Author Topic: Why did Alex Rodriguez look like shit despite all the roids?  (Read 17281 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Why did Alex Rodriguez look like shit despite all the roids?
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 07:40:37 PM »
Dude you do not even know how to quantify "results" in this instance because you have ever played a sport.

I have played more sports than you.  I was one of the best in the state at one time in Track and Cross-Country.  I also swam competitively for 8 years and nearly had a state record in Breast Stroke.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 07:41:28 PM »
You are terrible to argue with in that you do not have real knowledge only google.

How am I terrible?

I deal only in facts. Take me out of the equation.  I am just using studies, facts, evidence and Science.  What are you using?  Bro-science and bullshit?

Get the fuck out of here.

Wolfsanglerune

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 07:42:23 PM »
been discussed a bit sir...but ive seen it enough times to know some people have close to no response to it or what they expect it to be.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 07:43:23 PM »
Whats this you say?

ANOTHER study proving that Taking Steroids alone and not working out is better than just working out.

http://m.ajpendo.physiology.org/content/281/6/E1172.full

ZOD

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 07:46:37 PM »
I deal only in facts. 

this is from Mike Gravel, former Democratic Senator who ended the military draft

404 - facts not found.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 07:48:41 PM »
been discussed a bit sir...but ive seen it enough times to know some people have close to no response to it or what they expect it to be.
i dont know how can it come as suprise to ppl that steroids wont do much for muscle look if diet and training are off.

it just will not happen.youve said it very nicely"what they expect it to be" ;D

another question is how would arod have looked if he took nothing.thatd be few lbs muscle difference, but since he dont give shit about walking ripped,i see no suprises.

john mc enroe and petr korda used steroids too,lol.

and nah he wouldnt have been the same naturaly, maybe look, but not same power, recovery,strenght.
n

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »
404 - facts not found.
404-Mike Gravel was alone in his filibuster which changed the zeitgeist and led to the ending of the draft. Read the book, Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers by Daniel Ellsberg.  Hope this helps.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 07:52:14 PM »
another clueless question regarding steroid use.

you think all you need to do is take 'roids' and you grow muscles?

fucking ignorant clown.

do you have any clue what 'roids' do? maybe you should talk less and read more.

You should be a mod here. Every one of your posts are spot on.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 07:52:59 PM »
You should be a mod here. Every one of your posts are spot on.
Not if you read his "financial advice".

:D

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2014, 07:54:58 PM »
 Gali is spot on. Lance Armstrong didn't take a slew of drugs (test, growth, EPO) to look good or beefy in his underwear. Sportsmen take the drugs to aid strength, recovery, endurance.  Most - although some are - are not taking them to add significant amounts of muscle mass.
O

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 07:58:59 PM »
::)

Taking Steroids has been proven to be more effective than training in a lot of instances.  Here is one of many studies that showed steroids and no training yielded better results than training an no steroids.

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=16649835
http://www.ergo-log.com/trainingnosteroids.html

But you are missing the point. Steroids and gh aid in recovery. Being able to get up the next day and lift that barbell or swing that bat. Arod was about swinging a bat.

And I've read that study and it is telling but not surprising. They give cows and pigs steroids to beef them up and there is no muscle building program for them. But don't forget that you get even better results in so far as building muscle when you included training and AAS. And you achieve better health and better condition training without AAS then you would just taking AAS. Big muscles don't necessarily equate to better health or athletic condition.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2014, 08:00:43 PM »
Who said anything about big muscles?  I said he could have achieved all of the results he had naturally.  Problem is, he is a lazy fuck.

There is no way you can prove that. But it has been proven that AAS has enhanced an athlete's performance in a number of sports. That's why they use them. Lazy or not.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2014, 08:04:22 PM »
Not if you read his "financial advice".

:D

Hmm, I have not. But point taken. OK, he should be a mod on the steroid board.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »
Here is another one you mountebank.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199607043350101

The Study

This 10 week study took a group of 43 men of normal body weight between the ages of 19 and 40 who all had some degree of weight training experience. These men were then split up into 4 different groups:

Group 1 did NOT do any form of exercise, and did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing no weight training.)
    Group 2 did NOT do any form of exercise, but they received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing no weight training.)
    Group 3 DID exercise, but they did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing weight training.)
    Group 4 DID exercise, and they also received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing weight training.)

All of their diets (calorie intake, protein intake, nutrient intake, etc.) were standardized according to each person’s body weight, recorded, verified and adjusted when needed. The 2 groups who WERE weight training (groups 3 and 4) followed the same supervised workouts each week.

