max seating capacity.

I remember those shows. I remember seeing Hennig and Flair in a "loser leaves the Fed" match, and wondering why such a big match was taking place in such a small venue.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 12:48:32 PM »

I remember those shows. I remember seeing Hennig and Flair in a "loser leaves the Fed" match, and wondering why such a big match was taking place in such a small venue.
I remember that match as well. Never liked the fact that Flair of all people was jobbing left right and center in the last few months of that first WWE run. IMO he was done after that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2014, 12:54:15 PM »
I remember that match as well. Never liked the fact that Flair of all people was jobbing left right and center in the last few months of that first WWE run. IMO he was done after that.

I think he knew he'd be back in WCW before long, and maybe didn't care too much about the way Vince was using him by then.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2014, 05:38:07 PM »

I think he knew he'd be back in WCW before long, and maybe didn't care too much about the way Vince was using him by then.

Ole Anderson was head booker and had the nerve to say to flair"you lost to Henning on national tv. What use do I have for u now?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2014, 07:50:48 PM »
Crowd just shat all over the Rumble when #30 appeared and it became evident DB wasnt in it. Yeah he has a feud, but for christ sake some of the spots this year were awful. Has to rank amongst the worst rumbles, Batista has NO cardio and the only good thing to come out of it was the emergence of Roman as a power player (which we all knew wa happening anyway).

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2014, 09:16:21 PM »
The Daniel Bryan chant throughout the night was classic  ;D
Bet money the old man was fuming  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 01:56:01 AM »
The Daniel Bryan chant throughout the night was classic  ;D
Bet money the old man was fuming  ;D

Vince may not have much of a choice in this matter.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 05:10:35 AM »
Crowd just shat all over the Rumble when #30 appeared and it became evident DB wasnt in it. Yeah he has a feud, but for christ sake some of the spots this year were awful. Has to rank amongst the worst rumbles, Batista has NO cardio and the only good thing to come out of it was the emergence of Roman as a power player (which we all knew wa happening anyway).
Bullseye

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »
I have just read an interesting tid bit stating definitively that the Bryan scenario is part of a carefully planned angle. The crowd reaction last night was NOT expected at all by WWE but they are delighted that they can incorporate it into the storyline in order to gather a more emotional input my the fanbase.

If this works it could reinvigorate WWE for a time - much like the Punk scenario when he left with the title. Make you believe its real and youre hooked. Brilliant.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 06:03:42 PM »
I have just read an interesting tid bit stating definitively that the Bryan scenario is part of a carefully planned angle. The crowd reaction last night was NOT expected at all by WWE but they are delighted that they can incorporate it into the storyline in order to gather a more emotional input my the fanbase.

If this works it could reinvigorate WWE for a time - much like the Punk scenario when he left with the title. Make you believe its real and youre hooked. Brilliant.
The Punk angle was played out Brilliantly. They incorporated his contract expiring with a real life shoot.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2014, 02:58:16 AM »

The whole irony is Batista....brought him in as a saving grace to the WWE to spike ratings but he has obviously been relegated to #2. I am sure Big Dave is not liking this....I see a heel turn quickly...

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2014, 05:56:08 AM »
the word is after Mania, bu which time he may engage in a feud with Reigns but i think that may be too soon to push Reigns into the main event.

I think he will align with Trip & Steph - whatever they are known as now - and be their new chosen one.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2014, 08:16:37 AM »
The whole irony is Batista....brought him in as a saving grace to the WWE to spike ratings but he has obviously been relegated to #2. I am sure Big Dave is not liking this....I see a heel turn quickly...
Agree. I can see DB winning the title at elimination chamber and facing a monster heel in Batista.