Author Topic: Ryback released by WWE  (Read 10866 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Ryback released by WWE
« on: January 12, 2014, 05:51:23 PM »
Apparently hes been released, has made a number of random tweets and deleted them and has insinuated hes walking away from the business altogether.

Thoughts?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Ryback released by WWE
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 05:55:11 PM »
Apparently hes been released, has made a number of random tweets and deleted them and has insinuated hes walking away from the business altogether.

Thoughts?
If this is trus then I saw it coming a long time ago. Bad attitude with huge ego who hasn't paid bis dues. Like Fndango hes useless and cant wrestle. Fact.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 05:59:59 PM »
They pushed him real hard, i remember reading plans when he was injured with Nexus that Vince planned to push him to #2 face behind Cena. He had quite the momentum building at one point and was seemingly certain to have a run with the strap but his ego apparently got in the way.

Id like to have seen Brock go stiff on him to teach him a lesson or 2 about respecting the business, now hes nothing more than another unemployed wrestler that will disappear as quickly as he arrived.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 06:06:35 PM »
They pushed him real hard, i remember reading plans when he was injured with Nexus that Vince planned to push him to #2 face behind Cena. He had quite the momentum building at one point and was seemingly certain to have a run with the strap but his ego apparently got in the way.

Id like to have seen Brock go stiff on him to teach him a lesson or 2 about respecting the business, now hes nothing more than another unemployed wrestler that will disappear as quickly as he arrived.
[/quote
They should have pusbex Ryback harder...off a cliff...

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »

[/quote
They should have pusbex Ryback harder...off a cliff...

I think this is becoming contageous ;)

In all seriousness, he wont be missed and thats saying something when you consider the state of WWE.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 06:30:26 PM »
Seriously, WTF is going on with the quote function tonight?

I'm glad it's not just happening to me!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 06:32:59 PM »
Seriously, WTF is going on with the quote function tonight?

I'm glad it's not just happening to me!
ya ur right. Somethings wrong here

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »
As I said b4...they should have pushed Ryback harder...off a cliff.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 06:35:31 PM »
As I said b4...they should have pushed Ryback harder...off a cliff.

Now, you are quoting greatness!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 06:38:25 PM »
Classic Bobby Heenan line refering to Greg Gagne.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 06:39:20 PM »
Classic Bobby Heenan line refering to Greg Gagne.

Indeed...

Greatness...

8)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »
Off topic but ive said this before. The best quote i ever recall in wrestling is Heenan referring to Kerry Von Erich: Guy has a million dollar body and a 10 cent brain.

;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 06:41:52 PM »
Off topic but ive said this before. The best quote i ever recall in wrestling is Heenan referring to Kerry Von Erich: Guy has a million dollar body and a 10 cent brain.

;D

Greatness...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »
He hit the nail on the head there.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 05:44:14 PM »
Well...looks like this over rated bimbo named Ryback is still around...for now...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 05:56:00 PM »
Well...looks like this over rated bimbo named Ryback is still around...for now...

Yeah, what's up with this phenomenon lately: there've been quite a few inaccuracies reported by otherwise reliable sources. Hogan's TNA status being another off the top of my head.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 06:52:12 PM »

Thoughts?

I don't think he was released. I know Batista tweeted some stuff about Del Rio and then delted them. Didn't here anything about Ryback.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »
He was tweeting himself that he'd been released, saw the tweets with my own eyes. This is ridiculous.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »
He was tweeting himself that he'd been released, saw the tweets with my own eyes. This is ridiculous.

I think he was pulled over by the cops then released and people misinterpreted it. But who knows the guys a idiot.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »
Hes now claiming his account was hacked  ::)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »
Maybe. He's on Raw.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 11:58:20 PM »
Ryback was always no more than a flash in the pan who's never paid his dues. He was handed a spot and he dropped the ball.

AVBG

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 01:11:09 AM »
Meh.. Shitty Bill Goldberg - dime a dozen

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 10:49:13 AM »
Alright, I got to step up for my boy.  Some of you know he and I are actually good friends IRL.  But you can't beat him down over his gimmick when the entire thing was not his idea or he had any say so in it.

When they brought him back as Ryback he asked for two things.  1) a manager to talk for him on the stick because he knew he was very weak there and 2) his outfit to be long black tights and black boots instead of that hideous straps one he wears (though he has said he offers a prayer every day they didn't give him that modified thong one that Big E was stuck with for a while.)  He wasn't trying to be the next Goldberg but they were trying to subtle push him that way hoping the fans caught on.

Yeah, his spot of shine in the WWE stinks now and he is getting lost in the shuffle, but that is not his fault at all.  They want to create the next superstar to carry the company right out of the gate instead of letting the fans get behind one and push him up.  Usually when the company does the pushing and forces it on the fans, it fails miserably. 

AVBG

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
Alright, I got to step up for my boy.  Some of you know he and I are actually good friends IRL.  But you can't beat him down over his gimmick when the entire thing was not his idea or he had any say so in it.

When they brought him back as Ryback he asked for two things.  1) a manager to talk for him on the stick because he knew he was very weak there and 2) his outfit to be long black tights and black boots instead of that hideous straps one he wears (though he has said he offers a prayer every day they didn't give him that modified thong one that Big E was stuck with for a while.)  He wasn't trying to be the next Goldberg but they were trying to subtle push him that way hoping the fans caught on.

Yeah, his spot of shine in the WWE stinks now and he is getting lost in the shuffle, but that is not his fault at all.  They want to create the next superstar to carry the company right out of the gate instead of letting the fans get behind one and push him up.  Usually when the company does the pushing and forces it on the fans, it fails miserably. 

How much effort did he put in working on his PROMOS? Outside of what he was required/obligated to do before they turned off his mic? This skill (or lack thereof) proved, more than anything else to be his downfall.