Meaning, with the exception of the fact that some groups were or were not weight training, and some were or were not using drugs… everything else (diet and training) was equal and even.
The Results

So… guess what happened?

Group 1 (no exercise, natural) experienced no significant changes. No surprise there.
    Group 2 (no exercise, drug use) was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. That’s not a typo. The group receiving testosterone injections and NOT working out at all gained 7 pounds of muscle.
   Group 3 (exercise, natural) was able to build about 4 pounds of muscle.
    Group 4 (exercise, drug use) was able to build about 13 pounds of muscle.

So What Does This Study Show Us?

Well, for starters, if you are natural and not doing any form of weight training, your muscle building results will suck. But we all knew that already.

Second, the muscle building effects of steroids are pretty F-ing significant. Despite using identical workout routines and diets, the guys who were also receiving testosterone injections gained over 3 TIMES as much muscle as the natural guys in the same period of time. The average difference was 13lbs gained to just 4lbs gained.

And third… here’s the most insane part of all. The group getting the testosterone injections and NOT doing any form of weight training whatsoever still gained significantly more muscle than the natural guys who WERE weight training. The difference was 7lbs gained to 4lbs gained

Let me repeat that again just in case it didn’t sink in. Guys using drugs and doing NOTHING built more muscle than the natural guys who were weight training 3 times per week. How crazy is that?

I know my article about how much muscle you can gain mentions steroid/drug use as one of the main factors that influence a person’s rate and limit of muscle growth, but did you think the effects would be THIS significant? No? Well… surprise! They are.

600mgs of test E and no working out.....these guys didn't gain muscle, they gained 7lbs of aromatised water bloat. Big surprise!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »
When explosiveness increases and his "smash factor" number will go up...Smash factor is something that is used in golf but is now also used in hitting a baseball. Also, any bat speed that is picked up from steroid use allows the batter to wait on a pitch longer.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2014, 09:57:26 PM »
Whats this you say?

ANOTHER study proving that Taking Steroids alone and not working out is better than just working out.

http://m.ajpendo.physiology.org/content/281/6/E1172.full

you really are a clueless moron.

you think alex looked worse than a guy who took steroids and didn't workout?

I can't believe how completely fucking stupid you are.

why don't you just do the world a favor, tie a rope, wrap it around your neck, and hang yourself as quickly as possible. be sure to call text somebody first, because we all know you won't be having any friends who'd notice you're gone and your neighbors would be pissed at the smell and it'd take them a month to call the cops.

fucking loser.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2014, 10:01:16 PM »

^^^

See, I told you. Mod material right here. Everything he says is spot on.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 10:02:21 PM »
Who said anything about big muscles?  I said he could have achieved all of the results he had naturally.  Problem is, he is a lazy fuck.

stupidest thing I've read all year... basically all the record breaking steroid freaks in different sports all over the world, could have achieved the same results naturally... they just needed to work harder.
 you
cant
 be
serious.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »
Adonis is not aware of the purpose of PEDS.

Wait for it.....

To EHANCE PERFORMANCE.

Who cares what this multimillionaire athlete looks like with his shirt off  LOL.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 10:17:02 PM »
Steroids work. Always have, always will.  

If you can do it, steroids make you do it better. This is undisputed.
a

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 10:21:54 PM »
Adonis is not aware of the purpose of PEDS.

Wait for it.....

To EHANCE PERFORMANCE.

Who cares what this multimillionaire athlete looks like with his shirt off  LOL.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 10:29:10 PM »
another clueless question regarding steroid use.
fucking ignorant clown.

;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 10:40:08 PM »
When explosiveness increases and his "smash factor" number will go up...Smash factor is something that is used in golf but is now also used in hitting a baseball. Also, any bat speed that is picked up from steroid use allows the batter to wait on a pitch longer.

This.

There is a 4 foot hrick wall on one side of my driveway.  Before I took tren..I had to get my dog from the neighbors yard and it was a pain in the ass getting over it quickly...after Tren I could put one hand on top of the wall and clear it by a foot with zero effort.

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2014, 12:45:07 AM »
::)

Taking Steroids has been proven to be more effective than training in a lot of instances.  Here is one of many studies that showed steroids and no training yielded better results than training an no steroids.

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=16649835
http://www.ergo-log.com/trainingnosteroids.html

lol after I saw his post I was gonna post something like this.

"uh ya actually just taking steroids and not training DOES yield muscle gains"

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2014, 04:36:14 AM »
I'm sure the stack was weak by bodybuilding standards... his weekly dosage would't even last
through breafast for a bb.

Even then I bet it gave him 15lbs of muscle/water. It most definitely worked very well.