Author Topic: geleniko bbuilding "career" temporarily over :-(  (Read 14448 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
geleniko bbuilding "career" temporarily over :-(
« on: January 13, 2014, 09:19:18 AM »
so bc of permenent non stop pains in shoulder, affected not only training since years, but everyday life pains got worse and worse.

decided to have a rontgen scan at doctors, he found somethings very wrong but couldnt see it,so we did the mri or rmi or whatever,that tunnel that they put you in ,very tight and very loud.then the inner stuff of body is xrayed or whatever.

they give anestsia injection(this one was small),then they inect some fluid to be seen on the xray pics, goddamn that needle scared me,haha.

so the results are back and talked to doctor.

theres much doctoric lingo in the letter-result of mri test, but to sum it up in layman getbigger terms, the shoulder is entirely fucked up.(but it says literaly that the shoulder muscles are extremly-extraodrinarily huge and strong).theres freakng parts missing!and inflammation edemas.

he asked me how i can still work with that,let alone work out.

the advice is to pretty much stop training immediately and have operation asap.

he said its actualy not from lifting,but genetic predosposition, the shoulder structure was bit off since birth.

i can list the doctor lingo if theres some docs here who care,but in conclusion, the recovery time post op(8-10weeks,fuuuuck,)and the re growing of muscle will most likely mean no summer of love parading the beaches jacked and shredded :-X

this is hugely demotivation.a devastating blow of destiny

those guns for arms will shrink away to nothingness :-\

n

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
Re: geleniko bbuilding "career" temporarily over :-(
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 09:22:10 AM »
Sorry man,tough break, hopefully you can come back even better after recovery.
H

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 09:24:58 AM »
Sorry to hear it bro.

You can still train abs and legs and pick up hoes though!  ;D

All the best brother,stay strong and you`ll be back in the gym before you know it.  ;)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 09:26:33 AM »
so bc of permenent non stop pains in shoulder, affected not only training since years, but everyday life pains got worse and worse.

decided to have a rontgen scan at doctors, he found somethings very wrong but couldnt see it,so we did the mri or rmi or whatever,that tunnel that they put you in ,very tight and very loud.then the inner stuff of body is xrayed or whatever.

they give anestsia injection(this one was small),then they inect some fluid to be seen on the xray pics, goddamn that needle scared me,haha.

theres much doctoric lingo in the letter-result of mri test, but to sum it up in layman getbigger terms, the shoulder is entirely fucked up.(but it says literaly that the shoulder muscles are extremly-extraodrinarily huge and strong).theres freakng parts missing!and inflammation edemas.

he said its actualy not from lifting,but genetic predosposition, the shoulder structure was bit off since birth.

i can list the doctor lingo if theres some docs here who care,but in conclusion, the recovery time post op(8-10weeks,fuuuuck,)and the re growing of muscle will most likely mean no summer of love parading the beaches jacked and shredded :-X

thanks for defining what an MRI is for us  ::) 

Yeah, that sucks.  But lots you can still do.  Situps, legs and such.  Stay lean and fuck mean.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 09:28:32 AM »
Sucks fella. Build a bubblebutt, some cows, and look forward to the rebound/muscle memory gains in time for summer...
O

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »

Re: the congenital part. Sounds like you have one of those hooked Acromion processes. Makes shoulders very susceptible to injury. I have the same thing bro.

You'll come back better than ever, no worries, small bump in the road  8)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 09:30:54 AM »
You're a great man and a great bodybuilder, sorry to hear!!
S

dustin

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:41 AM »
Don't sweat it, sometimes there are things that prohibit us from training but life goes on. You'll recover in due time. Physique will hardly be affected and will be in top notch form once you start slowly training too. Just take it easy and focus on recovering properly. 8)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »
Sorry to hear, nothing like an injury to fuck up a whole year training.Maybe use the time to bring up other skills.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 09:34:36 AM »
thanks for defining what an MRI is for us  ::) 

;D

yah i thought can do legs every other day or something, or just left side exercises.or cardio till the full auschwitz look.

will have to switch hands for knuckle olympics though.

hm, the comeback, i hope goes without complication, they will have to insert some pices that currently are simply gone.and bruise off some bone tissue.

but the current situation is unbearable anymore,so yeah.

if it heals all well, gonna come back much more jacked 8)
n

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 09:35:51 AM »
No worries Nutello, you'll be back soon.
Beware of depression which may sneak in during your inactive period... the body sucks so much when it isn't functioning - find something else to concentrate on and feel good about.

Good luck.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 09:38:27 AM »
Damn, that's some fucked up news! You better plan that operation ASAP. Maybe some primo or bold to speed up the recovery afterwards?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 09:41:42 AM »
Gal,

What was the diagnosis?

What surgery did he recommend?

Give us some more details and here's to a speedy recovery.

"1"

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 09:43:53 AM »
Re: the congenital part. Sounds like you have one of those hooked Acromion processes. Makes shoulders very susceptible to injury. I have the same thing bro.

yes!! the report says something "weird akromion" or unstraight akromion.

but that is just the outer part brother, on the inside of the shoulder "cave", theres some parts missing causing permanent instability.its all held together pretty much by just muscle, hard to explain.

and yes, chronical permanent friction of akromion,its says chronical impingment(haha this sounds like some funny asian sport)

yeah ill make sure to be shredded and severly overtrained before op.not like i have to be careful about this anymore,its shot anyway.

the comeback will be easy, starting clean and lean and blow up into shreddedness.hopefuly before summer is over :D

damn the pain meds will not be so good for kidney i guess

You're a great man and a great bodybuilder, sorry to hear!!
agree partialy, but im a small bbuilder ;D

soon i will carry skinnyfat 12inch guns 8)
n

jodsy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 09:44:56 AM »

sure he didn't say it was small but sort of lean

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 09:45:11 AM »

Yes. Sounds Type 3.

Good luck Gal. Stay away from all overhead pressing movements.

Horizontal pressing, might want to lay off that too, though I find decline pressing doesn't aggravate as much.

Horizontal rowing and vertical pulling should be very ok though.

Also, I would strongly advise to make your serratus as strong as possible, to pull the scapula properly against the rib cage during shoulder movements.

Watch out for biceps tendonitis. As guys in your spot start to over/under compensate for bad shoulders, biceps tendons can bear an unfair brunt (which will subsequently ruin any back workouts you can still do).

Not impossible, but not a fun road to travel. Best of luck friend.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 09:53:01 AM »
I'll be honest...it sucks to be you for until you're lifting again

...but just remember..even at your worst you'll still be bigger then dj181 ;D

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 09:59:36 AM »
Gal,

What was the diagnosis?

What surgery did he recommend?

I am assuming you got a cortisone shot to the shoulder to reduce the overall inflammation and pain.

Give us some more details and here's to a speedy recovery.

"1"
nah brother,i refuse the cortisol shot, by looking at the scans(ill upload later a pic), even me seen straight away that theres no tab or shot to fix that.
theres very strong cortisol tabs theyd make the pain smaller, but no good idea consdiering all other factors.

here is the diagnosis, i translate as good as possible:

-bent akromion
-some arhtrosisbut big inflammation in "ac"joint, medium edema in extremitas acromialis claviculae.
-chronical impingement of tuberculum majus humeri vs lower edge of akromion.resulting in several signal cysts in tuberculum majus humeri.
-extremly or most suffering is the joint from supra to infraspinatus tendon, the rotator cuff in this area is EXTREMLY thickened and has a central and peritendinos edema,al the way to the infraspinatus tendon.
-inflammation on the "pulley"(???)subscapari tendon cranialy shortened and thickened,pulley is signalaltered.
-instability of the bicps tendon on entry to sulcus.
-off relation of labrum glenoidale
-wide medialised beginning(?) of the ventral joint capsule.
-cranial thinned subscapulis tendon
-lasion of the pulley
-wide ventral joint capsule
-CURRENTLY VERY STRONG MUSCULATURE ;D ;D
-that musclulature making the subakromial gap tighter.
-tendinitis

sounds bad eh :-X :-X

Damn, that's some fucked up news! You better plan that operation ASAP. Maybe some primo or bold to speed up the recovery afterwards?
will use some gh for that 8)
n

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2014, 10:00:52 AM »
Sorry to hear the news. Hope you recover.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2014, 10:02:52 AM »
it s not tatuwere going anywhere anyway

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 10:03:50 AM »

Damn, sorry to hear this Gale

That's like the worst verdict one can ever get "x-structure was a bit off already at birth" aka genetical defect

Hope you eventually will come back to the land of iron in a few years Gale!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 10:05:03 AM »
He`ll bounce back fast...........it`s in his blood.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 10:09:52 AM »
U should document w/ photos, videos, etc., the surgery, recovery process and return to shrededness here on GB. Would be an epic thread.
ah yeah will do.

the comeback will be phenomenal 8)

bc of this i had to hold myself back alt on weights used.it literaly affected everything but calves,more or less.

actually looking forward losing it all, the time when you come back in very little time is always the best, sgouldnt take any longer than 4weeks i think.

fresh receptors and all that ;D

Yes. Sounds Type 3.

Horizontal pressing, might want to lay off that too, though I find decline pressing doesn't aggravate as much.

Also, I would strongly advise to make your serratus as strong as possible, to pull the scapula properly against the rib cage during shoulder movements.

Watch out for biceps tendonitis. As guys in your spot start to over/under compensate for bad shoulders, biceps tendons can bear an unfair brunt (which will subsequently ruin any back workouts you can still do).

thx.
i hope it will be possible to do all the movemments again.
currently, incline press is plain impossible.hell even incline flies is nono.

the only way to stimulate pecs somewhat is decline on good day and flies on cables where i can work around the pain zone.

biceps, man, its like the "connection" is "lost",it simply feels numb,if you know what i mean.
triceps cant go full out either.

its werid,shoulder press works fine sometimes, soemtimes not at all.

yeah i know what you mean with the back workouts, cant pull back the shoulders properly.

it just sucks, the last years been working around it, with the hope this wuld go away.haha when i seen the scans i realized how naive that was

it s not tatuwere going anywhere anyway
thats right i was already there.

speaking of things, wheres your picture to se where you went? ;D
n

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 10:11:33 AM »
Yes. Sounds Type 3.

This is good advice.

Also: you can (should) never go heavy on any shoulder stuff again (excluding traps.) High reps light weight, but you already know this I'm sure. This is a major no-no.

Start working on some shoulder mobility exercises during your rehab. You'll feel better after you are healed up bro.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 10:13:44 AM »
Sorry to hear Gal. Get better.

More importantly though...

Is Chiro gonna make it?
$